Author Topic: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019  (Read 19747 times)

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
Re: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 05:56:12 AM »
I know I haven't said it enough but thank you to all of the volunteers who contribute to Friends of Comic-Con.   I know the new volunteers working on hotels will be using a lot of their personal time to do this and it is appreciated.

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 12:35:38 PM »
Joining the chorus of thank you's to the volunteers who help. You guys are amazing and generous and I appreciate your efforts beyond words.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:31:54 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
Your recognition is very much appreciated by everyone who works on this project. We hope that you will extend this appreciation to some patience and understanding with this year's exchange. We are making some changes to the process, both to make it easier for the volunteers, and to ensure that the information is as accurate as possible. More information regarding these changes will be announced soon.

Offline ToryRoxx

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 09:03:48 PM »
Anyone have any idea /predictions on whe the lottery will happen ? ???

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've said this before, but compared to badge buying, my stress levels for hotels is much lower. With badge buying, if you're shut out, then you're shut out. Your chances of going to SDCC drop to near zero (unless you win a contest or happen to have a Professional or Exhibitor friend with extra pass). But with hotels, I've been shut out before, and yet I still ended up with a downtown hotel, thanks to friends and strangers who had extra rooms, or just being persistent in constantly checking for room availabilities and pouncing on them w/o a second's consideration. And this goes for room availabilities for 1-2 nights... I've had to switch hotels mid-SDCC. And you have to remember, you WILL get a hotel room, because there's always going to be availability, maybe not Downtown where most of us want to be, but definitely around Hotel Circle. So chances of being homeless for SDCC are near zero.
I totally agree!!!
I have given away a room and been given a room.... the help that this forum has provided me over the years has been awesome!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »
The last few years, I ended up with great downtown hotels thanks to the good people of this forum. I hope to be able to give back and brighten someone's con this year.

Offline Deathbyjackal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 193
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »
I am READY TO RUMBLE! More hotel info couldn't come soon enough.

I also wouldn't mind lasagna.

In all seriousness this exchange is awesome. I've been on both the receiving and giving end of rooms and it is just magical to be a part of the community that looks out for con goers!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »
The last few years, I ended up with great downtown hotels thanks to the good people of this forum. I hope to be able to give back and brighten someone's con this year.

Same. My first year staying downtown, I was able to do so because of these forums. The last couple of years, I've been able to help others, and it's all been a great experience.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »
Thank you for the update and thank you to all the volunteers in helping with this  :)

I am hoping lottery luck is with me this year and I won't need to do any room exchange but it certainly helps to have this safety net. It has saved me in past years  O:-)

Offline jmcwho64

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »
When is the hotel lottery or is it still unknown?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline freem118

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »
Thanks so much for all you do! I am mostly a lurker but was able to help a few with badges and hotels last year. Hope to do the same this year!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 03:02:53 PM »
When is the hotel lottery or is it still unknown? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still unknown, but likely early/mid April.

Offline jmcwho64

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
Thanks will keep an eye on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 08:29:12 PM »
Thanks to the awesome people helping out this awesome community yet again!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 05:09:00 PM »
The FoCC  SDCC 2019 Hotel Exchange section of the forum is now open. We strongly recommend that if you are interested in participating in the Hotel Exchange that you check out this area immediately. There is a form that needs to be filled out before the actual lottery takes place. For more details, please see the SDCC 2019 Hotel Exchange section of the forums.

Please note that the Hotel Exchange section is a private area of the forum that is only visible to eligible members. Eligibility has already been determined and was made based on members' activity levels. If you are not able to see the private area, then you did not meet the criteria. The list of eligible members will not be changed, and no more people will be added to the area for this year. To be a part of the Hotel Exchange next year, please remain on the forum and contribute, to become an active member.

It is not in the nature of FoCC to exclude people. The forums are open to all and we encourage new members to join. However, over the past few years we have noticed a trend of people coming to the forum only for the hotel exchange and this caused some serious security concerns, since there is a lot of private information involved in these exchanges. Our priority (and the reason the Hotel Exchange was created in the first place) is to give back to the active forum members who contribute to the community as a whole. We strongly encourage new members to stick around and become involved in everything else the forum has to offer. This site is a great resource of information for all things Comic Con, and as SDCC approaches there will be many threads about a wide variety of topics, from programming and offsites to cosplay and packing. You do not have to be a part of the Hotel Exchange to be a part of FoCC.

We understand that some may be disappointed to not be a part of the Hotel Exchange. We hope that you will stick around and be a part of the exchange with us next year.