Author Topic: WonderCon Press  (Read 2061 times)

Offline indiglow

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 51
WonderCon Press
« on: March 01, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
Is anyone doing it? Since it's not huge as SDCC, I'm wondering if they're more relaxed on who gets accepted as press. And since it's also coming up really soon, does it take them as long as w/ SDCC to approve people? Even though I know WC's highly likely to have badges pop back up into availability before the con starts, my friend skipped out on getting a Sat badge because she's waiting to get approved.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
Re: WonderCon Press
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
I've been doing WonderCon as press since 2012. It's not as crazy crowded as Comic Con but the press rooms can be busy (depending on the show/film etc). Seems that if you are approved as press for Comic Con it also applies to Wonder Con. This year I sent in the re-verification materials for Comic Con and Wonder Con. The same day I got the approval email for CCI the Wonder Con one came in a few minutes afterwards. Hope your friend hears soon on her approval. (but yes it does seem that it was easier to get WonderCon approval at least a few years ago).

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:25:18 AM »

Offline bettiebloodshed

• Gaming Lounge
    • My cosplay page!
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:23 PM »
Speaking of Wondercon Press, has anyone started to get emails regarding interviews or press releases for WC? I haven't yet (and I'm already approved/confirmed) so I'm just a bit nervous since it's getting closer.
Owner of When Nerds Attack .com

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is anyone doing it? Since it's not huge as SDCC, I'm wondering if they're more relaxed on who gets accepted as press. And since it's also coming up really soon, does it take them as long as w/ SDCC to approve people? Even though I know WC's highly likely to have badges pop back up into availability before the con starts, my friend skipped out on getting a Sat badge because she's waiting to get approved.

We were just approved for WonderCon yesterday, and also denied for SDCC yesterday. We applied on the last possible to day to apply for WonderCon (Feb 20). However, last year we were denied for WonderCon.

Offline Rox

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:08:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Speaking of Wondercon Press, has anyone started to get emails regarding interviews or press releases for WC? I haven't yet (and I'm already approved/confirmed) so I'm just a bit nervous since it's getting closer.

I haven't gotten anything yet either, but last year (my first year with press) I didn't start to get anything until it was just under a couple weeks away.

Offline bamfpire

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 09:43:47 PM »
Last year we had a staff member apply on site and get accepted immediately, it was definitely not as stressful as SDCC.