Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91092 times)

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
Join the club.

I am in NY and the site appeared to hang up before opening.

I am screwed.

Offline KatDancer

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 16
I had the same trouble with the link not loading quickly.  My autofill also did not work and I had to type everything in manually.  I was done at about 2 minutes and 45 seconds.  My husband had a trouble with the pull down menu not showing the selected hotels; he kept trying to get it to work and it indicated he had submitted "73 out of 6" hotels.  :-(

Perhaps booking a fully-cancellable room as a backup would be a good plan.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline SchoolboyQ

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
Chrome Autofill worked for everything except for the Occupant names

Offline bothanspy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 24
So upset. It finally loaded the form and let me choose one hotel and nothing happened. It just stayed highlighted. All I could do was highlight more selections in the drop down. Then it just automatically submitted before I even entered room info or check in/out dates. I had to back all the way out and start over. Over three minutes. I wonder if I have any recourse since the first submision clearly has my name and email on it.

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
Mine took a minute to load and the form didn't have the dropdown - I accidentally submitted half a form first, then submitted another one by ctrl+selecting all 6.

I don't think that went well. - After all that practice.
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
Bothany spy - same happened to me! I got it the way I wanted after three goes, and four minutes

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
I have been practicing with the online form found here, thought there will be 6 drop down windows, one hotel at a time. My practice time was 55 secs.

Took 34 secs to load the page. Another 1 min 45 secs to fill out the form. Didn't know I have to select them all from within a tiny scrolling window. Totally throw off by the selecting process.

sign. Chance are not good.

Offline Jekecy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
So did ANYONE not have the initial loading issues? If it occurred universally then we should be fine.

Offline saban

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Because it didn't load, I tried getting in on another browser and another Chrome tab, then furiously checked among the three selections until one opened up. Wasn't sure what to do.

The one saving grace is that my first selection is a downtown hotel, but not one of the more popular choices, according to the poll I saw yesterday. (Embassy Suites)

That was my first choice too since I'll be going with 3 others and I'm the only one going to CC.  Let's hope we both get in.

Offline Evilregal30

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
Hi all, first time posting. Did anyone else have 5 other hotels just pop up after their first choice? The site didn't load right away so I just panicked and submitted whatever choices were randomly loaded after my first choice. This could suck :(

Offline Nancy

• Gaming Lounge
    • Quiet Superstitions
  • Liked: 57
Yep, same issues as everyone else on here. The form took SO long to load, then I had to use Ctrl for selections - I couldn't even make sure all my choices were there.

I'll feel sick until I get a confirmation email, then sicker until I actually get a reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
Yeah, the page went super weird for me too.  The hotels weren't loading right and then it submitted itself by itself at one point.  Active was also being super weird for Avengers registration.  Urg, stress with loading on both fronts xD

Offline The Camping Out Op

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
Frak Me! It took almost a minute... maybe more for the page to even load for me as well. Was done in maybe under 2 but after a minute of the page not loading.... Feeling screwed.

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
My form didn't load until 9:01:50-9:02:00 either. I believe I still had mine in by 9:02:30. So hopefully the loading problem occurred for everyone because so many of us were trying to access the link at once, thus equalizing our time!
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline d_p

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
Same here, no pulldown option! I had to reload the page, lost about 30 seconds of time, and it also submitted my request before I was done so I had to do it twice.