Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91092 times)

Offline Jekecy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have been practicing with the online form found here, thought there will be 6 drop down windows, one hotel at a time. My practice time was 55 secs.

Did you watch the practice video in the first post? It was practically identical to the one now, and was used last year. I studied the layout very closely so I wasn't caught off guard when there weren't 6 separate drop-downs. It actually made me go a lot faster because my pointer was already on it, so I just kept left-clicking after every selection.

Offline pacino408

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
It took the site about a minute to load up and then a minute to fill out the form. My form process was good with no glitches. I hope I can stay downtown this year, best of luck to all.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline bothanspy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 24
Yep, same issues as everyone else on here. The form took SO long to load, then I had to use Ctrl for selections - I couldn't even make sure all my choices were there.

I'll feel sick until I get a confirmation email, then sicker until I actually get a reservation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When you hit ctrl, did it select them and put the below the box so you could drag and reorder them?  Curious if it truly selected them

Offline 656782

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Form took a while to load...

Chrome Autofill worked for everything except for the Occupant names

I concur!

That was my first choice too since I'll be going with 3 others and I'm the only one going to CC.  Let's hope we both get in.

Yeah, I went for Embassy Suites as my #1 and #2 picks. Fingers crossed!

Offline newbie12

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 91
I also had random hotels show up in my list but I removed them and added my real choices.
At this point, if I get a cardboard box in the back of Hard Rock, I may have to take it. ;D
Really though, if I'm lucky enough to get anything, and for some reason it doesn't work for me, I know someone here will most likely want it so the effort wasn't a total waste.

Offline Arpanet

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
I freaked out when the form wasn't loading! Good thing I wasn't the only one having the problem.

Offline nelbel76

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 20
Hopefully I will have some luck with our hotel trade

Offline lalv_99

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
Hey everyone, I'm new here.  Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (esp. jopari) for all the help.  Being a SDCC first timer this forum has really helped me plan for everything.

Unfortunately my page took over 1:30 to load.  Was done by 2:23, but I'm not liking my chances.  I'm just praying I get something downtown.

So upset. It finally loaded the form and let me choose one hotel and nothing happened. It just stayed highlighted. All I could do was highlight more selections in the drop down. Then it just automatically submitted before I even entered room info or check in/out dates. I had to back all the way out and start over. Over three minutes. I wonder if I have any recourse since the first submision clearly has my name and email on it.

My friend had the exact same problem.  I'm interested what they do about this since my friend's was auto-submitted before I got my form in.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
Took over 2 minutes for the site to load. Got the form submitted in under 3 minutes. Once it actually loaded the page worked fine but not feeling so great about the time.
I wonder if they had that much more traffic compared to lsat year or if it was a random problem with the site this year. I don't remember having problems or hearing about problems like i am hearing this year.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I just reloaded the form (9:19) and it says that downtown hotels are no longer available.

Offline Arpanet

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
I went back to the form and noticed some of the hotels have been removed...that was fast lol

Offline Evilregal30

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
Yeah, I basically gambled that I was getting the form in fast enough to get my first choice. I have no idea what other hotels showed up randomly. Hopefully they aren't in the middle of nowhere...

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
I went back to the form and noticed some of the hotels have been removed...that was fast lol

Yeah downtown hotels are gone but that's to be expected. Just hope our forms are good
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
It's sounding to me like everyone had problems, so I'm betting that a later submission time this year is the norm.

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
Did you watch the practice video in the first post? It was practically identical to the one now, and was used last year. I studied the layout very closely so I wasn't caught off guard when there weren't 6 separate drop-downs. It actually made me go a lot faster because my pointer was already on it, so I just kept left-clicking after every selection.

didn't know there is a video.