Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91100 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I freaked out when the form wasn't loading! Good thing I wasn't the only one having the problem.

if everyone had this problem then the time frame we talked about prior to the sale is wrong
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
I tried using firefox and chrome to see if the selection choices would show and nope they didn't. I had no idea what to do, so I just submitted with my first choice. Then I went back at about 9:09 and tried using ctrl which seemed to work. This just sucks. There was nothing (that I saw at least) about not dragging and putting them in order/using ctrl in any CCI email. How do we even know if they are in order of preference? Man, this is going to be a long two days.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline bothanspy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 24
A lot of people got screwed I think. Check out this tweet that's picking up steam.

Offline Charlotte2997

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
I think I entered everything correctly and didn't seem to have a problem with the dropdown menu. It all seems like a blur now, I wish I could go back and check everything I entered was right without waiting for travel planners!!

I had the issue with the form loading but if everyone had this issue then it'll level the playing field!

Offline nelbel76

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 20
Twitter is going crazy. A lot of people had problems.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
A lot of people got screwed I think. Check out this tweet that's picking up steam.

Yes, that's the hotel selection box I got! No wonder selection choice didn't work!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
i got this after i clicked submit

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
anyone think there is any chance they may re-do this whole thing. I adhering a lot of people had trouble with the site not only not loading but it not working correctly once it did load and also submitting on it's own without al the information filled out.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
anyone think there is any chance they may re-do this whole thing. I adhering a lot of people had trouble with the site not only not loading but it not working correctly once it did load and also submitting on it's own without al the information filled out.

Actually I seriously doubt they will redo it. But we'll see!

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
That tweet is what I saw too.  I ended up submitting 3 forms (first one submitted by itself when half done, second with ctrl clicks, third normally at like 7 minutes)
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
My form still hadn't loaded and it was over a minute so I switched to safari, that didn't load. I went back to chrome and the firm was up.  My chrome autofill worked on the but not on the guest names so by the time I typed out everyone's name, I was close to 3 minutes.  I feel like crying because after practicing all last night and then again this morning I had it down to 35 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
I'm wondering with all the issues people had with load times/hotel choices if the times will also be longer. I've not seen anyone saying they submitted the form before 9:01.

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
I think with all the problems this year the normal times that we use as a reference for if we will get our choice hotels is throwout the window. Usually i hear people say they got the form in in under a minute. This year a ton of people are saying they page didn't even load in under a minute. So it's going to be very difficult to tell. I guess we wildest have to wait till Thursday and see what happens.

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
so the confirmation page loaded at 9:01:33 for me - but there was a lag of about 5-10 seconds between hitting "submit" and the confirmation page loading. On top of the initial roughly a minute lag to load the page at all. Fingers crossed for my top choices.

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273

I doubt they will do a re-do. Just no way. Not everyone had a form problem just what looks like a long load time. What they may do is see your incomplete form, see that it was messed up, and either give you a chance to finish out your 6 choices, clarify any booking info, or still give you your top choice if you were only able to put in less than 6 choices. All dependent on the order it was received of course.