Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91119 times)

Offline evanarose

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
I had the drop down hotel problem too. Is there a email to contact them on? Since Im overseas think it would cost alot to call and guessing theres callwaiting

Offline myfavoriteholiday

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 12
I clicked the link from my email at 9:00:00. Page did not load until 9:01:15. Refreshed at 9:00:40. Page Loaded. Started to fill form... first hotel selected... pressed enter... watch as form is prematurly submitted. Go back. Continue filling form... approx 9:03:00... cannot select multiple hotels... cannot make multiple selections using command + click. fill out rest of information with one selection only as it is all I can do. Time at this point 9:05pm. I start calling travel planners. I continue to attempt to reload the form hopeing a drop down menu for hotel selection will appear... nothing. I get through on the phone at 9:09. My travel planner apologizes for my troubles. I finish with them at 9:12. I still can't load the drop down at 9:15.

Then I checked back around 9:30...

It magically appeared.

What happened?
I practiced. Got it down to a min 10 sec. It was for nothing.

If anyone had a similar experience or has an idea what went wrong, please.

I was using Safari 8.0.4 (10600.4.10.7) on a MacBook running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

[update] this answered my question. posting what happened to me for the sake of others. You are not alone.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
I just called TP back and got the same answer. The lady said they could't take down my six choices but when they send the email confirming that the form was submitted to respond to that with the six choices and then management would look into it.

I will definitely be following up with them about this.
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline kiddo235

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 40
My page took a full minute to load and I also had problems with the drop down.  But how are they clocking all of these calls in to Travel Planners?  If I call in will that change the time I submitted and what process do they use now to give everyone their reservations anyway?  Is it a lottery?  I've never really understood.
"Always said I wanted to work in Hollywood...I should have been more specific."

Offline MommyDearest

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
I just picked 6. I don't have any particular order; I'll be happy to get any of them.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
Yes, we still had to manually fill out the hotels.

Ummm ... I hope I did this right.  My form only allowed me to select/highlight the hotels I wanted.  I didn't get a first, second, etc choice.  This happened for everyone else, right?

Also, I saw that people who used Chrome filled out their forms using autofill.  Did those who did this have to still manually click on the hotels they wanted?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline The Camping Out Op

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
I'm glad people will be taken care of, but if someone submitted a partially blank form, wouldn't that improve their time stamp?  So will they get put ahead of those who submitted a fully completed form with a slightly later time stamp?

I have to agree with Devorah on this. While I feel for those folks that had issues with partially blank forms going through... How is that in anyway fair to the people that suffered through the glitches and managed to submit a fully completed hotel request form? If those with partially blank forms have the time of those faulty submissions count, then that makes their stamp earlier than if they had actually finished filling it out properly.

Again, no disrespect to those of you who had faulty/incomplete submissions go through, but I sure hope the plan for this call Travel Planners and having them fill out people's faulty hotel requests is done in a way that doesn't screw the rest of us who battled to get it done properly.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
I just called TP and my call was answered immediately!  Very polite and fast.  :)  They corrected my form.  I am not sure what would have happened but there were no selections on my form!  So here's my list:

1.  Marriott Marquis
2.  Hilton Bayfront
3.  Manchester Hyatt
4.  The Embassy Suites Bay View
5.  The Embassy Suites City View
6.  The Pearl.

I have a backup at BW Island Palms which is out in the boons on Shelter Island.
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
I'm glad people will be taken care of, but if someone submitted a partially blank form, wouldn't that improve their time stamp?  So will they get put ahead of those who submitted a fully completed form with a slightly later time stamp?

I was wondering the same thing. It's really not fair either way. They need to fix the forms of the people who had problems but why should those people get an advantage if they were able to submit the form faster because they didn't have to pick the hotels. I know someone who go the form in in like 10 seconds because the form auto filled out all the information and then submitted on it's own without the hotels. I could of done the same time if i didn't have to deal with the hotel drop down box.
I know they won't do it but this is why they should re-do this whole thing. How on earth are they going to decide on the order to process those incomplete forms.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
I have to agree with Devorah on this. While I feel for those folks that had issues with partially blank forms going through... How is that in anyway fair to the people that suffered through the glitches and managed to submit a fully completed hotel request form? If those with partially blank forms have the time of those faulty submissions count, then that makes their stamp earlier than if they had actually finished filling it out properly.

Again, no disrespect to those of you who had faulty/incomplete submissions go through, but I sure hope the plan for this call Travel Planners and having them fill out people's faulty hotel requests is done in a way that doesn't screw the rest of us who battled to get it done properly.

I feel like those who got good forms submitted are going to be taken first over everyone else. Then they'll probably start slogging through the rest. I'm not sure how they are going to figure out this giant mess and know who can get what hotel. The fact that the first TP rep told me my form I submitted at 9:03 with one hotel was probably discarded (which I still don't know is true since I got the confirmation screen) doesn't really give me hope that my timestamp is good. I know this sucks, but at this point any of us are going to be lucky to get ANY hotel downtown. That's the way I'm looking at it.

Offline kikidoodle

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 15

100% how I feel... at the very LEAST I hope TP adds on extra time to those who submitted early.  I see a ton of people who say they submitted a blank form before they filled out the regular one.  I trudged through my regular form with no accidental submission despite glitches and that feels unfair.

I wonder if we should all call TP up?

Offline The Camping Out Op

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
100% how I feel... at the very LEAST I hope TP adds on extra time to those who submitted early.  I see a ton of people who say they submitted a blank form before they filled out the regular one.  I trudged through my regular form with no accidental submission despite glitches and that feels unfair.

I wonder if we should all call TP up?

May not be a bad idea. I know that they are being bombarded with calls but I'd sure like to know that there's some acknowledgement of how this is unfair to people who properly put in their submissions, problems and all.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
I was wondering the same thing. It's really not fair either way. They need to fix the forms of the people who had problems but why should those people get an advantage if they were able to submit the form faster because they didn't have to pick the hotels. I know someone who go the form in in like 10 seconds because the form auto filled out all the information and then submitted on it's own without the hotels. I could of done the same time if i didn't have to deal with the hotel drop down box.
I know they won't do it but this is why they should re-do this whole thing. How on earth are they going to decide on the order to process those incomplete forms.

They've definitely created a mess for themselves. It's not fair either way, you're right. Unfortunately they're probably just going to do their usual hand-waving explanation about how they're "fixing" it and never tell us exactly how this fix makes it fair, or affects where you are in the timestamps. I really really hate TP and their total lack of accountability. It makes me wish I was an event planner so I could refuse to use them and go with their competition, whoever that is.

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185

Some of us did it properly and had 6 filled out.  It just wouldn't let us rank them, and it would have taken several seconds, maybe to order them, but the confusion caused by having to search for how to rank cost us even more.  I really think it's going to be a draw here, unless we want to start begging for those seconds we lost trying to figure out why we couldn't rank.  It's probably not possible to know what is "fair" in each situation.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Some of us did it properly and had 6 filled out.  It just wouldn't let us rank them, and it would have taken several seconds, maybe to order them, but the confusion caused by having to search for how to rank cost us even more.  I really think it's going to be a draw here, unless we want to start begging for those seconds we lost trying to figure out why we couldn't rank.  It's probably not possible to know what is "fair" in each situation.

I also believe that no matter what Travel Planners does in this situation--to try to alleviate or solve these issues--not everyone will be happy.  On their end of things, it's a "lose-lose" type of scenario.  Whatever they decide to do, some people will be elated, while others will be upset.  There really isn't a "right" answer for this.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...