Author Topic: Game of Thrones: Panel vs. Autographing Chances  (Read 23413 times)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: Game of Thrones: Panel vs. Autographing Chances
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, thank you, Cracksback! That is an excellent Sandra Bullock story! Though I'm disappointed to hear that WB puts the wristbands on so tight. I've seen SDCC Game of Thrones signed posters from last year on Amazon for like $300, so I was thinking about paying someone up to that much for their wristband if they were going to sell it anyway. But it doesn't seem like that will be an option!

It would really depend if someone could get their hand out of it and you could get your hand in it. They are very thick and sturdy and don't stretch. Actually very nice. Each one has a hologram surface with the movie or show logo for the signing. In 2013 our second time through WB we got The 100 signing and didn't even know what it was (it wouldn't even be on TV til the next year), but it was the only one left with Tomorrow People. When we got there for the signing there was a teenage girl begging to buy someone's wristband for $50 b/c she loved some boy on the show. I didn't even want her money and was going to give it to her, but I could not get my hand out of it!!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
That's what happened to us with the cast of Fringe, my daughter had an invader zim hat on and they were asking my daughter questions and behold security comes along to tell us to move it. Same with Kevin Bacon, wife asked  him a question and security steps in and says you can't ask questions. It's cool though all part of the experience.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:29:36 AM »

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »
just thought i would weigh in, 2014 was me and my daughter's 1st comic-con(her early high school graduation gift, she graduates this year in june). amazingly i got me and my wife, keifer sutherland's autograph(Fox), for my daughter i got her a ticket for the bones(Fox) autograph signing, and a bracelet for my daughter for vampire diaries(WB).

For Kiefer's autograph on Thursday, we got super lucky, got in line at 5am, in which my 11 year old son drew the last ticket for autographs.

Thursday and Friday night my daughter wanted to do all nighters, so it wasn't hard being in front of the line for the autograph drawings.

From my experience the Fox drawing is just random, you just hope you pick the winning ticket(so nerve racking, i just got lucky) especially since the person in front of me who was 1st to draw for the bones signing didnt win. everybody in line were trying to get tickets for teen wolf, that i itself was a crazy experience.

As for the WB drawing, people in line said WB likes to put all the winning tickets on top, so i just picked a ticket from the top and got a winner(or i just got lucky). So when the guy was going to put the wrist band on me, i told the guy in charge it was for my daughter, and he said where is she, and i told him she was in line for the panel. So he told the guy to put it on the loosest settings, which luckily will a little soap and water in the bathroom i was able to get it off.

Also the WB drawing wasn't handed out till 8am or 9am, whatever time all the other signing were, not any earlier.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »
I think you are honestly mistaken. The WB drawings start as soon as they let people into the Sails Pavilion. Anyone else experienced in WB drawings want to weigh in? They are always first and are given priority. All the other drawings start later. Fox starts at 8. They don't all start at the same time, there is a logistical reason for it. They want to keep people held in the lines to avoid a free-for-all.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »
Is there just one line for everything? In other words, does someone like WB just do one long line for the drawings, or are there separate ones for each show/movie doing autographs within WB?
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »
One line per studio. WB will be one line - Fox will another line in a separate area.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
I think you are honestly mistaken. The WB drawings start as soon as they let people into the Sails Pavilion. Anyone else experienced in WB drawings want to weigh in? They are always first and are given priority. All the other drawings start later. Fox starts at 8. They don't all start at the same time, there is a logistical reason for it. They want to keep people held in the lines to avoid a free-for-all.
if anybody else could chime in as well that would be appreciated.

once they let us into the sails pavillion at 6am, we still had to wait till 8am at least on Saturday that was the case since i was right in the front of the line.

Friday we weren't that far from the front, and it seemed to be the same, let us in around 6am, and no drawings till 8am.

Is there just one line for everything? In other words, does someone like WB just do one long line for the drawings, or are there separate ones for each show/movie doing autographs within WB?

also the  WB just did one line for all their drawings, so when you get to the front of the line, you have to tell them which drawing you want to draw from.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
Gotcha - thank you! No wonder the line is so long...

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 12:56:28 PM »
Last year, their was some controversy with vendors letting people in through a side entrance and those people getting into the wb line before the 'public'.
So some of the popular shows were already shorted by the time the rest of us got to the front of the line.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 01:12:04 PM »
Last year, their was some controversy with vendors letting people in through a side entrance and those people getting into the wb line before the 'public'.
So some of the popular shows were already shorted by the time the rest of us got to the front of the line.

Well, that doesn't seem right. Was it a two line things that people were unaware of, or was it something else?

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »

I would not doubt it.

Regarding the start times it all depended on when the studio staff showed up and were ready. The staff in Sails had no info on precise timing but they indicated that they were waiting on them to show up. WB was very much ready to go earlier than Fox. Nothing bad on Fox but it is up to them when they want to start. The staff at the tables btw were really nice and patient.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »
When we did the Weird Al panel drawing last year (that one was run by CCI) it was the last one on the schedule. It was supposed to be at 9 am, but ended up being closer to 10 am, because they had to wait for all of the other drawings to finish and let out, before getting started.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »

I saw something about this last year where people were tweeting that they found a secret entrance in the back of the convention and they were getting inside the sails pavilion earlier. I think this was to line up for hasbro and the WB line.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
Hasbro and wb are the high dollar items.  So that would be were the nefarious activities would arise.
No disrespect to fox.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
I saw something about this last year where people were tweeting that they found a secret entrance in the back of the convention and they were getting inside the sails pavilion earlier. I think this was to line up for hasbro and the WB line.

We did the Hasbro line Thursday morning lining up at about 3AM and they were apparently letting folks in via the harbor side which caused much chaos.   People were line jumping, etc.   Terrible, especially when they kept such close tabs on the line on the front side making sure there were no line jumpers.   We got to within 20 people of the front and they ran out of Hasbro tickets, so we were pretty mad since if there hadn't been as many line cutters, we probably would have gotten tickets.   

I have pretty much sworn off camping after that experience.