Author Topic: John Barrowman - Anything Goes Thurs 11am  (Read 6500 times)

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
Re: John Barrowman - Anything Goes Thurs 11am
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The panel's Thursday morning.  Seems like a lot of people hit the exhibit floor Thursday morning. And it's opposite the Fox movie panel in Hall H. Last year when Barrowman was on Sunday and in either 6a or 6bcf, which are smaller than Indigo, I lined up an hour before and still got in. So there's no need to camp overnight or even line up super early. A couple years ago, my friend really wanted to see Betty White in Indigo on Thursday, got there at 6am, and was in the third row. And that panel also had William Shatner, Roseanne Barr, and later in the day there was a panel with George RR Martin.

thank you it helps a lot,

Offline rk23

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:39 AM »
Ty, is there a specific indicator, the line is out to xxx, our will ppl be blunt like don't boher?

When people say don't bother, they're often wrong.  Lines look huge, but the room capacity is also huge.  Once, as I walked into a room, I read a tweet saying there was no hope of getting into that room because of squatters for a panel later in the day.  People see a long line, despair, and leave, but there's often more turnover than you expect between panels, and first thing in the morning, that room's going to absorb a lot of people. 

That said, Indigo tends to load really slowly (there's an escalator between the line and the room, and the setup in general seems less conducive to efficiently moving people -- I've seen panels begin while they're loading people in little stops and starts, and there's still a ton of space available in back), and it's a tedious line to wait in (all that back and forth while not making visible progress, no shade, and they rarely let you sit down; at least it's a nice view).  If the room is already full and there's a popular panel later and the line is so long it's going past the Next Day Line, it may not be worth it. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 11:11:21 AM »

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
When people say don't bother, they're often wrong.  Lines look huge, but the room capacity is also huge.  Once, as I walked into a room, I read a tweet saying there was no hope of getting into that room because of squatters for a panel later in the day.  People see a long line, despair, and leave, but there's often more turnover than you expect between panels, and first thing in the morning, that room's going to absorb a lot of people. 

That said, Indigo tends to load really slowly (there's an escalator between the line and the room, and the setup in general seems less conducive to efficiently moving people -- I've seen panels begin while they're loading people in little stops and starts, and there's still a ton of space available in back), and it's a tedious line to wait in (all that back and forth while not making visible progress, no shade, and they rarely let you sit down; at least it's a nice view).  If the room is already full and there's a popular panel later and the line is so long it's going past the Next Day Line, it may not be worth it.
excellent,  info,  really appreciate your time to respond

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 11:30:09 AM »
I was really surprise that just 5 minutes before the panel started I was abble to walk in, no line needed and IIRC not even scanned my badge! I loved his panel.
I was alone, so I found a spot on the third quarter of the back of the room.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 11:55:42 AM »
Glad to hear that everyone made it in. I'm actually a little surprised that it was a walk-in, since it still ended up as the #13 most popular and there was nothing really big elsewhere at the same time to draw people away. I guess people really were more focused on the Exhibit Hall.

I didn't end up going over for the panel before, since I was coming from the other side of the convention center and it was getting pretty close to 10. Instead I headed to 6A for Teen Titans Go and Unikitty, which were both awesome! :)
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15