Author Topic: WonderCon 2012 Anaheim March 16-18 Regestration Open  (Read 9784 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
WonderCon 2012 Anaheim March 16-18 Regestration Open
« on: December 03, 2011, 08:10:43 AM »
Comic-Con International
WonderCon 2012 Online Registration Now Open

You'll want to be a part of WonderCon's first-ever convention in Anaheim at the beautiful Anaheim Convention Center, located right next to the Disney Theme Parks. Advance registration is now open online and best of all, you can save money by purchasing your badges now!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
WonderCon 2012 :: Registration
comic-con.org
Registration information for WonderCon 2012. March 16-18, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:01:04 AM by Zero »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: WonderCon Anaheim March 16-18 Regestration Open
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
Already got my badge!

I live down the street so if anyone needs some quick ideas on what to do or where to eat in the area, give me a holler!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: WonderCon 2012 Anaheim March 16-18 Regestration Open
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:00:17 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Can you please provide a couple of suggestions of places to park that are close and cheap as well as places to eat that are close and cheap?  There’s a theme here.  :)  I am completely unfamiliar with the Anaheim area and any help you can provide is appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »
Depends on what you consider cheap - there are fast food places everywhere along Harbor Blvd and Katella Ave which are the main streets near the convention center. I have a couple of restaurants about 2-3 miles away from the convention center that I love going to w/ prices no more than $15 (Thai food and Greek food). I'd avoid most of the Downtown Disney places as they can get pricy and will be super busy.  The freeways are close by and there are a ton of different options if you want to get a few miles out.

There is the Anaheim Resort transit (as well as busses) running very frequently which drop you off in the middle of all of this at Disney and then it's a short walk over to the convention center.  Depending on where you stay, you may be able to leave your car at your hotel and hop onto the public transportation.  I live down the street (near Angel Stadium) so depending on what your plan is, I may be able to have you park here at the structure and provide you w/ a validated ticket to get out.  There's a shuttle pick up and drop off next to my place.  If I recall correctly, there aren't really any "cheap" parking structures in the area as the lots either belong to a hotel or a restaurant so the only public structure would be the Disney ones.

BTW, here is the link for public transportation:

...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:13 PM »
I've signed up to volunteer for this, and got an invite to a volunteer breakfast in Anaheim on Feb 25th. Alas, I have another commitment that day at a church in Fullerton so can't be there, but a few years ago Comic-Con did one of these, and it was a great time.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:22 PM »
CCI posted a day or two ago that Volunteer registration is closed.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Musica1

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:29 AM »
I signed up to volunteer at Wondercon and haven't gotten an email from them.  Do you think it's a similar deal to Comic-con where you can't volunteer if you bought a badge? If so, this really sucks.  I love volunteering just to help out and not to get a free badge.

Offline Musica1

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »
I went and Read the letter I printed out when I volunteered for Wonder con, and it says that I'm guaranteed a volunteer spot for any days I want to volunteer.  So I don't know why I didn't get the email about the breakfast.