Author Topic: How far are you coming from?  (Read 165888 times)

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
Re: How far are you coming from?
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2017, 05:14:10 PM »
Las Vegas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline Sokpan

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2017, 03:56:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where is your roadtrip taking you in the US this year around SDCC?

Starting in Las Vegas, then Salt Lake City, Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix and then San Diego.  Will spend most of the trip sightseeing in Utah and Rockies.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #752 on: Today at 08:33:33 PM »

Offline cire_raeb

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »
Mars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
Mine needs to be updated, because the last time I posted in here I was still up at university in Santa Barbara/Goleta, CA. Personally, Carlsbad, CA; so North County San Diego and it's a really quick trip for me.

My roommates/close friends: one from Davis, CA; one from L.A., CA; and one from Irvine, CA. So we're all at least in-state. The one from Davis generally flies into LAX and has the L.A. resident pick her up from the airport, AND they pick up the girl from Irvine on the way to me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:49:36 PM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1881
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »
It's times like this I envy the west coasters...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
From  Mexicali in Mexico, just across the border from Calexico CA.

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Offline sameer

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #756 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:17 AM »
This will be our first time attending comic-con (wife and I) - I think this is also my first post.

Coming from Toronto, but we will be doing D23 in Anaheim the week before.  Luckily we have sorcerer's tickets for D23, so almost no lines for anything there.

So far have 5 day tickets for SDCC, along with tickets for hopcon and h00tstock.  Wasn't able to get the Funko Funday tickets (my online ticket-fu finally failed).

I will say I've been lurking on this board for a while now during the planning stages for this trip, and it has been a great resource. 

I personally can't wait for the insanity to start (the wife is a little scared).

Looking for info on line groups, but I guess those don't really form up until the schedule is out.  We have our helinox chairs and are ready to go.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #757 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:04 PM »
This will be our first time attending comic-con (wife and I) - I think this is also my first post.

Coming from Toronto, but we will be doing D23 in Anaheim the week before.  Luckily we have sorcerer's tickets for D23, so almost no lines for anything there.

So far have 5 day tickets for SDCC, along with tickets for hopcon and h00tstock.  Wasn't able to get the Funko Funday tickets (my online ticket-fu finally failed).

I will say I've been lurking on this board for a while now during the planning stages for this trip, and it has been a great resource. 

I personally can't wait for the insanity to start (the wife is a little scared).

Looking for info on line groups, but I guess those don't really form up until the schedule is out.  We have our helinox chairs and are ready to go.

Oh yeah, sounds like you've had some amazing luck on tickets this year! Also looks like you are reallly prepping for the insanity too. It will serve you well! I also recommend a nice wide-brimmed hat to help you out and PLENTY of sunscreen.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline appaloosafire

• Freebie Table
  • A man of no consequence.
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #758 on: June 05, 2017, 06:38:19 AM »
Manhattan, KS!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #759 on: June 05, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
Manhattan, KS!

I'm sure it's true in lots of places, but I love how many cities in that part of the US share names with other places. We have relatives in Columbia, MO and in our first trip there we flew into Kansas City and during our stay we drove through Paris by way of Mexico to get to Florida. Not to mention a side trip to Lebanon where we saw a sign for, but did not visit, Montreal.

Offline appaloosafire

• Freebie Table
  • A man of no consequence.
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #760 on: June 05, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
I'm sure it's true in lots of places, but I love how many cities in that part of the US share names with other places. We have relatives in Columbia, MO and in our first trip there we flew into Kansas City and during our stay we drove through Paris by way of Mexico to get to Florida. Not to mention a side trip to Lebanon where we saw a sign for, but did not visit, Montreal.

I know!! There's a lot of shared-name places, especially around here it seems. Manhattan, Kansas is also referred to as the "Little Apple", a fun tidbit on it  ;D I always have to make sure I clarify when people ask where I'm from, because they automatically think I mean New York.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #761 on: June 05, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »
Carlsbad, CA; so North County San Diego and it's a really quick trip for me.

Howdy neighbor!! I'm here too!! Well, right where Vista, O'side and Carlsbad meet. You are staying downtown? We are commuting.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #762 on: June 05, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
flying down from SF,  my brother is flying out from Central NY for our first and only SDCC.  So far great Comic Con love - both got 4 days badges - thanks to FoCC buying group.  And a room at the MGH, 2 beds.  We are poised to maximize our SDCC experience. 

Offline Seanthemad

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #763 on: June 05, 2017, 06:23:34 PM »
Melbourne Australia just a short 18hr ish flight.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #764 on: June 05, 2017, 07:28:57 PM »
Howdy neighbor!! I'm here too!! Well, right where Vista, O'side and Carlsbad meet. You are staying downtown? We are commuting.

Oh! Hello neighbor (probably Tri-City areaish then)!! I'm in South Carlsbad, almost La Costa (like South Ponto a few blocks away.) We're staying at the Bayfront, we had a back-up Gaslamp Hotel res. too. We always camp out at least one night (in recent years we've agreed to only do one night, unless something amazing is happening.) So we need to be at least in the area (even MV,) so we can stay overnight easily.

I've commuted before though, with my brother and Dad, but that was about 15-16 years ago ^^;
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.