Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 197046 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #855 on: March 22, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »
Welcome Emma and Jessica! Based on your interests, it sound like both of you will have a fabulous time at Comic Con! I hope you enjoy your trips to the West Coast and any sightseeing you do out here.

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #856 on: March 22, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »
Thank you for the suggestions!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #857 on: Today at 08:30:13 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #857 on: March 22, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you for the suggestions!

You're welcome.  Glad that I could help!  There are plenty of things to do in San Diego during the week of Comic-Con (and it doesn't have to be related to Comic-Con either, ha ha). 

You can also check out this thread for off-site events that are put on by various organizers in the spirit of Comic-Con:

There will be more information about different types of events as it gets closer to July.  ^__^d

If you want to meet up with some of your fellow forum members, here's a good place to start as well:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyxkat

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #858 on: March 26, 2015, 12:40:41 AM »
hello, there!  my name is Alex, and i'll be coming from Honolulu, HI with my boyfriend Mike!  this was our first time trying for tickets, so we're still pretty shocked to be going.  the only other convention we've been to was Flanvention in 2006 (Firefly/Serenity convention), which is where Mike and I met.

We like reading (mostly fantasy - Jim Butcher, Larry Correia, Kevin Hearne), movies, and tv.  So much tv!!  Maybe too much tv?  We're super excited for this trip!  I just have to reign in my impulse-buying so i don't go broke!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #859 on: March 26, 2015, 12:56:02 AM »
hello, there!  my name is Alex, and i'll be coming from Honolulu, HI with my boyfriend Mike!  this was our first time trying for tickets, so we're still pretty shocked to be going.  the only other convention we've been to was Flanvention in 2006 (Firefly/Serenity convention), which is where Mike and I met.

We like reading (mostly fantasy - Jim Butcher, Larry Correia, Kevin Hearne), movies, and tv.  So much tv!!  Maybe too much tv?  We're super excited for this trip!  I just have to reign in my impulse-buying so i don't go broke!

Hello there, Alex!  Welcome to the forums!  Glad that you're here to join us in our community.  ^__^/

Ha ha, sometimes, I feel the same way when I'm walking around the Exhibit Hall.  Too many cute or cool things to see or buy!  What sort of items do you like to collect?  (Or, rather, is there a particular "theme" to the type of items most commonly purchased during these impulse-buying sessions?  Ha ha.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #860 on: March 26, 2015, 06:44:35 AM »
Alex, it sounds like you and your boyfriend are going to have a great time at Zcomic Con! We have other members coming from Hawaii, do you won't be alone in that either. Make sure that you look around this site so you have an idea of what to expect when you arrive.

Great to see you here!

Offline alyxkat

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #861 on: March 26, 2015, 09:02:47 AM »
Hello there, Alex!  Welcome to the forums!  Glad that you're here to join us in our community.  ^__^/

Ha ha, sometimes, I feel the same way when I'm walking around the Exhibit Hall.  Too many cute or cool things to see or buy!  What sort of items do you like to collect?  (Or, rather, is there a particular "theme" to the type of items most commonly purchased during these impulse-buying sessions?  Ha ha.)

Thanks, Zero!  Not really sure what there is to buy at the con...i'm hoping to end up with some good shirts, plushies, maybe something from Artist Alley, and something from the Funko booth!

Alex, it sounds like you and your boyfriend are going to have a great time at Zcomic Con! We have other members coming from Hawaii, do you won't be alone in that either. Make sure that you look around this site so you have an idea of what to expect when you arrive.

Great to see you here!

Thanks!   :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #862 on: March 26, 2015, 10:47:50 AM »
Thanks, Zero!  Not really sure what there is to buy at the con...i'm hoping to end up with some good shirts, plushies, maybe something from Artist Alley, and something from the Funko booth!

You're welcome!  Ha ha, that sounds good to me.  ^__^d

You mentioned that you like to watch TV.  What are some of your favorite shows?

Offline alyxkat

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #863 on: March 26, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »
You mentioned that you like to watch TV.  What are some of your favorite shows?

The ones still airing?  Once Upon a Time, Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Grimm, Castle, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory.

How 'bout you?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #864 on: March 26, 2015, 08:00:07 PM »
The ones still airing?  Once Upon a Time, Flash, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Grimm, Castle, Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory.

How 'bout you?

Ha ha, I'm actually really behind on my TV shows.  It's embarrassing because there are a lot of shows I haven't even started on, hahahahaha.  >__<  Right now, I'm only semi-following Arrow, Sleepy Hollow (well, the season's over for now), and Once Upon a Time.

Offline luxshine

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #865 on: April 03, 2015, 10:37:26 PM »
Hi, My name is Adalisa, and I've been going to San Diego on and off since 2004. I'm a comic artist/writer/translator from Mexico who sometimes suffers from terminal net shyness. 

I love all kind of comics, but I rarely go to panels. I'm seeing if this year I manage to break the tradition and actually go to more than one panel.

Offline chicklit

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #866 on: April 06, 2015, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi! I'm Shellie and I'm from Austin. My first Comic Con was in 2010. This summer will be my fourth. I wish I'd known about this forum a few years ago, but I was just alerted to it during the hotel craziness.

I'm a writer and a book nerd, so you can usually find me in the spotlight panels with comic book writers or in the publishing preview panels. It's been a few years since I've braved the Hall H or Ballroom 20 line, but I will for Doctor Who or a Firefly reunion. Current comic obsessions include: Captain Marvel, b***h Planet, Sex Crims, Ms. Marvel, and The Wicked and the Divine. I'm also a big fan of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Flash, and pretty much anything Joss Whedon lays his hands upon.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and trading SDCC tips!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #867 on: April 06, 2015, 08:47:28 AM »
Hi, My name is Adalisa, and I've been going to San Diego on and off since 2004. I'm a comic artist/writer/translator from Mexico who sometimes suffers from terminal net shyness. 

I love all kind of comics, but I rarely go to panels. I'm seeing if this year I manage to break the tradition and actually go to more than one panel.

Welcome Luxshine!  No need to be shy here, you are among friends!  I am the same with panels, I always have a long list of all the panels I want to go to, and usually only end up going to a couple. :)

Hi! I'm Shellie and I'm from Austin. My first Comic Con was in 2010. This summer will be my fourth. I wish I'd known about this forum a few years ago, but I was just alerted to it during the hotel craziness.

I'm a writer and a book nerd, so you can usually find me in the spotlight panels with comic book writers or in the publishing preview panels. It's been a few years since I've braved the Hall H or Ballroom 20 line, but I will for Doctor Who or a Firefly reunion. Current comic obsessions include: Captain Marvel, b***h Planet, Sex Crims, Ms. Marvel, and The Wicked and the Divine. I'm also a big fan of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Flash, and pretty much anything Joss Whedon lays his hands upon.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and trading SDCC tips!

Welcome Chicklit, glad you found us!  Did you go to the Firefly reunion in 2012??  It was amazing!

Offline chicklit

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #868 on: April 06, 2015, 09:51:31 AM »

Welcome Chicklit, glad you found us!  Did you go to the Firefly reunion in 2012??  It was amazing!

I did! I still get teary thinking about it.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #869 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »
Great to see you here, Luxshine and Chicklit! I'd love to hear your perspectives on how you think the con has changed over the past decade or so. Not just the obvious stuff (lines, demand) but also content and programming.