Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196801 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #945 on: November 05, 2015, 08:03:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi, I'm the new guy!

I'm Darren,

30 M from Ireland. I'm visiting America July 2016 for 3 and a half weeks the main reason being to see a friend who now lives in America (In Atlanta) but I'm taking in a few states while over so as part of the trip I've booked flights to / b&b accommodation in San Diego from the 18th July to the 25th so hoping I can get lucky and get a Comic Con Ticket as its pretty much a once in a life time trip.

I'm particularly interested in talking to any one who would be interested in joining up together in the open registration to improve our chances of getting tickets.

I'm happy to talk to people around the fourms / facebook / skype etc... to prove I'm real and genuine so see you all around the forum :)

Welcome to the forums, Darren!  Glad that you could join us in our community.  We're here all year round.  ^__^/ 

Coming from Ireland!  That's awesome.  I'd love to visit someday (when I have more money saved up, ha ha).

As Transmute mentioned earlier, some of our wonderful forum members will form some general (or, "open") registration buying groups sometime early next year.  A new thread dedicated to the general registration buying groups will be created around that time, so keep an eye out for it.  The thread will be the go-to place to get information about the buying groups and which ones are accepting new members for general registration. 

Alyssa also mentioned a Google Hangout with ukdeejay.  Here's a link to the thread here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is ukdeejay's facebook group for SDCC attendees from the UK: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You might be interested in connecting with some people from that group as well.

^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline B.T. Handles

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #946 on: November 15, 2015, 01:58:01 PM »
Greetings,

Brandon here from DC. I have been attending SDCC consecutively since 2009.  In that time, my first few years attending was as an attendee; however, since 2012, I have been going as press, representing Reel Film News: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This year, I have a group of family/friends planning to go so I will be leading their purchase group for open registration.  Be sure to PM me if you are interested in joining our group...Otherwise, I'll be around!  :D

Best,

Brandon

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #947 on: Today at 08:44:44 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #947 on: November 15, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
Greetings,

Brandon here from DC. I have been attending SDCC consecutively since 2009.  In that time, my first few years attending was as an attendee; however, since 2012, I have been going as press, representing Reel Film News. 

This year, I have a group of family/friends planning to go so I will be leading their purchase group for open registration.  Be sure to PM me if you are interested in joining our group...Otherwise, I'll be around!  :D

Best,

Brandon

Welcome to the forums, Brandon!  Glad that you could join us.  Thank you for volunteering to be a group leader for a general registration buying group!

Hope to see you around in the various threads we have here.  ^__~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #948 on: November 15, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
Great to see you here, Brandon! Now that pre-registration is over, we;re all shifting our focus to open registration, and I know your group will be appreciated!

Offline bexbaby

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #949 on: November 20, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
Hi!  :D

New here and I'm a newb at Cons too.  I've only been to one and never been to SDCC...yet.  I'll be going to SDCC 2016.  I'm really excited to experience it next year.

I'm interested in cosplaying (my desire for 100% accuracy is my own worst enemy though) and I love gaming (mainly xbone).

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #950 on: November 20, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »
Welcome to the Funny Farm!  :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #951 on: November 23, 2015, 12:09:26 AM »
Hi!  :D

New here and I'm a newb at Cons too.  I've only been to one and never been to SDCC...yet.  I'll be going to SDCC 2016.  I'm really excited to experience it next year.

I'm interested in cosplaying (my desire for 100% accuracy is my own worst enemy though) and I love gaming (mainly xbone).

Welcome to the forums, bexbaby!  ^__^/  Glad that you can join us in our online community!  I'm sure you'll enjoy Comic-Con.

I love video games as well!  What are some of your favorite titles?

Offline brittanyrhunt

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #952 on: November 23, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »
Hi all --

My name is Brittany and I'm here in the hopes that I'll be able to take my son to Comic Con in 2016. I had hoped to surprise him with tickets for his 10th birthday this year, but trying to get tickets on my own didn't work out for me. So I'm looking to join a buying group this year to increase our odds of success (and solidify my spot as the coolest mom in his class).

Fingers crossed, and nice to meet everyone!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #953 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
Welcome, Brittany!

How old is your son? If he was 12 or under on August 1, 2015, then he qualifies as a child for SDCC 2016 and you do not need a badge for him. However, you would need a badge for yourself, so you can accompany him.

We will be opening up buying groups for open registration sometime next week. Keep an eye out for the announcement, and good luck in the sale!

Offline brittanyrhunt

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #954 on: November 23, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »
Thanks! He will be 11 in January so he definitely qualifies as a child. Which I hope will make it easier for us to get there with the help of a group. I've already set a reminder to check back. Fingers crossed, and thanks again for the welcome!

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #955 on: November 23, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
Hilo and welcome Brittany  :)
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #956 on: November 23, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
Hi all --

My name is Brittany and I'm here in the hopes that I'll be able to take my son to Comic Con in 2016. I had hoped to surprise him with tickets for his 10th birthday this year, but trying to get tickets on my own didn't work out for me. So I'm looking to join a buying group this year to increase our odds of success (and solidify my spot as the coolest mom in his class).

Fingers crossed, and nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to the forums, brittany!  Glad you can join us, as this is certainly the right place to get information about badges for Comic-Con (and join a buying group to better your odds at purchasing a badge during general registration).

^__^/

Offline bexbaby

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #957 on: November 29, 2015, 07:34:28 PM »
Welcome to the forums, bexbaby!  ^__^/  Glad that you can join us in our online community!  I'm sure you'll enjoy Comic-Con.

I love video games as well!  What are some of your favorite titles?

Well, lately, I've been playing mainly GTA V, Star Wars Battlefront, and AC Syndicate. I'm in love with all the Lego games. My favorite all-time console game though is Red Dead Redemption. Still have my fingers and toes crossed for its Xbox backwards compatibility *sigh*   :-\

What about you?

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #958 on: November 30, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »
Well, lately, I've been playing mainly GTA V, Star Wars Battlefront, and AC Syndicate. I'm in love with all the Lego games. My favorite all-time console game though is Red Dead Redemption. Still have my fingers and toes crossed for its Xbox backwards compatibility *sigh*   :-

What about you?
Thumbs up on the RDR!   My fave too

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #959 on: December 01, 2015, 02:09:20 AM »
Well, lately, I've been playing mainly GTA V, Star Wars Battlefront, and AC Syndicate. I'm in love with all the Lego games. My favorite all-time console game though is Red Dead Redemption. Still have my fingers and toes crossed for its Xbox backwards compatibility *sigh*   :-\

What about you?

Hm... Right now, I'm alternating between several games because I'm super behind on my to-do gaming list.  Currently playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, Arkham Knight, Bayonetta, Pokemon X (yeah, I still haven't had the chance to finish it, ha ha), while also re-playing Pokemon Yellow and Golden Sun: Lost Age.

I know what you mean by hoping for backwards compatibility... I wish all of the newer consoles were like that.  *sighs*