Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196886 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1170 on: November 12, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh my lol  well I am very old school with my RPG’s so since they never make new ones worth anything, I go back and play my old Baulder’s Gate II and maybe Neverwinter Nights sometimes..  I do still like some old Diablo so will fire that up as well...   I love Kingdom Hearts but I do NOT like MMORPG’s and I rarely will play anything online lol  told ya, I am very old school & picky in my games but I also do love me Final Fantasy but XIII was my line in the sand... I like it well enough after it opens up ...  I think Dragon Age was the better most recent RPG I played and replay that one too lol

You opened that can   the Atlantis book was good but you can tell the difference in her writing now as opposed to the earlier chronicles...

If it was up to them they would try to attend everything; however, I have to be the mean person and say due to the expense of SDCC they have to choose so they pick SDCC  lol

True story.  The newer RPGs are so-so these days.  The Kingdom Hearts Union Cross game is a mobile game, and since it's always on my phone and available to me, I tend to go into it a lot when I have a bit of free time during the day.  >__<  It's a terrible addiction--so much so that I haven't had time to finish up the other games I have on my gaming list.  Are you a fan of Zelda?  Castlevania?  Metroid?

I think there are too many Final Fantasy games.  Ever heard of that meme that says, "Final Fantasy: misleading title."  Hahahahahaha.  Love that.  Or, ever see the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login?  That one's priceless.

Hahahahaha, someone has to put his or her foot down!  Indeed.

[member=3]Chris[/member]: Bat signal for you because we've mentioned Final Fantasy.  Ha ha. ;p
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #1171 on: November 12, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
Oh I can NEVER have too many Final Fantasies.. I just wish they would go back to them at their best: turn based and incredible stories....    OHH Lost Odyssey was fantastic!!

Old Zelda yes but not the others you mentioned lol  my husband NEVER will buy a game for me because of my pickiness unless I specifically ask for it lol  my guilty pleasure is the Assassin’s Creed series and I play those (just got the new one lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1172 on: Today at 05:27:32 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1172 on: November 12, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
Oh I can NEVER have too many Final Fantasies.. I just wish they would go back to them at their best: turn based and incredible stories....    OHH Lost Odyssey was fantastic!!

Old Zelda yes but not the others you mentioned lol  my husband NEVER will buy a game for me because of my pickiness unless I specifically ask for it lol  my guilty pleasure is the Assassin’s Creed series and I play those (just got the new one lol)

Bwuhahahahahaha, I liked the turn-based RPG style as well.  Still waiting for the FFVII remake... Come on, Square Enix. 

Oh, the Assassin's Creed series is good.  Did you ever play the Prince of Persia games?  They have a similar game play style to Assassin's Creed, and they're seen as the "predecessor" to the Assassin's Creed games.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #1173 on: November 12, 2017, 03:47:01 PM »
Heard of it but never did :) may have to check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lady Inali

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1174 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
Hello I am a nerd and con attendee. My name is Morgan however you can call me Inali or Malk

I enjoy comic books, video games, nerdy TV shows, and much more. I normally go to DCC however I want to go to some of the bigger cons.

A little of other things.  I have a cat named Eddie spaghetti to dogs Joan and Parker and a parrot named Jack. When I'm not at work I'm creating costumes or trying to catch up on sleep
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:43:49 AM by Lady Inali »

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #1175 on: November 15, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
Welcome [member=7731]Lady Inali[/member] !  Happy to have a fellow DCC attendee on here.

Love, Love, Love that you named your cat Eddie spaghetti
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1176 on: November 22, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »
Hello I am a nerd and con attendee. My name is Morgan however you can call me Inali or Malk

I enjoy comic books, video games, nerdy TV shows, and much more. I normally go to DCC however I want to go to some of the bigger cons.

A little of other things.  I have a cat named Eddie spaghetti to dogs Joan and Parker and a parrot named Jack. When I'm not at work I'm creating costumes or trying to catch up on sleep

Welcome to the forums, [member=7731]Lady Inali[/member]!  Glad that you could join us!

What are some of your favorite comics, video games, or TV shows?

Ha ha, that's awesome that you have so many pets!  I'm sure you get this all the time: Does the parrot talk?  Ha ha.

Offline ET

• Sails Pavilion
    • Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #1177 on: April 18, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »
Took a while to find this thread, so hopefully it's still "the thread" for it. I've been doing SDCC for several years now, but mostly relying on my own knowledge and sometimes the Unofficial SDCC Blog news feed. Decided to join mostly for the hotel exchange on behalf of a disabled friend, but also because I haven't been part of a forum community in like 10 years, and I miss the camaraderie. Hoping I'll make some friends here too!

Oh, and I almost posted without intro. (Bops head.) Name's Jackie, I'm in my 30's. I'm a pretty typical millennial nerd dabbling in a little bit of almost everything: what I'm most into changes with the seasons or something. Regarding comics specifically I don't do Marvel vs DC--both are good and bad at different times in different places/ways. I don't read a lot of it in terms of quantity, but when I find a manga I like I really love manga too.

I think that's it? Hi!
Getting too old for Hotelpocalypse... -_-

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1178 on: April 18, 2018, 10:24:11 AM »
Took a while to find this thread, so hopefully it's still "the thread" for it. I've been doing SDCC for several years now, but mostly relying on my own knowledge and sometimes the Unofficial SDCC Blog news feed. Decided to join mostly for the hotel exchange on behalf of a disabled friend, but also because I haven't been part of a forum community in like 10 years, and I miss the camaraderie. Hoping I'll make some friends here too!

Oh, and I almost posted without intro. (Bops head.) Name's Jackie, I'm in my 30's. I'm a pretty typical millennial nerd dabbling in a little bit of almost everything: what I'm most into changes with the seasons or something. Regarding comics specifically I don't do Marvel vs DC--both are good and bad at different times in different places/ways. I don't read a lot of it in terms of quantity, but when I find a manga I like I really love manga too.

I think that's it? Hi!

Welcome to the forums, [member=8011]ET[/member]!  (Hm... a fan of ET, or does that stand for something?  Ha ha.)  Glad that you could join us officially, ha ha!

Yes, you have found the right place for introducing yourself, finding some friends along the way, and connecting with people at the convention itself.  You might even find a life-long friend or more!

What are some things you look forward to when you go to Comic-Con?

Offline ET

• Sails Pavilion
    • Blog
« Reply #1179 on: April 18, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
"ET" is short for my tumblr handle, which I'm tired of now but kind of like the simplicity of just "ET."  :P

In the past I've been more of a panel person. I like to try and get into Hall H on Saturday for the big presentations, but last year was such a disaster with the line cutting and moving the line around for the Vikings thing etc., I'm not sure I'll try again unless they roll out some system changes that utilize the RFID in the badges or SOMETHING to get things under control. Waiting to see if they change anything!

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #1180 on: April 18, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
Hi all, I'm Gerry from the Philadelphia area and have attended SDCC since 2014 with only one year off due to a work conference. I've frequented another board/blog and generally winged it on my own until a friend recommended this forum uber alles - I can already see he's right !  Super eager to share valuable intel and celebrate our fandom later this Summer.  Thanks in advance for the warm welcome...

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #1181 on: April 18, 2018, 12:57:54 PM »
Hi all, I'm Gerry from the Philadelphia area and have attended SDCC since 2014 with only one year off due to a work conference. I've frequented another board/blog and generally winged it on my own until a friend recommended this forum uber alles - I can already see he's right !  Super eager to share valuable intel and celebrate our fandom later this Summer.  Thanks in advance for the warm welcome...
Gerry is a work colleague and all-around great guy that loves this stuff so please welcome him aboard!  Great to see you here man!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1182 on: April 18, 2018, 10:01:10 PM »
"ET" is short for my tumblr handle, which I'm tired of now but kind of like the simplicity of just "ET."  :P

In the past I've been more of a panel person. I like to try and get into Hall H on Saturday for the big presentations, but last year was such a disaster with the line cutting and moving the line around for the Vikings thing etc., I'm not sure I'll try again unless they roll out some system changes that utilize the RFID in the badges or SOMETHING to get things under control. Waiting to see if they change anything!

Ohhhh, okay.  Gotcha.  Either way, it still brings back a little bit of movie nostalgia for me (which is cool).  ^__~

Other than Vikings, what other fandoms are you interested in, [member=8011]ET[/member]?

Hi there, [member=8101]D34dp00l[/member]!  Welcome to the forums.  It's great to have you join us.

Ah, we're all about sharing info and celebrating our fandom around these parts, so I think you'll fit right in!

Hmmmm... Let me take a stab at it and say you may be a fan of Deadpool, ha ha!  What are some of your other favorite characters or fandoms?

Gerry is a work colleague and all-around great guy that loves this stuff so please welcome him aboard!  Great to see you here man!

Oh, casually recruiting new forum members at work, I see... Very smooth, [member=2539]Michael M[/member].  Ha ha.  (I think [member=3]Chris[/member] would appreciate this as part of his forum lurker recruitment drive?  +__+)

Offline ET

• Sails Pavilion
    • Blog
« Reply #1183 on: April 19, 2018, 07:06:21 AM »
Yeah, someone else actually started calling me it and it reminded me of E.T. too, so no worries. I like it either way.

Sorry, I mentioned Vikings because last year they had a funeral procession or something that forced the latter half of the Hall H line to be relocated along the harbor towards the Sea Port village--it was a whole thing that added to the confusion of the Hall H line. I don't actually watch Vikings:-[

In general, I just like a good story and fun characters. If something has that, I'll probably be into it.

Fandoms I've been involved in the past are most prominently Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. The last two I've pretty much been burnt out by their later content, but I still enjoy the earlier stuff sometimes--especially PotC. I do like Star Wars, but I've never been into it enough to explore the EU--some fandoms I find too intense for me (Avatar's fandom is a big reason I got burnt out on it, there was a lot of anger and aggression among those fans). I also just dig a good, fun movie, so if it's well-made and fun ride, I'm probably there. 

I love The Legend of Zelda, the Uncharted franchise, and a lot of the Final Fantasy franchise--I like the strategy and careful storytelling of old school, but a bad experience with having to re-save like 5 times a really long game burnt me out on turn-based fighting if it involves any grinding. Final Fantasy XII has been a favorite of mine for ages, so it's been fun to watch people positively reevaluate it with the remaster. I've also played The Sims a good amount and like a good indie game: I really love Stardew Valley. Oh, and Pokémon, of course. Actually, I like a lot more other games, but those are favorites.

With anime/manga takes me a while to find something I like, especially because I have a very low tolerance for fan-service. But I do like Fullmetal Alchemist, One Punch Man, Slam Dunk, Space Brothers--but I'm especially fond of March Comes in Like a Lion right now. My brother's trying to get me into Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and I just finished the first arc, at which point it's supposed to "get good" so we'll see how it goes. I actually love animation as a craft in general, so I love it from everywhere--I love finding international animation. Maybe it's cause I lived to watch the birth of CG animation, but I have soft spot for solid pencil animation. I love Ghibli and also much of Pixar. I do watch a little bit of American animation on TV sometimes. I plan to watch Steven Universe, since I hear good things about it, but I'm waiting for it to wrap up and the fandom to move on since I've observed they can get intense--I'm just too old for that now I think ;D I watched Gravity Falls when it was on air, and sometimes I'll watch The Amazing World of Gumball--I like it's writing.

With books, I tend to really like classic lit, non-fiction, especially if it's historical in nature--stuff I guess other people find boring. But I do like an engaging fantasy or sci-fi too. My sister wants me to read the Stormlight Archive, so that's what I'm looking at with books right now. Eventually.

ETA: Oh I like Stranger Things also! And I watch the Voltron reboot--I'm not SUPER into it, but I enjoy it enough I make custom intros and outros for the fandom every season, and it's my fun sole contribution to the fandom.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:09:10 AM by ET »

Offline pyxidis

• Exhibit Hall
  • If anyone asks, say it fell from the sky.
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #1184 on: April 19, 2018, 07:42:07 AM »
Hello :)

My name is Cynthia. I've been attending SDCC since 2007,  WC since its move to Anaheim. I attended Latino Comics & Expo in Long Beach once too. I live in California, north of LA in the valley. I actually joined this forum back 2013 and then forgot my login information. Lol.

I have a lot of Fandoms across books and comics, film, and television: Harry Potter, LOTR, The Walking Dead, The Sandman, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, B5, SG1, Star Trek and Star Wars, X-Files, and so much more. These are just off the top of my head. I LOVE science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science nerd, too.

I appreciate this forum. So many of you ready to help with questions and advice.
"We know a little about a lot of things, just enough to make us dangerous."
SDCC 07-13, 15, 16, 18-21, 22 | SDCC SE 21 | WC 12-23 | LC&E 12