Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196749 times)

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #660 on: March 20, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
Welcome Camsha!! 
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #661 on: March 20, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi! I'm very new on the forum, I've been reading threads for some weeks now and I finally decided to sign up. I'm really sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm French and I'll probably make some! I'm one of the lucky ones who got badges for SDCC 2014, so I'll be travelling from Paris this summer with two friends to attend the con! We're all very excited and very nervous with all the preparation left to do ><
Don't hesitate to ask anything if you're curious :)

Welcome!   Check out this thread for lists of ways to prepare.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #662 on: Today at 04:22:40 AM »

Offline Camsha

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #662 on: March 20, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
Thanks Pyramid and Chris Chen ! And the list is very helpful, thks for the link

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #663 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
Hi! I'm very new on the forum, I've been reading threads for some weeks now and I finally decided to sign up. I'm really sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm French and I'll probably make some! I'm one of the lucky ones who got badges for SDCC 2014, so I'll be travelling from Paris this summer with two friends to attend the con! We're all very excited and very nervous with all the preparation left to do ><

From Paris, that's great!! So happy you got your badges and the excitement can begin! Welcome! You are going to have a great time at SDCC :)

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #664 on: March 20, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
Bienvenue, Camsha! J'espere que vous allez trouver beaucoup d'information ici!

Sorry if my French has grammar mistakes! It's been becaucoup des annees since I actually studied it. I mostly pull it out now for traveling. ;) 

Have you attended the Paris Comic Con? I will be interested to hear how you think San Diego stacks up in comparison!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #665 on: March 24, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Camsha! ^__^/  (No need to worry about spelling or grammar mistakes; your English seems very good!)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #666 on: March 24, 2014, 11:18:59 PM »
Hi, my name is Ursula from Oahu.  My family (husband, two children ages 9 & 11) will be attending the SDCC (thurs & sun) this year for the first time.  I'm extremely excited and stressed.  I'm slowly working my way through the forum and seeing so much helpful hints that will hopefully make things easier.  I'm sure it will be a great experience and hope my kids think so too.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #667 on: March 25, 2014, 08:02:52 AM »
Welcome koop1974!
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #668 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »
Great to see you here, Koop! We have someone else from Oahu (Angel_K) who is attending as well! I bring my entire family to Comic Con with me as well (my kids are 11 and 13 now). I know you will all have a great time!

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
« Reply #669 on: March 25, 2014, 07:59:51 PM »
Great to see you here, Koop! We have someone else from Oahu (Angel_K) who is attending as well! I bring my entire family to Comic Con with me as well (my kids are 11 and 13 now). I know you will all have a great time!

[/quote
Welcome koop1974!

Thank you both for the welcome and the info on Angel_K, I'll check the posts for addition tips  :D

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #670 on: March 25, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »
Hi, my name is Ursula from Oahu.  My family (husband, two children ages 9 & 11) will be attending the SDCC (thurs & sun) this year for the first time.  I'm extremely excited and stressed.  I'm slowly working my way through the forum and seeing so much helpful hints that will hopefully make things easier.  I'm sure it will be a great experience and hope my kids think so too.

Welcome to the forums, Ursula! ^__^/ That sounds like it'll be a great family vacation.  You might even be able to add in a day at Disneyland, San Diego Zoo, or SeaWorld in between for the kids.  I guarantee they'll love that, ha ha.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

angel_k

« Reply #671 on: March 27, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »

Hey! Yes I am the person on Oahu. Feel free to message me any time :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline koop1974

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
« Reply #672 on: March 31, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
Zero and angel_k -  Thank you both for the welcome.  Besides SDCC, the kids are looking forward to Legoland.  For myself, I really want to go to the San Diego Zoo.  I've never been to a "real" zoo before, if you've every been to ours here you'll know what I mean.

I am kicking myself in the butt that I didn't book our flights the day we got the badges.  The prices have gone up about almost $200 since and with the four of us going, I just cringe.  I just hope we have luck with the hotels so we'll just need to rent a car when we go to Legoland and not the whole trip.

If I can't make it to the meet ups, is the next best thing to buy a Friends of CCI lanyard and hopefully meet some of you?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #673 on: March 31, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
Zero and angel_k -  Thank you both for the welcome.  Besides SDCC, the kids are looking forward to Legoland.  For myself, I really want to go to the San Diego Zoo.  I've never been to a "real" zoo before, if you've every been to ours here you'll know what I mean.

I am kicking myself in the butt that I didn't book our flights the day we got the badges.  The prices have gone up about almost $200 since and with the four of us going, I just cringe.  I just hope we have luck with the hotels so we'll just need to rent a car when we go to Legoland and not the whole trip.

If I can't make it to the meet ups, is the next best thing to buy a Friends of CCI lanyard and hopefully meet some of you?

Oh, yeah!  Legoland.  That's a cool place for younger kids.  There are tons of things that will keep them busy over there.  *laughs*

As for the lanyards, sure!  There were some people last year that met up with each other (or at least said "Hi!") in line because of the lanyards.  Just don't forget to mention your forum username. *laughs*  ^__~

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #674 on: April 09, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
Thread bump for all the new members we got as part of the recruitment drive.  Please say hello if you would like.

Here are also a couple of other first time checking in threads that might interest you:

What was your forum username inspired by?

How far are you coming from?