Author Topic: BBC America's Orphan Black, Room 7AB, 7:00pm-8:00pm  (Read 5088 times)

Offline soncrazy808

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 6
BBC America's Orphan Black, Room 7AB, 7:00pm-8:00pm
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:53 PM »
"There's no better special effect on television right now than Tatiana Maslany playing a variety of clones," says Entertainment Weekly. The stars of BBC America's Orphan Black -- Critics' Choice Best Actress winner Tatiana Maslany, Jordan Gavaris, Dylan Bruce and co-creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett -- discuss the first season of the critically acclaimed clone thriller. Smart, sexy, and pulsating with suspense, the series begins with Sarah (Maslany), a punk outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman, "Beth," who looks just like her. Sarah takes Beth's identity, boyfriend, and money. But instead of solving her problems, the street-smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones...but are they the only ones? Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy, racing to find answers.
Friday July 19, 2013 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Room 7AB

So I read that the MySched has a lot of people signed up to see the Orphan Black panel, more than the rooms capacity... So for those planning on going, I was wondering when you think would be a good time to start lining up. I saw that they also have a panel going on earlier the same day at petco park but it's all sold out. Maybe the panels will be the same and will cut down the amount of people attending the panel in Room 7ab?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:15:03 PM by Khaaaaaaanh!!! »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
Re: Orphan Black Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 11:20:09 PM »
I wouldn't trust that.

On the one hand, not everyone who attends will mark that they're planning to but on the other hand, plenty of people who do NOT have badges like to say the panels they would attend if they could OR they'll book themselves into several panels at the same time so they know what their options look like.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: BBC America's Orphan Black, Room 7AB, 7:00pm-8:00pm
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:33:16 AM »

Offline soncrazy808

• Freebie Table
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:31:24 PM »
So technically it could go either way... Hm.. I really don't know what to do in this situation  :-\

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:48:08 PM »
I'd assume this panel is the Plan C for people who can't get into H or 20.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline LanieK

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:40:36 AM »
So I read that the MySched has a lot of people signed up to see the Orphan Black panel, more than the rooms capacity... So for those planning on going, I was wondering when you think would be a good time to start lining up. I saw that they also have a panel going on earlier the same day at petco park but it's all sold out. Maybe the panels will be the same and will cut down the amount of people attending the panel in Room 7ab?
I would like to go to this panel as well. I missed getting tickets yesterday for the Petco park panel because I was teaching a class when they went on sale and they were sold out by the time I was able to get online.
 I think this show is becoming extremely popular but I don't want to spend the whole day in the room just to see the panel(but it might be the only way to see it). I wish they would have stuck it in a bigger room, maybe that holds a couple of thousand people.
 I am definitely going to try for the autograph session, I would love to see the cast.
  I have found the MySched app is a good indicator on how big of a crowd to expect. Even with people chosing it if they are not going, there are people that do not use it at all.

Offline greenmustard

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 05:47:54 AM »
When I saw that this panel was put in 7AB, I got a little worried. I actually remember getting shut out of the Bryan Fuller panel last year in there, but in all honesty I can't remember how early I tried to go for that. That rooms holds less than 500, and I think the fanbase for this show is getting way bigger than that. The show seems be getting more and more coverage (awards buzz and Entertainment Weekly seems to adore it- it's one of their secondary covers this week and Tatiana is part of their other panel as well).

I got really sad seeing that this conflicts with the annual Joss Whedon panel, but alas this show has utterly captivated me.

I did get tickets to the Orphan Black and Joss Nerd HQ panels though, so that did relieve some of the stress. I think the panels will be a bit different. The official comic-con one has the creators and should be moderated. From my past experiences seeing Nerd HQ, those panels tend to be more free-form Q&A, ask random questions, etc.

Hope to see you guys in room 7 on Friday!

Offline LanieK

• Freebie Table
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 06:37:56 AM »
When I saw that this panel was put in 7AB, I got a little worried. I actually remember getting shut out of the Bryan Fuller panel last year in there, but in all honesty I can't remember how early I tried to go for that. That rooms holds less than 500, and I think the fanbase for this show is getting way bigger than that. The show seems be getting more and more coverage (awards buzz and Entertainment Weekly seems to adore it- it's one of their secondary covers this week and Tatiana is part of their other panel as well).

I got really sad seeing that this conflicts with the annual Joss Whedon panel, but alas this show has utterly captivated me.

I did get tickets to the Orphan Black and Joss Nerd HQ panels though, so that did relieve some of the stress. I think the panels will be a bit different. The official comic-con one has the creators and should be moderated. From my past experiences seeing Nerd HQ, those panels tend to be more free-form Q&A, ask random questions, etc.

Hope to see you guys in room 7 on Friday!

I checked the Mysched and there are over 800 people that have indicated they want to attend.  I am one of them but my cohort does not use Mysched so there are likely more out there that want to go. I just started watching this show this week. I heard good things about it!  I will likely try to get in but I will not go in the room first thing in the morning and sit through other stuff and take up seats that likely someone else would love to have for the earlier programs, so I guess I will leave it to luck.  I had a lot of good luck last year..... 8)

Offline queenofsarab

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:40 AM »
If it helps I marked I was going to this one on MySched but it conflicts with the Veronica Mars Fan Event so I won't be there... of course I'm sure there's someone who isn't using the scheduling tool who balances me out so :/ I really wish I could make this panel, though, love the show! And I'll be in Game of Thrones during the Nerd HQ one so missing both. Sigh.

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
I'm going to try a panel or two ahead of it. I really want to see this one.