Author Topic: How far are you coming from?  (Read 166359 times)

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
Re: How far are you coming from?
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »
No just a name based on birthstone  ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:55:03 AM by EmeraldMom »
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No just an name based on birthstone  ::)

Then (if I am remembering the birthstones correctly) we have the same birth month!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #617 on: Today at 01:44:13 AM »

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »
This is my very first SDCC, and I'm extremely excited, but also nervous! My friends and I got Thursday/Sunday badges, which was a bit of a disappointment at first, but there is so much else I want to do in San Diego that I'm totally fine with it. I'm coming from the Cincinnati area. I'll be rooming with my friends but flying solo since they live in another part of the country. They haven't finalized their dates yet, but I'll be there 7/8-7/14.

I have a backup hotel reservation about a mile from the convention center but will be participating in the lottery to try to get closer and cheaper.

Any other Ohioans out there? I live closer to Cincinnati but am flying out of Columbus to save a couple hundred dollars. Need every penny for the hotel!

Offline 2point6

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »
Second time going to SDCC! missed out in 2014. will be coming from Virginia with Thurs-Sun badges!

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #619 on: March 02, 2015, 01:39:00 AM »
This is my very first SDCC, and I'm extremely excited, but also nervous! My friends and I got Thursday/Sunday badges, which was a bit of a disappointment at first, but there is so much else I want to do in San Diego that I'm totally fine with it. I'm coming from the Cincinnati area. I'll be rooming with my friends but flying solo since they live in another part of the country. They haven't finalized their dates yet, but I'll be there 7/8-7/14.

I have a backup hotel reservation about a mile from the convention center but will be participating in the lottery to try to get closer and cheaper.

Any other Ohioans out there? I live closer to Cincinnati but am flying out of Columbus to save a couple hundred dollars. Need every penny for the hotel!

We're coming from Pittsburgh and have lots of family in Ohio!

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #620 on: March 02, 2015, 08:14:45 AM »

This will be my 3rd SDCC (it went from "once in a lifetime/bucket list" to an addiction) & I live in Cleveland. Things could change, but as of now I'll be flying out of Cleveland Hopkins early Thursday morning. Hope to see you there!
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline sideproject

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #621 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
I'm from Maryland originally but I now live in Virginia... but I'm doing an internship in Michigan for the summer so I'll be flying out of Detroit...   ???

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #622 on: March 02, 2015, 12:17:09 PM »

I'm originally from Columbus (but have lived in Phoenix since 1996).  I'll be visiting Cincinnati in August.  Go Buckeyes!!  And Bengals and Reds :)

Offline Pdiddey3d

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #623 on: March 02, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
First time attending. Was fortunate enough to get Thursday and Sunday thanks to this forum and a buying group. Will be traveling from sunny Buffalo NY. Will be staying a full 7 days and I'm beyond excited.

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #624 on: March 02, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
We're coming from Pittsburgh and have lots of family in Ohio!

That's awesome! I'm a 2009 Pitt grad, as is one of my travelling buddies!

This will be my 3rd SDCC (it went from "once in a lifetime/bucket list" to an addiction) & I live in Cleveland. Things could change, but as of now I'll be flying out of Cleveland Hopkins early Thursday morning. Hope to see you there!

It's been on my bucket list for a couple of years now, along with visiting the San Diego Zoo, so I'll get to check two things off. I don't know if I can afford for it to become an addiction!

I'm originally from Columbus (but have lived in Phoenix since 1996).  I'll be visiting Cincinnati in August.  Go Buckeyes!!  And Bengals and Reds :)

I'm no Buckeyes fan (I went to college in Pittsburgh), but I do love my Bengals! And I actually will be passing through the Phoenix airport on my way to San Diego. I'm also a big Doctor Who fan. I've spent the last year and a half making my way through the classic episodes. Watching an episode from season 15 as I type!

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2015, 05:38:13 AM »
I can finally say I'm coming from New Jersey, I have been unsuccessful for the past 5 years in obtaining badges, but I never gave up!

I'm coming from Los Angeles but it also took me 5 years of patience to finally secure a badge on my own. Last year I went as a guest after failing on my own in general reg. It's true, anything is possible.
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline Robbiealpz

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #626 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:10 AM »
I'll be flying in from Long Island. Scored badges in only my second year trying. After reading stories of how long people have tried before being successful, I'm definitely counting my blessings.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #627 on: March 22, 2015, 12:03:02 PM »
I'll be flying in from Long Island. Scored badges in only my second year trying. After reading stories of how long people have tried before being successful, I'm definitely counting my blessings.

Welcome to the forums, Robbie!  If you haven't had a chance yet, please take a moment to introduce yourself in our "Introductions/Welcome" thread.  ^__^d

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #628 on: March 22, 2015, 12:19:43 PM »

It definitely sounds like luck was with you, Robbie!

Offline Dougie90

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #629 on: March 22, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
I'm coming from Scotland.  First time at SDCC, first time trying.  I feel ridiculously lucky.  I'm in Boston and San  Francisco beforehand too which should be awesome.