Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Waitlist Discussion  (Read 153911 times)

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
SDCC 2019 Waitlist Discussion
« on: April 26, 2019, 05:41:01 PM »
Has anyone tried logging onto the on peak system right now? I keep getting error. Wondering if this is preparing for Monday's waitlist.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
Re: SDCC 2019 Waitlist Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:55:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone tried logging onto the on peak system right now? I keep getting error. Wondering if this is preparing for Monday's waitlist.
Yes, I am able to...try clearing your cache.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:52:56 AM »

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 05:55:44 AM »
Waitlist sale question: how long does this run on Monday? So far everything else has been quick but I’m wondering if I should take work off for this one. If I stay at work I’ll have a 2 hour block in the early afternoon central time where I won’t be able to get on a computer. And what time does it usually start? My work computer is so much faster than home that if is going to be an hour at 9:00 pacific time I am better off there.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »
Waitlist sale question: how long does this run on Monday? So far everything else has been quick but I’m wondering if I should take work off for this one. If I stay at work I’ll have a 2 hour block in the early afternoon central time where I won’t be able to get on a computer. And what time does it usually start? My work computer is so much faster than home that if is going to be an hour at 9:00 pacific time I am better off there.
It's not a sale per se, so don't take the day off. The link stays open almost up until the week of the con. If you're looking for a downtown room, you have to be vigilant and constantly check

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 11:29:11 AM »
Thank you, I'll just keep checking!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 12:39:57 PM »
I didn't get a waitlist email, I am assuming since I got a hotel assignment (way out, not on the shuttle route, and only requested downtown!) My daughter did get the email. Can I use her link on Monday, or is it specific to one person?

BTW did you wind up booking or declining that hotel?  If you declined, did you get an email back from onPeak?

Offline twiley79

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »
I declined and I have heard nothing since.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 03:27:11 PM »
The waitlist opens Monday and I thought we could use a place to discuss it, maybe shout out sightings if a good room pops up.

I was wondering how it works... if you select a hotel from the list and start to check out, do they hold the room for you while you are entering your info? Say for 10 minutes like they do during hotelpocalypse? Or can you lose the room if someone else types their info faster? Anyone remember from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:42:58 PM by Angology »

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 03:32:15 PM »
Ive never tried but i dont belive its held while you try to check out and submit payment. Got to the like the flash

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »
I know there was some early talk about a blocking occurring if you go to the waitlist page and refresh too often...I'm interested in hearing more bout that.  I wanted to see if I could set up a VisualPing on it and see if that helped...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
BTW did you wind up booking or declining that hotel?  If you declined, did you get an email back from onPeak?

If you decline OR if you let your hotel allocation expire w/o putting a deposit, you will get no further communication from OnPeak. As far as OnPeak is concerned, their interactions / transactions with you are essentially done, until you actually book another hotel with them through the leftover sale.

Offline handelacruz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
I don’t think they hold it for you while you are entering your info. I remember in the past years, people would lose some big hotels like MMM and Bayfront because they were slow to put in their credit card or don’t remember their login.

I’ll probably have my credit card on me at all times when I’m refreshing like crazy all day.  :P

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 06:51:45 PM »
It's 2019... it's inexcusable to have a system that doesn't lock your inventory while you're checking out. Heck, it was inexcusable in 2009.

Offline Sublime

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 08:08:18 PM »
If you decline OR if you let your hotel allocation expire w/o putting a deposit, you will get no further communication from OnPeak. As far as OnPeak is concerned, their interactions / transactions with you are essentially done, until you actually book another hotel with them through the leftover sale.

I declined my hotel assignment and have received an email receipt of my decline. The email has a "Book a Room!" link to my OnPeak account. When I log in, I see all the hotel choices. As of right now they are all listed as unavailable. I am curious to see if come Monday I will be able to see the released waitlist inventory. The OnPeak representative that I spoke to told me that I would remain on the waitlist since I had marked it on the form. I will update on Monday!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »

I declined my hotel assignment and have received an email receipt of my decline. The email has a "Book a Room!" link to my OnPeak account. When I log in, I see all the hotel choices. As of right now they are all listed as unavailable. I am curious to see if come Monday I will be able to see the released waitlist inventory. The OnPeak representative that I spoke to told me that I would remain on the waitlist since I had marked it on the form. I will update on Monday!

Wow, that’s odd. When I’ve declined in the past, I didn’t receive anything. Maybe they changed their procedure. Or maybe OnPeak is just being peak OnPeak .