Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91101 times)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
I think the only thing keeping me from panicking at this point is seeing so many others in the same position.  Yeah, still no charge to my cc(Visa) from about 1am Friday morning.

Offline mystical althea

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
Everyone, please check your reservations if you're still having problems.  I've had several problems with incorrect info on my reservation and I'm still waiting to be charged.  Later I'm going to check with my bank to see if it didn't go thru because of all the MIS-information submitted.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
I just got a cancellation notice on the downtown room I had transferred to another forum member.  I hope that wasn't some f' up by Travel Planners with regards to deposits not being processed in a timely manner. 

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
That's scary. They Should call TP NOW!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
agreed, that is troubling

by all reports deposits aren't due until tonight tho
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
(877) 552-6642

is the best number to use
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
I PM'd them and forwarded the reservation cancellation notice to their email as well.    Hopefully they can get it sorted out.   

Offline Fazermint

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 48
Just called TP, and they said they currently couldn't help with the deposit issue. They asked me to call back later today.

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just got a cancellation notice on the downtown room I had transferred to another forum member.  I hope that wasn't some f' up by Travel Planners with regards to deposits not being processed in a timely manner.

I just heard back from them - they cancelled it because they found a room at the Marriott instead.    I wish they had put it back up for trade with someone else or let me know so that I could have put it back up for trade, but oh well.  (Maybe they had already paid the deposit?) 

Anyway, a Residence Inn Gaslamp hotel will be going to someone on the waitlist now. 

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
You can try uncancling it

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
Anyone have their deposit go through last night? Mine was pending on Friday morning, then disappeared on Saturday. I called TP yesterday and they said their record showed that the charge had gone through and everything was fine. I am very, very confused.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
I checked my cc transactions online and did not see the deposit posted yet.  However, it was listed under "outstanding transactions" with an "approval" status.  I called my cc provider and they told me that means that the charge came through and they approved it, but the merchant hasn't taken the money yet.  So really, the hold up is all TP at this point.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
I just heard back from them - they cancelled it because they found a room at the Marriott instead.    I wish they had put it back up for trade with someone else or let me know so that I could have put it back up for trade, but oh well.  (Maybe they had already paid the deposit?) 

Anyway, a Residence Inn Gaslamp hotel will be going to someone on the waitlist now.
That is messed up. I personally believe anyone caught "hoarding" rooms on the exchange just taking whatever until they get their "perfect" room and then canceling something they took and not passing it on, needs to be banned from further exchanges. That's ridiculous to do that.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Az_Rael

• Gaming Lounge
You can try uncancling it

Well, I would probably have to put a deposit on it to un-cancel it, and I don't want to deal with that added risk.   So I let it go.   

I was always a bit nervous about putting hotels up due to the amount of personal info you have to share, but I thought I would pay it forward in case I ever needed a downtown hotel in the future (I put up an extra MMM reservation  last year, which went fine).    This person was in my badge buying group, and they apologized for cancelling the hotel; but overall I was just left with a bad taste in my mouth.   I doubt I will participate in the hotel trade next year.     

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
Maybe that can be a law for next year. If you take a room. you MUST use it! if you don't and we find out, you are banned from all future group endeavor's (badges, hotels, parking, etc).

We'd have to be lenient to current offenders because it wasn't a rule for 2015, though you can argue that the requirement of actually using a room you were given would be implied.

/canOworms