Author Topic: 2015 Sweepstakes for Badges & Off-Sites  (Read 8455 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: 2015 Sweepstakes for Badges
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 08:57:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay, so this is not a sweepstakes. But you can get 2 SDCC badges, plus other prizes, by pledging $2,500 to the new Archie Comics Kickstarter.

ETA   Details.

That's pretty cool if you're an Archie Comics fan with some money to burn.  Not only free SDCCI badges for the week for you and a buddy, but also lots of behind-the-scenes type access.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Re: 2015 Sweepstakes for Badges & Off-Sites
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 09:00:06 AM »
Nerdist, ESET Partnering to Give Away VIP Nerdist Comic-Con Experience  ***NOTE: this contest does not include SDCC badges!!

Nerdist does Comic-Con right, and this year, they want to take you along for the ride.  The popular Chris-Hardwick-led website is partnering with ESET — the digital IT security company with headquarters in San Diego — to give away the ultimate Nerdist San Diego Comic-Con experience, including access to VIP parties, front of the line access to Nerdist’s Petco Park activations, and more.  If that sounds appealing to you, all you need to do is visit the official ESET contest page, and come up with your best caption for a photo of ESET’s very own superhero (“Android”), as he battles the cyber-threats that plaque our fair Internet.

The winning entrant will receive a Grand Prize, that consists of:

Hotel: Loews Coronado Bay Resort (July 9, 2015 — July 12, 2015)
Airfare for winner and their guest to San Diego
Spending Cash: $500
VIP/front of line to all Nerdist activations and exclusive access for Nerdist VIP party
Goodie bag and brought up on Nerdist Stage to receive prize, interviewed in Nerdist News

You can find more information on ESET’s official contest page here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Badges to San Diego Comic-Con aren’t included, but it sounds like you’ll be so busy partying with Nerdist that you’ll hardly even notice.
Details on Nerdist’s Petco Park activities are very light, but we do know that they’ll be moving to the second floor, in the area which formerly housed Nerd HQ. Last year, they held a laser tag tournament — and we’re expecting great things this year. There’s also no news on if that Nerdist party will be open to the public or not, similar to Nerd HQ’s one public dance party each year.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:59:07 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: 2015 Sweepstakes for Badges
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »
That's pretty cool if you're an Archie Comics fan with some money to burn.  Not only free SDCCI badges for the week for you and a buddy, but also lots of behind-the-scenes type access.

I thought so too! If I didn't have badges, I'd be jumping on this.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »
On the Kickstarter Archie Comics project--if they don't get the funds they need, if someone pays that much money, do they still honor that reward? Checked everywhere, don't see it unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. Reason I am asking this is that I have seen tons of Kickstarter projects not meeting their goals and the backers getting nothing back. Only thing I am wondering on. I bet they do honor it regardless, since they are a big company compared to someone starting fresh.

Thank you for answering that post by me TJ, btw.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:11:33 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 09:30:23 AM »
N/P, Mario!

I don't know. I have been a part of Kickstarters before where I did not get my reward, or got the wrong reward, or only part of my reward. It is my understanding that there is no legal 'enforcement' that requires people to send out the rewards. However you're right that Archie Comics is a big enough/long-lived enough company that they  should be able to honor that commitment.

If anyone were worried about it (and serious about pledging) I would recommend that they contact the project organizers. Tell them that they want to back at this level, but if they make airfare/lodging arrangements, they don't want to be stuck if the campaign is not funded, and see what response they receive. FWIW, I have in the past seen other Kickstarter campaigns that included badges and backstage/VIP/party experiences at SDCC, but I don't know how they were handled, because I have never backed at such a level.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »
This from Bleeding Cool Twitter page @bleedingcool: Archie Comics Cancels Its Kickstarter You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Yep, I just got the email update. And after all of that discussion... sigh...

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 04:22:35 PM »
Yep, I just got the email update. And after all of that discussion... sigh...
Second that sigh.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Lady Door

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 09:41:39 AM »
N/P, Mario!

I don't know. I have been a part of Kickstarters before where I did not get my reward, or got the wrong reward, or only part of my reward. It is my understanding that there is no legal 'enforcement' that requires people to send out the rewards. However you're right that Archie Comics is a big enough/long-lived enough company that they  should be able to honor that commitment.

If anyone were worried about it (and serious about pledging) I would recommend that they contact the project organizers. Tell them that they want to back at this level, but if they make airfare/lodging arrangements, they don't want to be stuck if the campaign is not funded, and see what response they receive. FWIW, I have in the past seen other Kickstarter campaigns that included badges and backstage/VIP/party experiences at SDCC, but I don't know how they were handled, because I have never backed at such a level.

FYI, if the Kickstarter does not meet its funding goals, the Kickstarter fails and pledges are not charged. If the Kickstarter is funded, the organizers do have an obligation to fulfill rewards to the best of their ability. It's down at #4 on their You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Unfortunately, if they fail to do so the only recourse is a class action lawsuit. Kickstarter does not intervene because Kickstarter is a platform, not a service, for companies to raise funds for projects that may or may not succeed. They strongly encourage you to evaluate projects before pledging for this reason.

Still, as stated, Archie is big enough that it would be very hard to believe they wouldn't have fulfilled.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline kosanovskiy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 04:17:55 AM »

Does anyone know how we get to the sweepstakes page? Because clicking on the link takes you to the blank home page and that is it. Do we have to be the members by any chance or something?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 05:15:45 AM »

Does anyone know how we get to the sweepstakes page? Because clicking on the link takes you to the blank home page and that is it. Do we have to be the members by any chance or something?
You may have to disable your ad blocker to see the full page.

Offline kosanovskiy

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 05:47:42 AM »
You may have to disable your ad blocker to see the full page.

Thank you. That solved the issue.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »
Contest for a couple of Sdcc badges You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
Win a pair of Comic-Con 2015 one-day passes.