Author Topic: Child Badge policy 2022 AGE To Be Considered a CHILD Change  (Read 4965 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Comic-Con is proud to offer one of the most generous child badge policies in the industry. Children (age 12 and under) are free with a paying adult! Children do not need to register for a Comic-Con Member ID to receive a complimentary badge. You may register up to two children per paid adult attendee. Children must be present to be registered for a badge and adults will be required to provide emergency contact information for any child registrant. Please visit the Registration Area when you arrive onsite for more information.

Children aged 12 or under on July 31, 2021 will not need to have a badge purchased for them for Comic-Con 2022 and may attend as a child with a paying adult. As this is the second year of cancellation, we must now implement a policy where children aged 13 or older on or before July 31, 2021 are not eligible to attend Comic-Con 2022 as a child.6.7.21
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ATTENTION to all the parents with kiddos !!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:46:28 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Re: Child Badge policy 2021 AGE To Be Considered a CHILD Change
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 07:51:00 PM »
If anyone has a jr badge & is now an adult OR was going to be a kiddo but now is a Jr.
Please contact CCI and outline your situation, perhaps they can help.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Child Badge policy 2022 AGE To Be Considered a CHILD Change
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:04:41 AM »

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
Child to Junior Info for 2022
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 09:08:34 PM »
I wanted to make everyone aware in case they were stuck in my situation.  My daughter would have had her last child badge in 2020 & would have converted after con like normal.  Once con cancelled 2020, I immediately contacted CCI regarding the 2021 rollover.  At that time they told me they would honor the 2020 kid badge routine.  Once 2021 cancelled, I contacted again and again earlier this year because my daughter will now be 15!! and in high school.

Here is what they told me:

We understand that some potential child attendees have aged out of the free child badge policy age range for Comic-Con due to the cancellation of our 2020 and 2021 events. As a current Comic-Con 2022 badge holder, we would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase a Comic-Con 2022 badge for your now junior (age 13 – 17) attendee.

If you would like to purchase a badge for your junior, please have them create a Member ID at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Once completed, please send us the first name, last name, and Member ID of that junior. In May or June of 2022, we will send you a unique purchase code that will allow you to go online and purchase a junior badge, even though we are currently sold out. Your junior will only be allowed to purchase the same type of badge(s) that their corresponding adult has purchased, ie: single day Friday, or 4-Day no Preview Night, or Saturday and Sunday single days, etc.

The deadline to send us the info above is May 1, 2022. We are unable to accommodate requests sent after this date.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions. We look forward to seeing you in July 2022!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Namron83

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 10:04:39 PM »
My nephew turned 13 on August 2021 so according to this, he is still eligible for a Child badge, but I think I should probably have him bring his birth certificate just incase.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 03:42:47 PM »
My nephew turned 13 on August 2021 so according to this, he is still eligible for a Child badge, but I think I should probably have him bring his birth certificate just incase.

That's a good idea. The only time I was ever asked for my children's birth certificates/proof of age was that final year when they were 13 (but had been 12 on the cutoff date). With one of them, the volunteer manning the desk was unaware of the policy and I had to pull it up on the website and show it to her, then use the BC to demonstrate that my child had been 12 on the cutoff date.

You may get someonewho is betetr versed on the rules, but it never hurts to make sure.

Offline sondra17

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 09:36:32 PM »
Hi, I'm in the same situation where my son was 12 when 2020 was canceled and is now 14. Any suggestions on how I might contact someone to be able to purchase a Junior badge for him? I have emailed, tweeted, and IM'd...not sure what else to do.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 11:15:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Did you create a member ID for your son? The SDCC UBlog has an article on how to make the transition. Unfortunately the answer seems to be "email them", but at least if you follow all the steps in the article before May 1st, you can prove that if they don't respond to you until later.

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 11:45:11 PM »
I'm in the same boat. My nephew would have been 12 in 2020, but is now 14. We set him up in the system and contacted SDCC. The post quotes them as saying we'll have the opportunity to buy his Junior badge "in May or June," so I don't see any reason to stress. Worst case scenario, I bring him to the Con late Tuesday or early Wednesday and we work it out with Reg there.

Offline sondra17

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 01:51:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I have, thank you. We went to the special edition together, so he has had one for a little while. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I just want to be able to provide him some assurances. I guess we will see.  Thank you both for responding so quickly.

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
Child Badge policy 2022 AGE To Be Considered a CHILD Change
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 03:27:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I have, thank you. We went to the special edition together, so he has had one for a little while. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I just want to be able to provide him some assurances. I guess we will see.  Thank you both for responding so quickly.
I’ll post here if/when they contact me about buying a badge.

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 09:50:11 AM »
Same boat here. My child would have needed a Jr. badge in 2021 but since there ain't been a badge sale since 2019 how would we purchase a Jr. badge the last couple years ?

I wrote to CCI a few weeks ago but no response yet. 

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2022, 05:01:02 PM »
I made sure my now-14-year-old nephew had a Member ID and I contacted CCI before the May 1 deadline.

I just received an email from CCI assuring me that I will be able to buy his Junior badge on or after the second week in June.

Offline lucky19

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2022, 10:26:07 AM »
Has anyone gotten any updates on this? Was told junior tix would be available to purchase may or beginning of June. Getting my sons tix is the only thing I have left to do.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 12:25:41 PM »
Has anyone gotten any updates on this? Was told junior tix would be available to purchase may or beginning of June. Getting my sons tix is the only thing I have left to do.
I was told 4-6 weeks on May 17th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 08:37:38 AM »
How to for the kiddo badges

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk