Author Topic: Just completed my short documentary and submitted it to several film festivals.  (Read 8829 times)

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
Late to the part as well but this is great Andrew! My MIL raises puppies for an organization that provides assistance and therapy dogs. Naturally we help her with the effort and volunteer sometimes. Can't wait to show her this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 830
On the same day I got the notice that my short doc "Dogs to the Rescue" will be shown at the Berlin Short Film Festival, I also got a notice that the 2018 Mexico (City) International Film Festival gave my film the Silver Palm Award.

Speaking of the Berlin Short Film Festival, it is tentatively scheduled to be shown there on Friday June 29 at 10pm Berlin time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 06:29:10 PM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
That's wonderful!!  Congratulations, Andrew!

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Fantastic news Andrew! Congratulations!!
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
On the same day I got the notice that my short doc "Dogs to the Rescue" will be shown at the Berlin Short Film Festival, I also got a notice that the 2018 Mexico (City) International Film Festival gave my film the Silver Palm Award.

Speaking of the Berlin Short Film Festival, it is tentatively scheduled to be shown there on Friday June 29 at 10pm Berlin time.

Awwww, that's so cool!  Congratulations, [member=460]Andrew Costa Mesa[/member]!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Congratulations, Andrew! You should be very proud!

• Pre-Registration
After thinking it over, I decided to make the journey to Berlin to promote my short doc "Dogs to the Rescue."  In fact, I'm leaving for Berlin next Tuesday from JFK in New York.  After a stopover, I will arrive in Berlin the following day (provided I don't miss my connecting flight, which could happen). The Berlin Short Film Festival will run at The Babylon in the Mitte section of Berlin from Thursday, June 28 till Sunday, July 1. I will be in Berlin until Tuesday, July 3, of which I will arrive back at LAX late that evening. Each night, they will run three blocks of shorts at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm. The documentary block, consisting of five short docs (including my film), will run Friday, June 29, at 10pm Berlin time. Assuming I don't arrive too late in Berlin, I hope to find time to do a little sightseeing in addition. Assuming I can fit my Canon in my suitcase (and I hope I won't need to check my bag), I hope to take lots of pictures and video.  I don't think there will be a Comic-Con-like convention taking place while I am there, but I would go to it if there was one!  I have my passport, my euros, my plug adapter for German outlets, my travel books, I'm all ready!  I just need to make a written list of things I need to bring so I don't forget anything vital.

I'll keep in touch!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (in German)
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Sounds like it will be an exciting trip, Andrew! Good luck at the festival!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
I'm so excited for you, Andrew!!  I pulled up the website of the festival and found your name on the schedule!

The theatre isn't far from the hot spots in Berlin -- Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Holocaust Memorial, Pergamon Museum.  Enjoy your time there!

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
So excited for you!!! Have a blast and congratulations! Berlin is gonna be an amazing networking opportunity!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
After thinking it over, I decided to make the journey to Berlin to promote my short doc "Dogs to the Rescue."  In fact, I'm leaving for Berlin next Tuesday from JFK in New York.  After a stopover, I will arrive in Berlin the following day (provided I don't miss my connecting flight, which could happen). The Berlin Short Film Festival will run at The Babylon in the Mitte section of Berlin from Thursday, June 28 till Sunday, July 1. I will be in Berlin until Tuesday, July 3, of which I will arrive back at LAX late that evening. Each night, they will run three blocks of shorts at 6pm, 8pm and 10pm. The documentary block, consisting of five short docs (including my film), will run Friday, June 29, at 10pm Berlin time. Assuming I don't arrive too late in Berlin, I hope to find time to do a little sightseeing in addition. Assuming I can fit my Canon in my suitcase (and I hope I won't need to check my bag), I hope to take lots of pictures and video.  I don't think there will be a Comic-Con-like convention taking place while I am there, but I would go to it if there was one!  I have my passport, my euros, my plug adapter for German outlets, my travel books, I'm all ready!  I just need to make a written list of things I need to bring so I don't forget anything vital.

I'll keep in touch!

Oh, wow!  That's fantastic, [member=460]Andrew Costa Mesa[/member].  Like others have mentioned, I'm also excited for you too!

In case I forget to mention this next week (ha ha), we're all rooting for you and your documentary.  ^___^/  Good luck at the film festival!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
Good luck in Berlin!  Congrats on all your success so far!
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750

I'll keep in touch!

Good Luck Andrew!
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

• Pre-Registration
I just checked in to the four-star Park Inn Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz.  It’s only a half mile away from The Babylon, where “Dogs to the Rescue” will be shown.
D23 Expo 2017

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
I just checked in to the four-star Park Inn Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz.  It’s only a half mile away from The Babylon, where “Dogs to the Rescue” will be shown.

Woo-hoo!  How exciting!  I hope you have a great time in Germany, Andrew.