Author Topic: NYCC October 4-7, 2018  (Read 25597 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: NYCC October 4-7, 2018
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 09:13:57 AM »
i for one am happy AA will be in the photo-opp/signing area this year!
flipping those two, AA & Photo Opps/signings makes soooo much sense-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2018, 01:16:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i for one am happy AA will be in the photo-opp/signing area this year!
flipping those two, AA & Photo Opps/signings makes soooo much sense-

They moved it? Thank goodness. It was soo cramped and warm last year. Over the years, artist alley has become my favorite place to hang out.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 04:11:40 AM »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Artist Alley has been open until 8 for years.

I'm so glad they're moving it. I love spending time in Artist Alley and last year I could barely be there for 10 minutes. It was so crowded and stuffy. I saw on Twitter that apparently the AC had broken, which was a big part of it. But it was still super crowded. I can't wait until the renovations are done.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets today!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:51 PM »
Since they had moved AA to Javits north I always found myself spending half a day to a day just roaming the aisles there and while not always picking up art, since my tastes are less traditional and more towards fantasy art, I have bought and done commissions at the show.

Last year with the smaller size, overcrowded aisles, noise level, and broken AC I think I spent less than an hour the whole show there. I got a few needed autographs, roamed an aisle, and got out. There was one artist I wanted to do a commission from who I mentioned I would contact them after the show about a commission cause I just didn't want to deal with it all.

I would have hated to actually have been an artist there. I seriously hope NYCC provided them with ice water all weekend free of charge.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »

Correct link is below:

Managing Your NYCC Badges

New this year is the ability to manage your NYCC badges directly in our Fan Verification hub. Here you’ll find the NYCC badges you've purchased or have been assigned to, as well as autographs and photo ops you've bought and lotteries you’ve won.

Here's how it works.

You'll first want to log into your Fan Verification account. If you don't know your login, please click Forgot Your Password to reset it.

Once you're logged in, you'll see your NYCC badge order. If you had a friend or family member buy your badge and assign it to you during checkout, you'll see a green bar at the top of the page.

You can get to the Fan Verification page by clicking the link in the green bar OR by clicking the blue button that says Manage New York Comic Con Profile.

Welcome to your Fan Verification hub! The screenshot above right now is only showing badges under this account, but rest assured that as you buy autographs and win lotteries, those will show up here as well.

If you see green bars at the top of the page, you'll want to go in and accept those badges that have been assigned to you.

Once you accept them and it's confirmed, rejoice! You're all set to attend NYCC 2018.

If you already have a badge for that day assigned to you—either because you bought the badge yourself or because someone else already assigned you to a badge for that day and you accepted it—you'll get the error on the below screenshot. If this happens, you'll want to decline the transfer as you're unable to have more than one NYCC badge per day assigned to your name.

Once you're back at the homepage for your Fan Verification hub, you'll see a section called My Transfers.

This is where you'll find transfers you've accepted (meaning someone assigned you to a badge, autograph, photo op, etc, and you accepted it) or transfers you've sent to your friends (you've assigned someone to a badge, autograph, etc, and they've accepted or declined it).

You can click EDIT or VIEW to see the details for each transfer.

The transfer history will appear and you'll be able to resend a transfer to remind a friend to accept it or cancel a transfer if you sent it to the wrong friend.

When you click TRANSFER ITEMS, you'll be brought to a page where you can add your friend's Fan Verified email address. You'll only do this if a friend you bought the badge for didn't accept your transfer because they can no longer attend and you want to give the badge to another Fan Verified friend. When autographs, photo ops, and more are available in this section, you can transfer those items to anyone who has a NYCC badge assigned to them.

PLEASE NOTE: As you'll see in the above screenshot, once you transfer/assign a Fan Verified friend to a badge and they accept the transfer, they are now the owner of that badge. This means that you, as the original owner, no longer have the ability to transfer that badge to anyone else. The new owner would have to make a new transfer if it's needed.

If the friend you're trying to transfer the NYCC badge to is not Fan Verified (either not eligible for the presale or not Fan Verified prior to the general onsale), you'll get the following error:

When a transfer is pending, was declined, was cancelled, or was accepted and successful, you'll get an email from ShowClix.

If you're attempting to assign a friend to a badge and they already have a badge for that same day assigned to them, you'll see that your transfer is pending. Make sure to assemble your avengers and stay on top of any transfers so that your friends are accepting or declining them as necessary.

Right before we begin mailing badges we'll be doing a sweep of all badges to cancel any that look suspicious or are still pending. If you don't want to lose your badges, you need to make sure you and your friends are accepting the badges assigned to you!

We hope that helps! If you have any questions, hit up our customer service superheroes.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:43:11 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2018, 02:01:41 PM »
Quick Q for those who are familiar with NYCC: Is it worth reserving a hotel right now if I haven't gotten my badge yet? I'm only eligible for the general sale in July and was wondering if the closer hotels (like Yotel) will be sold out by then.

Offline LaMaestra

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2018, 02:06:25 PM »
My advice is search around NYC for cheap hotels and reserve one that has free cancelation

Quick Q for those who are familiar with NYCC: Is it worth reserving a hotel right now if I haven't gotten my badge yet? I'm only eligible for the general sale in July and was wondering if the closer hotels (like Yotel) will be sold out by then.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2018, 02:36:45 PM »

I would book a hotel when you can that has free cancellations. Remember while it is NYCC time this is NY, so things are going to be expensive and also less affected by the con itself just because it is NY.

Two pieces of advice.
1. Have you checked the NYCC hotel block
2. Some people stay in NJ and get a bus each morning.  [member=1]alyssa[/member] has, but she is a bit busy at the moment so may be a bit before she responds
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2018, 02:48:51 PM »
Some hotels in the hotel block are already sold out. However, some of those have rooms available outside of the block. I got a room at a hotel thst was sold out in the block, but I booked it directly from the hotel website, and with a AAA discount, was less than the con rate.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:33 PM »
We ended up getting Thurs/Fri/Sunday badges. When I got in, it looked like everything was available, but then when I clicked to go to the next screen, apparently Saturday had just sold out. For reference, this was at 8:13am PT/11:13am ET. Oddly, they didn't tweet about Saturday being sold out until 11:55am ET.

Last year, we stayed in Secaucus, NJ at Extended Stay America for $134/night. There's a nice little group of hotels in that area, most priced below $200/night, with plenty of restaurants (Chili's, Outback Steakhouse, etc.) and a movie theater. You can catch the 320 bus for $4 each way, and it drops you off at Port Authority in about 15 min (unless you try to go during rush hour). From there, it's about a 10-15 min walk to Javits, or you can catch the 7 subway to Javits (only 1 stop away).

This year, we are going to stay in that same area of hotels, but at Meadowlands River Inn. It's only $115/night, and you get free hot breakfast! The Extended Stay America had a grab-n-go "breakfast" that was pretty much just granola bars, tiny pre-packaged muffins, and coffee. They didn't even have water. We had to buy bottled water from the vending machine for $2.25.  But yeah, there are many other affordable hotel options, and this is a great area to stay in if you're on a budget, with easy access to the city.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
Fan Verification (General Onsale)

NYCC 2018 Fan Verification

"New York Comic Con requires anyone who wishes to attend or buy badges for NYCC 2018 to create a Fan Verification account by July 8 at 11:59 PM ET in order to participate in the general onsale."

Fan Verification is now open until July 8 at 11:59 PM ET.If you don't have a rolled over Fan Verification account already, create yours today!

AND TAKE YOUR TIME CREATING YOUR ACCOUNT.You're reading shouty-caps because this is important.

Triple check that your email address is spelled correctly

Make sure that you're providing the right mailing address with the correct zip code

Tell us your favorite parts of NYCC (this will help us deliver content you're most excited about)

You don't get a gold star if you're the first one to complete your application so don't rush through the process. It's better for the info to be correct so that you don't have any issues later.

Got it?

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »

Whoa, whoa whoa There are less than 150 Friday badges left in the presale allotment! They're going quick, so snag your Friday badge to #NYCC using your presale link now!

Update: Friday (presale) sold out.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:47:55 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
I have two remote possibilities over where I might stay without needing a hotel or Airbnb even though my parents have relocated to SoCal.  I already got my badges.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2018, 10:54:29 AM »
newyorkcomiccon You simply cannot miss out on #NYCC, so make sure you create your Fan Verification account today, every fan 13 and older needs their own account. It's simple, start here: NYCC18.com/FanVerification

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »
Last day for fan verification for General Sale.