Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196834 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1215 on: May 02, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
HI,my name is Ladonna first time going going to sdcc went last yr just for fundays but thus yr got lucky enough to get a  badge and hoping for fundays,met a bunch of great ppl thanks to the funko board hoping to meet many more this year thanks to this board,I'm a fan of many things, star trek, stargate, Harry Potter,once upon a time, and xena. Made it to the last official once convention heading to fan expo and can't wait for the Xena anniversary con next yr.

Welcome to the forums, @lrdavis28!

It's great to have you join our community!  Oh, those are all great fandoms that you listed.

What do you hope to see or do at Comic-Con this year?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline kitty_dodge

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1216 on: May 09, 2019, 09:22:43 PM »
Hi, my name is Jessica. I started going to SD comic con in 2009, I think, and have gone most years since. This year I went to WonderCon for the first time too. I have a couple of partners in crime that I cosplay with. We like to do group costumes. I currently live in a town a bit north of San Diego and have lived in San Diego or the surrounding areas for most of past several years. I was on the east coast for awhile too. So I have been to SD comic con as both a local and a traveler. I know the area pretty well, as well as getting around and the hotels and traveling here, so hopefully I can be of some help to others! I discovered this forum while doing hotel research. (The commute would be a bit too far, so we'll be staying in San Diego this year.) This forum is amazing, and I'm excited to connect with others who love cons and cosplay!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1217 on: Today at 12:03:17 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1217 on: May 10, 2019, 02:30:10 AM »

Hi, my name is Jessica. I started going to SD comic con in 2009, I think, and have gone most years since. This year I went to WonderCon for the first time too. I have a couple of partners in crime that I cosplay with. We like to do group costumes. I currently live in a town a bit north of San Diego and have lived in San Diego or the surrounding areas for most of past several years. I was on the east coast for awhile too. So I have been to SD comic con as both a local and a traveler. I know the area pretty well, as well as getting around and the hotels and traveling here, so hopefully I can be of some help to others! I discovered this forum while doing hotel research. (The commute would be a bit too far, so we'll be staying in San Diego this year.) This forum is amazing, and I'm excited to connect with others who love cons and cosplay!

Welcome to the forums, @kitty_dodge!  Glad to have you join us!  I'm sure your knowledge about getting around San Diego will be helpful to others in our community.

What are your favorite fandoms?  What cosplays have you done?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #1218 on: May 10, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
Hi my name is Ferd. I was born and raised on the beautiful island of Guam and now reside in the Bay Area.

My first convention was San Diego Comic Con and that was in 2014, late bloomer I know. However this wasn’t the first time I heard of the amazing ness, first time was around 2000 when I spoke to a comic book store owner who introduced me to SDCC and the stories he told.  Since then I tried to attend but of course life gets in the way Haha in a good way. I got married and had kids so needless to say my desire took a backseat for now. Up to the current date we have been very fortunate to get tickets for 5 years straight and almost missed out this year if not for a great buying group who saved us!!! Thanks FoCC buying group!!! My 9 year old son loves to go despite him being very shy and enjoys the atmosphere and all the cool art and of course majority of his favorite shows. So let’s hope for many more years of SDCC and many more memories.

So thank you admins/ moderators/etc for holding down an awesome forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #1219 on: May 10, 2019, 10:38:26 AM »
I'm also living in the Bay Area, Islander! It's a good location where you can either fly to San Diego relatively cheaply, or you can drive. We like to drive, because of all of our cosplay.

9 is a great age to take kids to the con! They're old enough to entertain themselves in a long line (with books, comics or an electronic device) but still free and impressionable. I loved taking my kids at that age, because it taught them that the world was full of people who liked the same cool things they did.

Offline bigteddy

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #1220 on: May 10, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »
Hi! my name is Sara and I've been fortunate to attend SDCC since 2013. We missed 2014...so sad I cried. It's become a tradition when we get badges for my oldest son(16) and me to drive to San Diego. So much fun... We've made some unforgettable memories. We're semi local in Orange county and have been to Wondercon a couple of times.This board has been an amazing resource for me and I just realized that I never introduced myself before. I don't post much, I'm a busy mom and part time accountant. Plus I'm shy and always think twice about speaking out. But I LOVE what Alyssa and Chris have done here... Thank you for this website and all of your hard work!!!

Offline kitty_dodge

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #1221 on: May 10, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »

Welcome to the forums, [member=8904]kitty_dodge[/member]!  Glad to have you join us!  I'm sure your knowledge about getting around San Diego will be helpful to others in our community.

What are your favorite fandoms?  What cosplays have you done?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Favorite fandoms: I love so many of them... Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Games of Thrones (One of my SDCC highlights is meeting George RR Martin!), Lord of the Rings (Obsessed with Weta!!) to name a few

Cosplays: We've done Kung Fury, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Infinity War Avengers at SDCC, as well as few video game characters. We did Resident Evil 2 Remake for Wondercon. I think we'll be doing End Game Avengers for SDCC this year, but we're still deciding.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1222 on: May 13, 2019, 03:35:55 PM »

Hi my name is Ferd. I was born and raised on the beautiful island of Guam and now reside in the Bay Area.

My first convention was San Diego Comic Con and that was in 2014, late bloomer I know. However this wasn’t the first time I heard of the amazing ness, first time was around 2000 when I spoke to a comic book store owner who introduced me to SDCC and the stories he told.  Since then I tried to attend but of course life gets in the way Haha in a good way. I got married and had kids so needless to say my desire took a backseat for now. Up to the current date we have been very fortunate to get tickets for 5 years straight and almost missed out this year if not for a great buying group who saved us!!! Thanks FoCC buying group!!! My 9 year old son loves to go despite him being very shy and enjoys the atmosphere and all the cool art and of course majority of his favorite shows. So let’s hope for many more years of SDCC and many more memories.

So thank you admins/ moderators/etc for holding down an awesome forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forums, @Islander009! Glad to have you join us in our community!  It's great to hear that you and your family have been able to attend for the past few years, and I'm happy to hear that the buying groups have helped with that.

What are you looking forward to seeing at Comic-Con this year?

Hi! my name is Sara and I've been fortunate to attend SDCC since 2013. We missed 2014...so sad I cried. It's become a tradition when we get badges for my oldest son(16) and me to drive to San Diego. So much fun... We've made some unforgettable memories. We're semi local in Orange county and have been to Wondercon a couple of times.This board has been an amazing resource for me and I just realized that I never introduced myself before. I don't post much, I'm a busy mom and part time accountant. Plus I'm shy and always think twice about speaking out. But I LOVE what Alyssa and Chris have done here... Thank you for this website and all of your hard work!!!

Welcome to the forums, @bigteddy!  Glad to have you with us. 

(Ha ha, actually, there are a lot more people involved on this forum that make it as awesome as it is... ^__^""  That's what is great about this community!)

What are your favorite fandoms?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Favorite fandoms: I love so many of them... Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Games of Thrones (One of my SDCC highlights is meeting George RR Martin!), Lord of the Rings (Obsessed with Weta!!) to name a few

Cosplays: We've done Kung Fury, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Infinity War Avengers at SDCC, as well as few video game characters. We did Resident Evil 2 Remake for Wondercon. I think we'll be doing End Game Avengers for SDCC this year, but we're still deciding.

@kitty_dodge: Ohhhh, those are all great fandoms!  (Love those and love Weta too, ha ha!  Had some great conversations with their staff over the years.)

That's awesome! I love coordinated group cosplays, ha ha.  I'm sure an Avengers: Endgame cosplay would be a big hit. XD

Offline Clown001

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1223 on: June 03, 2019, 01:16:52 PM »
I'm glad to be on this forum, and I hope to have a wonderful experience here.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1224 on: June 03, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »
I'm glad to be on this forum, and I hope to have a wonderful experience here.
Hi there, @Clown001!  Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you join us in our comminity.

What are your favorite fandoms?  Tell us a little bit about you and your interests. ^__^/

Offline SyndE

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #1225 on: August 07, 2019, 07:12:48 AM »
Hi... so... it's been awhile, so I thought I better re-introduce myself.

I'm A.j. - I met some of you at SDCC in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and did the exclusives list for 2015. (I also offered to do the 12-egg omelette challenge at Broken Yolk, but no one took me up on it...) I'm BFFs with Birmabang (Diego). I took a break from SDCC for a few years, but I've found that I really MISS it, and have decided to jump back into the fray. I plan on curling up and reading reading reading the boards again. I hope to attend in 2020 because it's a milestone year for me.

About me: I work with words and I read way too much than is probably healthy. I enjoy reading all types of SF, but not so much fantasy. I currently dig The Expanse (books and TV), The Man in the High Castle, Strange Angel, Bob's Burgers, all types of comics (especially small press). I occasionally publish a zine called Syndicate Product (hence my screen name). I work in Philly and live just outside of it.

So, glad to meet you all again... and I look forward to contributing on the boards, and helping out when the time comes with buying groups, tips, and such!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #1226 on: August 07, 2019, 07:24:30 AM »

I'm A.j. - I met some of you at SDCC in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and did the exclusives list for 2015. (I also offered to do the 12-egg omelette challenge at Broken Yolk, but no one took me up on it...) I'm BFFs with Birmabang (Diego). I took a break from SDCC for a few years, but I've found that I really MISS it, and have decided to jump back into the fray. I plan on curling up and reading reading reading the boards again. I hope to attend in 2020 because it's a milestone year for me.

About me: I work with words and I read way too much than is probably healthy. I enjoy reading all types of SF, but not so much fantasy. I currently dig The Expanse (books and TV), The Man in the High Castle, Strange Angel, Bob's Burgers, all types of comics (especially small press). I occasionally publish a zine called Syndicate Product (hence my screen name). I work in Philly and live just outside of it.

So, glad to meet you all again... and I look forward to contributing on the boards, and helping out when the time comes with buying groups, tips, and such!

I'm making my return to SDCC next year as well after taking a few years off! Welcome back!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: August 07, 2019, 11:16:58 AM »

Welcome back, SyndE!  Glad to have you with us again, and thank you for reintroducing yourself to the community! ^__^/

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #1228 on: October 09, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »
hi ya'll  :) Spiffy aka Spiff bkn Acasha here

Ive actually been a lurker for two years, finding the information shared on this forum to be so helpful! Ive finally decided to actually introduce myself lol

If you're a member of the Funko Funatics board, Ive been member there for few years now.

2019 was my third SDCC and Im totally an addict to the amazing madness!

I think I finally feel con-competent enough to try and find a buying group to join or start one myself. I know you guys aren't open to newbies here, but hoping maybe to make friends regardless and figure out how to get something going on my own.

Really, just want to make friends. And stop being creepy lurker haha.  ^-^

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #1229 on: October 09, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
Welcome, Spiffy! You will find more than a few Funatics here. This site is for sharing any and all information about SDCC, and everyone has their own interests. There is a large section for those who are into exclusives. Not to mention those of us who enjoy going to Fundays! Funko really is a big part of the con experience.

Just to make it clear, this site is very much open to new people. Unfortunately, the buying groups are closed this year due to technical limitations. Out tech side can only handle so many people at once. We have been trying to expand the tech, but as of yet have been unable to do so, mostly due to lack of qualified people to work on that expansion. As such, we're not able to add to buying groups right now. But there is a lot more that this site has to offer.

Feel free to jump into the conversations at any time. That's what we're all about!