Author Topic: COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION UPDATE Purchasing For Others  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL REGISTRATION UPDATE
Purchasing For Others

We know, we know! Lectures are boring, but this one is very important! If you’re planning on buying a badge for your mom, brother, milkman, or neighbor, we highly suggest you read on for important information regarding purchasing for others!

As you all know, Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration is right around the corner! If you are selected for a registration session, you may purchase badges for up to three people – yourself included – while supplies last. If you choose to purchase a badge for another person, they will need to be eligible. Eligible attendees include:

Anyone who has a Comic-Con Member ID that was created and confirmed prior to October 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
    Anyone who has not purchased or registered for the Preview Night (Wednesday, July 17) option.

So ... you'd like a purchase badge for eligible friends or family members, but how?

I, Professor Toucan, am planning on buying Saturday badges during Open Registration for myself and my buddy, Jimmy. If I am selected for a registration session, I will not be able to purchase a badge for Jimmy with my own Comic-Con Member ID. We must each have our own Member ID and we must both be eligible to participate. Sometime before Open Registration, I’ll reach out to Jimmy and ask him for his Comic-Con Member ID and LAST NAME.

If I am randomly selected for a registration session, I will first input my own Member ID and last name. Then, on the next page, a prompt will ask for the number of eligible attendees I’d like to purchase for. Now, pay very close attention … Since I am hoping to get a Saturday badge for myself and Jimmy, I will select 2. Choose your selection on this page carefully because you will not be able to return here once you select “Continue”.

The next step is the badge selection page! My Member ID will already be validated and ready for badge selection. Then, I’ll input the Member ID and last name of Jimmy and select “Validate.” I’ll select a Saturday badge for each of us, and then “Proceed to Checkout” to fill in my buyer information and agree to the Terms and Conditions. That’s it! I have successfully purchased a Saturday badge for the both of us!
Are you thinking about joining a badge buying group?

If so, proceed with caution! It is vital that you only join a well-organized buying group with a good communication process in place. Buying groups can be helpful, but we've seen an increasing number of people get shut out due to disorganized efforts and lack of communication.

Here’s the thing: once a Member ID is validated in a registration session, it is locked for 15 minutes or until the session is closed. If your Member ID is used by someone in your group, you will not be able to use it if you are also selected for a registration session. Your Member ID will not validate and you will receive the following error message: “This Comic-Con Member ID is currently being registered by another buyer.” If you receive the error message above, your Member ID has been used by another participant and Comic-Con will be unable to help you.

Your registration code is only good for one entry into the waiting room and sharing your code could get you locked out. Do not attempt to enter it on multiple devices and browsers. Doing so will authorize the most recent device the registration code was entered on, and your previous device will become unauthorized. A lot of times, buying groups will share their registration codes, which can lead to a lot of confusion and misunderstandings.

And lastly, but of the utmost importance: We highly suggest only joining a buying group with people you trust. If someone in your group attempts to sell or scalp their badge, all badges in the order will be canceled, including yours.
Successs! You've managed to secure a Saturday badge for you and a friend! What happens next?

If you have successfully purchased a badge, an order acknowledgement will be sent to the buyer immediately after the purchase. We will begin processing credit cards, and badge confirmations will be sent to each individual attendee within 72 hours.

Please keep in mind that not all eligible attendees will be able to purchase a badge during Open Registration. There are far more eligible attendees then available badges. Entry to the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or registration session.

We encourage you to read all of the step by step instructions here, bookmark Toucan - the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for additional information leading up to Open Registration!
Posted on Nov 6, 2018
Categories:
Registration Update