Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration VII 2015  (Read 53402 times)

Yzrfan

Star Wars Celebration VII 2015
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »
One of the LA TV stations (KTLA) had a spot about Celebration VII this morning.

Offline garbagepailz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 4
Re: Star Wars Celebration VII 2015
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
So do you think they will sell out Wednesday I know this will bigger then the past because of the new movie and Disneyland etc

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:08:55 AM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
Who knows. Probably not on Wednesday, but before 2015. It will be interesting how much they plug it at D23 this week.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 08:12:59 AM »
I want tickets to this too!

Yzrfan

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
Here's the ticket info
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
$75 for Saturday. Ouch. Was hoping it was closer to $50. I might go Friday instead.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »
Celebration VI had lower attendance then CV both in Orlando.  I attended CV and it was only sparsely attended.  Even on the Saturday you could move about freely through the small exhibit hall and as far as I could tell there were still walk-up sales.

I believe only sell outs for SW Celebrations happened in LA which is by far the best attended of these shows.

It's good that this has returned to California for good.

I remember that a lot of people expected CVI to be a three years after CV.  That's was a pleasant surprise to just have to wait two years after CV, well worth it.

Now, wonder what the frequency of Celebrations will be.  My buddy and family back East sure doesn't think he can make it to California in'15.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »
Was it just me, or did they say hotel reservations would be available as well?  Hope they're the Hilton or other WC hotels!

Offline garbagepailz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 08:27:51 PM »
I saw that option as well yesterday but now its gone I'm so contiplating spend big bucks at 7 am  or saying don't trip tickets will be available later I hopppee  man decisions decisions but for the price kinda off dumb to judt by a day badge

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 01:25:59 AM »
Was it just me, or did they say hotel reservations would be available as well?  Hope they're the Hilton or other WC hotels!

That hotel preview was in the email.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 07:08:53 AM »
That Virtual Queue page caveats!
They been taking cues from Epic?!

"Welcome to the virtual queue for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim! Because tickets are in such high demand, we’ve created this queue to make sure your ticket buying experience is as painless as possible. Once it’s your turn, you will automatically be brought to the new ticketing system to purchase your tickets. Remember, there’s a limited time frame available once you’ve made it to the front, so be sure to have your credit card info handy. And whatever you do, don’t hit refresh while you’re waiting!

Get ready — this page will automatically take you to the ticketing system when it’s your turn to purchase tickets!"

"

How does this queue thing work?

We use the queue to make sure that tickets are sold in an orderly and fair way. Customers enter the queue in the order in which they arrive after the on sale begins. When you are placed in the queue, a unique cookie identifies you and allows us to hold your place in line.

As long as your browser is open, you will not lose your place and you will be automatically taken to the checkout process when it is your turn, without needing to refresh.

What if I get an error page?

Getting an error page will not result in you losing your place in the queue or tickets in your cart.

The queue is made of many, many servers. In the unlikely event that you get an error page, it is possible that you landed on a misbehaving server or group of servers. This is why we painstakingly monitor for misbehaving servers and take them out on the fly.

If you encounter an error, just refresh once or twice. There is a good chance you'll be returned onto a behaving server. If the error persists, please do not continue to refresh repeatedly - you'll risk getting throttled or blocked.

What happens if I refresh?

The queue page will automatically take you into the checkout when it is your turn, so you should not need to refresh. Refreshing does not improve your odds of getting through the queue.

If you do refresh, you will keep your place in line. That said, our load balancers will automatically throttle and even block users that it deems malicious, so don't go overboard spamming your Refresh button.

What are the technical requirements for the queue?

To properly maintain your place in the queue, your browser must support cookies and javascript.

All current major browsers support these features by default, so unless you explicitly turned the features off, you'll be fine. The queue page will let you know in advance if we detect that your browser is incompatible.

PLEASE NOTE: You do NOT need to refresh this page. It will update automatically as you are admitted to the checkout. Activity that is deemed malicious or excessive could result in you being banned from our servers. "

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 07:16:26 AM »
Ive been in the virtual queue for about 10 minutes. Anybody else?

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »
Same here.  Been in the queue since it opened...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
After white screen of death..got in!
EDIT: I got a regular 4-day pass.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:15:11 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 07:23:27 AM »
It's a ReedPop Convention via ShowClix.

I only suggest you add the $8 lanyard add-on to your order.  Lanyards tend to sell out at the show and like CVI, you can add the rest through your email via an account link.