Author Topic: Anyone else experience problems when they got in?  (Read 2088 times)

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Anyone else experience problems when they got in?
« on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »
Hi All,
Just wanted to find out if anyone else experienced any problems once they got in to buy badges.
I was part of a group but when someone tried to buy my son's it wouldn't accept it and I verified that the info was correct.
Second problem was that I got in to waiting room and validated member id and last name and then an "error" came up, I screenshot it but REALLY, what good does it do. Not like CCI will say, oh, okay, here some badges you can buy.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Anyone else experience problems when they got in?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi All,
Just wanted to find out if anyone else experienced any problems once they got in to buy badges.
I was part of a group but when someone tried to buy my son's it wouldn't accept it and I verified that the info was correct.
Second problem was that I got in to waiting room and validated member id and last name and then an "error" came up, I screenshot it but REALLY, what good does it do. Not like CCI will say, oh, okay, here some badges you can buy.

Were you buying a junior badge or regular adult badge?   (You don't need to purchase a badge if you want a child badge.)

It's possible that two people were trying to input your son's member ID and last name, and because both of them were doing it at the same time, an error occurred.

I recommend contacting CCI and explaining your situation.  Provide the screenshot, browser used, type of computer operating system used, time, and date.  It could be a legitimate technical issue with the registration website, so it's possible that they may be able to help you with your son's badge.

(I have heard of a few similar cases with inputting the member ID and then getting an error.)

Hope that helps!  Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:35:50 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:34:55 AM »

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:20:03 PM »
Were you buying a junior badge or regular adult badge?   (You don't need to purchase a badge if you want a child badge.)
(I have heard of a few similar cases with inputting the member ID and then getting an error.)

Hope that helps!  Good luck.
Thanks so much for your response. Yeah, that child is 26yrs old. LOL, doesn't qualify as CCI definition of child  ;D
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 10:21:34 PM »
Thanks so much for your response. Yeah, that child is 26yrs old. LOL, doesn't qualify as CCI definition of child  ;D

Oh, in that case... *laughs* a regular adult badge.  Ha ha.

Glad that I could help!  Good luck!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
Maybe PM TardisMom for some tips on what to write to CCI.  Also, include the registration code as per You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

All 5 in my immediate group got 4 day, YAY!  My daughter was first in but crashed between screens 3 and 4, we would have had 3 with PN if she hadn't crashed.  But that's okay :).

Many thanks to Nancy for my 4 day pass, she was in before the 2nd person in my group and 1st not to crash).  Thanks Nancy!!!!

Also, we weren't able to help anyone in Group #2 as I'd hoped, but soooo glad everyone in the big group got 4 days.  Many thanks to Felipe and Amy!!

My daughter finally heard back today about her Crash during pre-reg:

Thank you for your patience while we researched the error you experienced during Comic-Con 2014 Preregistration. We have determined the error did occur while the badges you requested were still available.

Due to these findings, we will be able to help you purchase the badges requested at the time of the error. However, we will not be able to process your purchase until after Open Online Registration.                       

If you prefer not to wait, you may take part in Open Online Registration and attempt to purchase badges. Should you decide to participate in Open Online Registration and are unable to obtain the badges you want, Comic-Con International will still be able to help you sometime after Open Online Registration.

So we will be able to add PN to 3 of the badges in our group.  I'm glad they finally responded!

Offline zedword

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 06:20:52 AM »
That is awesome!!     Glad they have records and are willing to help!

Offline Andrea_Lopez

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:10:14 AM »

Me and a friend got the same error. I sent CCI a mail from the member ID page and they answered back asking me to call but they haven't answer my friend yet. I don't think they can help me anyway but is worth trying. I'm just waiting...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:39:47 AM by Andrea_Lopez »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:51:42 AM »
You never know. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone who had issues!

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 02:31:10 AM »
I didn't experience any errors when I got in except all the badges sold out while I was typing in other people's member IDs. My computer was also lagging that morning. That's what I get for trying to log in at 8:55 in the morning. I had to use an ipad to get in the EPIC online registration room.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews