Author Topic: Comic Con 2022 Merch  (Read 4933 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: Comic Con 2022 Merch
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2022, 10:09:21 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I pre-ordered 3 items back in July, and have received two of them. The one item missing was supposedly shipped on August 16 and according to DHL it is still in transit.
I have to assume that the package was lost, but I never received any follow-up emails Represent.

I guess I'll have to try and contact someone.  :(

Here's the email address I was given if I want to contact them.

[email protected]
Phasers on Stun!!!

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2022, 09:06:18 AM »
Finally got the email from Represent.com that my order was lost. They also issued me a $10 discount coupon on my next order, which is nice, but would barely cover the shipping charges on a single item.

I also noticed that they are no longer selling the foil tees. I wonder if they had too many issues with them?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 07:16:05 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2022, 11:34:17 AM »
I got this email about my merch pre-order.  I was actually expecting it to arrive in August. Anyone else still waiting for their pre-order?

"We'd like to check in with an update on your order from the Sunset Tee campaign.

We know you will soon be checking your mailbox with anticipation for your order and we are definitely with you on that!

However, unfortunately, we have just found out that the shipper lost a number of packages from this campaign in transit, and those therefore never made their way to you. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please be assured we are having your item(s) reprinted and your order will start shipping out to you by September 13.

Once your order ships, you will receive a separate email, which will also include the tracking information for your package.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, please feel free to contact us using the button below.

Best,

Team Represent"
From a relative outside observation (this is the first year in a looooong time I didn't preorder any SDCC merch, and while I didn't physically wait in line for stuff, a friend of mine did and got me a t-shirt), it seems like this was quite the clusterbuss experience.  I know CCI used Graphitti Designs for quite awhile and switched to another company this year, and it's hard to know if this other company was a bit of a mess (certainly the quality of at least some of their shirts were - the sparkly one seemed to not last one washing, though the Rocketeer shirt I have has been fine in the wash), or if COVID supply issues have been problematic: or maybe a bit of both?

Even logistically, this was the first time in quite awhile where one couldn't preorder SDCC shirts and pick them up directly at the booth (which is why I didn't preorder one this year) which isn't necessarily a bad thing but feels like a bummer that we're into the first third of Sept. and folks still don't have their SDCC gear.  Hopefully this is a big area that CCI evaluates for next year; FWIW I don't recall any issues w/WonderCon stuff (my wife did get a WonderCon shirt last spring at the event w/minimal wait time), though obviously that is a significantly smaller event than SDCC.  But between Hall H line issues and Merch sale issues, CCI has quite a bit to address/evaluate/improve on
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 08:20:52 AM by perc2100 »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2022, 06:18:36 PM »
I pre-ordered two items and have only received one so far.

Edited to add - I just checked the status of my order, and my other item is getting ready to ship.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 03:10:10 AM by debster »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2022, 01:21:29 PM »
My pre-order finally came!   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2022, 01:36:30 PM »
I'm still waiting for my last item.  Supposed to ship on 9/23.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2022, 01:42:46 PM »
My pre-order finally came!   :)
Wow!
I really wonder if that's a CCI thing, a vendor thing, or a shipping thing.
Regardless, it's definitely a "worse than any other SDCC since I've been attending in 2000" thing   :-[

Hopefully CCI has this much improved next year: expeditious when buying/shipping, and better quality as well

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »
I'm still waiting for my last item.  Supposed to ship on 9/23.
???