Author Topic: Ballroom 20 lines and camping  (Read 6919 times)

Offline tragedys

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
Ballroom 20 lines and camping
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:53:18 AM »
Given the amount of interest for Ballroom 20 panels every day of the con, there are sure to be people camping or at least lining up near dawn.  From what I have read, to get into Ballroom 20 line, you have to line up and then go to the left of sails, around the Ballroom and then usually out the door.

My question is: before they open up the main doors to let people in, where will the BR20 line be?  Does it start at Entrance A or would it be safe to assume people go directly behind the con and just line up there since only a few can actually fit in the convention center before the line bleeds out into the tents outside?

Thanks everyone!!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
Re: Ballroom 20 lines and camping
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
There will only be two lines.

There's the Hall H line which is obvious.

Then there's a 2nd line. That's the line for everything else. It's right out front the convention center.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:08:37 AM »

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »
See, according to Crazy4ComicCon's blog, the guy notes that the camping line starts at Hall A. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm a little confused about this myself, but I should be able to get a gauge of things on Preview Night (I assume there will be a few die hard X-Files fans) as well as checking in on them Thursday morning to double check on where they started lining up.  In the past, as I understood, there was Hall H line and then the "Everything Else" Line.  Wonder if they decided to start a separate BR20 line now.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »
Those tents for BR20 are AFTER you're let into the convention center. Everyone lines up outside in the "general" line. Then you're allowed in and if you want BR20 you go upstairs near sails and get into that line.

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »
When I went to Ballroom 20 on Saturday last year, the line was out back. It was very obvious where the line started outside with tents and chains for the queue. I am not sure if that is where the camping starts though, as I got there well after the line had started. I think I got there at about 9am and was way down by the harbour. I was in Ballroom 20 by 12pm though and by the time True Blood rolled around, I was up front from people leaving in between panels.

While the line looked long, it actually moved pretty fast. Much more so than Hall H, imo.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
Then maybe they changed it? I remember in 2010 lining up with everyone out front, then going inside and upstairs to get into line. I believe we were allowed in around 7-8am. Granted, part of that line I was in was outside but bc I was early I was inside.

Offline Patman

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
I thought that they had a separate Ballroom 20 line (as I lined up in that long-@$$ line for the Firefly panel last year), maybe it was for "everything else" as I got there around 4am, so it had already wrapped around the convention center and then it went on forever down a bunch of steps into the marina area, which is not to be confused with the line for the Indigo Ballroom that lines up along the boardwalk sidewalk  between the convention center and the Hilton, and it goes behind the convention center.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
Well, maybe I'm wrong then! Wouldn't be the first time!  :P

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:02:02 PM »
That line was for everything else (not Hall H).  After they let you in the building, then they separate into separate lines depending upon your final destination.  Although I bet a good percentage of those people were there for Firefly.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »
So then there's only two lines still until everyone is allowed in? Hall H and "General" which includes everyone else?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »
The line starts OUTSIDE the FRONT of the convention center with the regular line to go in.

Once they let people inside (should be the door down towards the end around E or F), you go up the escalators.

After the escalators, you walk down the hallway - it should be somewhat roped off past a few food carts, etc.

If you go to the RIGHT, you'll enter Sails.

If you LOOK to your LEFT, you'll see Ballroom 20. The LINE for 20 starts by going OUTSIDE through the double doors and weaving under all the white tents that have been set up. The water/marina will be downstairs to your right.

The line weaves under all the tents back INSIDE the convention center along the windows/doors back towards where you came from. The line is mostly against the windows until you get near the front where they have set up some barriers and you're in a more traditional looking line w/ the plastic chains to divide the rows.

When it is time to enter the ballroom, they'll block off traffic in both directions and let you in.

The END of the BR20 line can actually extend down the steps towards the water (hence why it looks like the line may have started somewhere else).

There is no line INSIDE the convention center BEFORE doors open for the day.

(just using caps for clarity)  ;D
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
*slow clap*

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
So then there's only two lines still until everyone is allowed in? Hall H and "General" which includes everyone else?

Yes, not counting the line for people who still need badges.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 01:07:23 PM »
Yes, not counting the line for people who still need badges.

That;s actually a pretty good way to figure out if you're in the right place or not.

If they do NOT have badges and you DO, you're in the wrong line. Vice versa as well.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!