Author Topic: Table Top Games.......  (Read 14128 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Table Top Games.......
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 12:07:34 PM »

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2022, 07:47:31 PM »
I lost my DnD group to the pandemic, has anyone messed around with hosting virtual sessions?? I've seen some really cool programs and sites but it's overwhelming to a noob like me who's stuck on paper lol

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 12:29:16 PM »

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2022, 03:52:19 AM »
Through the pandemic we've been playing weekly over You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and utilizing Discord for chat/voice.  It was fun, but we recently started back in-person (monthly) at a local gaming store near my house, and that's been sooooooo much better.  I think virtual has its place, but TTRPGs are so much more fun in-person.  So were back to out monthly schedule and just started Descent into Avernus.

The DM ran all of the Fantasy Ground stuff and he picked it all up on his own and did a phenomenal job.  There are so many different plug ins, add-ons, etc., that can make sessions more fun/easier.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 09:29:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Through the pandemic we've been playing weekly over You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and utilizing Discord for chat/voice.  It was fun, but we recently started back in-person (monthly) at a local gaming store near my house, and that's been sooooooo much better.  I think virtual has its place, but TTRPGs are so much more fun in-person.  So were back to out monthly schedule and just started Descent into Avernus.

The DM ran all of the Fantasy Ground stuff and he picked it all up on his own and did a phenomenal job.  There are so many different plug ins, add-ons, etc., that can make sessions more fun/easier.
I'm tempted to try and make or join a local group again but it's so hit or miss. I'm thinking of maybe just running short campaigns with friends virtually, like one or two sessions to start off with since most people I know who are interested do not live near me anymore. I'll check out Fantasy Ground. Thanks for the tips  :)

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2022, 06:08:37 AM »
My local group has been meeting weekly for a while already. When the pandemic was at it's height we didn't meet and did some online gaming but since the vaccine has been out we've met. You had to be vaxxed and at the beginning masks were required. Now just vaxxed and masks are optional.

This group though is for boardgames. People in the group do TCGs and DnD but not at our regular friday game.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2022, 06:35:29 AM »
My local group has been meeting weekly for a while already. When the pandemic was at it's height we didn't meet and did some online gaming but since the vaccine has been out we've met. You had to be vaxxed and at the beginning masks were required. Now just vaxxed and masks are optional.

This group though is for boardgames. People in the group do TCGs and DnD but not at our regular friday game.
I ran board games over zoom for a while with my close friends, this reminds me I need to bring back game night even if its not DnD. I need to learn how to be social again outside the internet lol

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2022, 08:35:20 AM »
Our D&D group moved online during the pandemic but fell apart just as people were allowed to get back together. We've been moving from random game to random game while we're looking for a new (stable) group. In the meantime, we've been playing Virtual True Dungeon and enjoying a lot of online gaming cons. We're going to be spending all of the upcoming weekend playing virtual rpgs at Gary Con Online.

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2022, 08:44:05 AM »
Our D&D group moved online during the pandemic but fell apart just as people were allowed to get back together. We've been moving from random game to random game while we're looking for a new (stable) group. In the meantime, we've been playing Virtual True Dungeon and enjoying a lot of online gaming cons. We're going to be spending all of the upcoming weekend playing virtual rpgs at Gary Con Online.
Oh I haven't heard of that, I need to look into it! I know a few local people who might play but I'm wondering if I can get a more stable group virtually... really I'd like to just join a group and let someone else do all the planning but that doesn't seem to be happening lol

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2022, 09:31:41 AM »
There are a number of gaming cons that went online during the pandemic, and many of them are continuing their online presence. Gen Con and Gary Con are obviously the biggest.

Since Gary Con is this coming weekend, they have dropped virtual ticket prices to $5. However, I would check the event schedule and see what is still available before you book... a lot of stuff is sold out.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
I will say You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is a phenomenal con, and I'm not just saying that cause it's here in Philly.  Next year I'm gonna get a hotel and stay overnight all weekend.  Great games and such.  This past year I played in a TPK tournament and our group came in second, but we got the top prize offered (dice) by the sponsors as well, it was a blast.  I highly encourage.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2022, 12:13:06 PM »
I went to PaxUnplugged in 2021 as well and I've been going since their first year. It's certainly not as big as say GenCon in the US but for what it provides, to me, it's great. Hopefully once the pandemic dies away some of the missing companies come back.

I'm hearing PaxEast is also going to have a large tabletop component this year.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:59:57 PM by mllNY »
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2022, 02:16:56 PM »
I would definitely do Pax Unplugged if we were closer. I was looking at PAX West, but outside of True Dungeon, there seems to be almost nothing in the way of rpgs/tabletop games. We go to Gen Con every year, and also attend a local gaming con (Kubla Con) which brings in about 10,000 people (pre-COVID).

Funny story... we actually have tickets to Origins this year. Last year we did Origins Online, and it was so messed up that most people attending missed half their games. As an apology, they refunded everyone's fees/badge costs, and gave us all free tickets to Origins in person this year. But the timing and location of the in-person con is such that we're not going to attend, even with the free badges.

Offline Hgmaddhatter

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2022, 03:27:18 PM »
I haven't been to a large gaming convention yet but I have friends that go... I definitely need to add it to my vacation lists. Philly isn't too bad, we get cheap flights typically from Tampa so I'll look into Pax. I'm fairly new to conventions in general so now I have a whole list of things to research!! I like the idea of virtual cons since I have a toddler and it's hard to commit to a lot of trips. I'm hoping he will enjoy conventions as he gets older and can tag along to some lol.

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2022, 01:06:17 PM »
100% Soft just launched a kickstarter for Dumpster Fire Party, a storytelling game, based on his dumpster fire toys.

There are special pledges available for this week only.

2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2022, 06:20:35 PM »

Vote for Thimble, Wheelbarrow, Iron, Boot, Horse & Rider, or Money Bag to Bring Back from Retirement MONOPOLY Throwback Token Voting Kicks-Off Today on MonopolyTokenVote.com Follow MONOPOLY on Instagram @MonopolyGameOfficial for the Latest News