Author Topic: Bryan Fuller signing at Funko booth same time as Colony signing at Legendary  (Read 1445 times)

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
Has anyone read anything about how these signings will work/how signings at these booths have worked in the past?  I reeeeeeally want to go to both!!!

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
There's no chance of that, sorry. Don't know how the Legendary signing will work, but the Bryan Fuller signing is going to require HOURS of dedication.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There's no chance of that, sorry. Don't know how the Legendary signing will work, but the Bryan Fuller signing is going to require HOURS of dedication.
Why hours of dedication? It clearly says NO LINING UP EARLY.

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
I don't think there will be lining up early, so much as people milling around pretending they're not waiting for the line to start. And yes, I expect that to start early. But hey! Maybe I'll be wrong about this. Good luck either way.

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
I have some suspicions.  This reminds me of a few years back when there was going to be a Breaking Bad booth signing that they said there would be no lining up early, no tickets, just show up 20 minutes early.  We didn't believe them and kept asking at the booth.  Eventually we were given tickets.  There was almost a riot when the people who had been told "no tickets" showed up and were told they needed tickets. 

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
Yeah, they may have had the best of intentions by saying to just stroll by 20 minutes before, but people at Comic Con are overachievers, and have good reason to be suspicious of those "sounds too good to be true" opportunities.

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
That's pretty messed up that the were either lying or simply didn't have their staff on the same page.  As for your dilemma, check in on both booths during preview night/Thursday to see what requirements there are (tickets, random drawing, just show up, etc).  If one or both give you tickets/wristbands there is a chance for you to get both.  Go to one of the signings super early (or as early as they will allow you) and be one of the first to get a signing, then when done, head on over and go to the next line and be at the end.  It may involve a big block of time, but you can do.

Otherwise, pick which one you really want and stick with it.

And like others asked, get confirmation, then ask for confirmation from someone else just to make sure.

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why hours of dedication? It clearly says NO LINING UP EARLY.
But the official line starts and hour before the signing does, and with 144 people (maybe more, if they let people into the signing who aren't buying the figure) the signing is going to take at least an hour and a half. If everything runs smoothly and on time.

So I'd say it's approximately a 2 hour venture for most, unless you get in the very front of the line.

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
Encouraging news!

There's going to be a Colony panel over at Nerd HQ!  Those panels are notoriously hard to get but maybe this one will be a LITTLE less hard to get.  I remember a few for new shows last year that weren't insane.  They also do photo-ops there and hopefully that cast will get in on the fun!  It's a lot of "if"s and hope but it's at least something more!

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
NEVER MIND ABOUT THAT HOPE!

Colony panel at Nerd HQ at same time as Hannibal Panel.  Bad year to be a Lost and Hannibal fan...

Starting to consider giving up on the Bryan Fuller funko signing.  Soooooo limited!