Author Topic: Early Bird Hotel 2015 are open  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Re: Early Bird Hotel 2015 are open
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:33:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I book a room in early bird sale for two person, can I add later two guests more? Or I need to book a room for four people from the begining?

Maybe call Travel Planners and check with them before booking?  I would think as long as it doesn't involve a change in room type it should be fine, meaning don't book a room with one bed hoping to change to two beds later.  That might be problematic. 

Offline emdeme

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »
Hi guys, well you sure know how to make everything exciting, don't you?  First the Open registration and now the hotel sales!  As a newbie from Australia I am finding this all a bit overwhelming so will opt for the Early Bird sale.  My nerves can't take a 'hotel lottery'!  The badge sale at 3.00 am our time was stressful enough! Can anyone please advise a hotel from the list with carparking, hopefully a pool, and maybe a fridge in the room?  I have Thursday and Sunday badges, my partner is approved for press.  We will not need to be close by as we just want to soak up the atmosphere rather than be in 4.00 am line ups (fun though that sounds).  And I may want to wander off on my no-badge days and look at other things.  This may be contrary to what you veterans will do but as first timers we will just be dipping a toe in this time around at ComicCon.  So maybe a hotel that is nice to spend some time in rather than just a bed for the night.  Any help would be appreciated!  PS I have never been to the US before and it is all very exciting! ^-^

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:16:29 PM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 06:38:18 AM »
Can anyone please advise a hotel from the list with carparking, hopefully a pool, and maybe a fridge in the room?

The Best Western Seven Seas has lots of parking and an outdoor pool.  They also have a restaurant and laundry on site.  I stayed in a one bedroom and it had a mini fridge, but I'm not sure they would have one in a studio room (which is what you get through Travel Planners).  I'm sure you could call or email them directly and ask.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
SDCC Early Bird Hotel 2015 are open
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »
Hi guys, well you sure know how to make everything exciting, don't you?  First the Open registration and now the hotel sales!  As a newbie from Australia I am finding this all a bit overwhelming so will opt for the Early Bird sale.  My nerves can't take a 'hotel lottery'!  The badge sale at 3.00 am our time was stressful enough! Can anyone please advise a hotel from the list with carparking, hopefully a pool, and maybe a fridge in the room?  I have Thursday and Sunday badges, my partner is approved for press.  We will not need to be close by as we just want to soak up the atmosphere rather than be in 4.00 am line ups (fun though that sounds).  And I may want to wander off on my no-badge days and look at other things.  This may be contrary to what you veterans will do but as first timers we will just be dipping a toe in this time around at ComicCon.  So maybe a hotel that is nice to spend some time in rather than just a bed for the night.  Any help would be appreciated!  PS I have never been to the US before and it is all very exciting! ^-^
I can't imagine a hotel in SoCal without a pool.  Most have free parking in the mission valley area, i think the T&C is the exception.  I don't know abt fridges in room. dive into the hotels web sites to answer your questions?
i'd suggest you look at the Town&Country due to the close badge pickup, shopping mall, trolley locations.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:08:32 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline emdeme

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 01:38:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I will email the hotels to check the details.  I really appreciate all the information provided here, it helped me prepare for the badge sale and I will keep reading all the threads to try to prepare for the big days.  Good luck to all in the hotel lottery.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 01:42:34 PM »
it may say on the hotels web site if there's a mini fridge in the room
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 01:51:08 PM »
We stayed at Best Western Seven Seas last year. I don't remember there being any distinction between a studio or one-bedroom. There were 4 of us, and we had a standard room with 2 beds, and our room had a mini-fridge. Parking was free and easy there.

In 2013, we stayed at the Hilton Mission Valley, and parking was $14/night.

This year, we're going to try for a downtown hotel for the first time... So, we'll see what happens!

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 08:03:39 AM »
I'm interested in staying at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina and I'm trying to convince a friend it's a good location/hotel to stay at for SDCC. She is VERY picky (has mild OCD), as it's the closest to downtown and I really don't want to end up in Hotel Circle. I haven't seen many comments about the hotel, does anyone here have any?
Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
I'm interested in staying at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina and I'm trying to convince a friend it's a good location/hotel to stay at for SDCC. She is VERY picky (has mild OCD), as it's the closest to downtown and I really don't want to end up in Hotel Circle. I haven't seen many comments about the hotel, does anyone here have any?

I posted my review in the other thread. To put it short, I loved the hotel!

If people are looking at nice hotels during the pre-sale, I definitely recommend the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. It's located on Harbor Island, away from all of the con hustle and bustle, and is the first of only three stops on its SDCC shuttle route. The commute with the stops is at most 15 minutes heading to the convention center, which is the same if not better than most mission valley hotels. It has a huge pool, jacuzzi, bar, a pretty decent restaurant, and a starbucks in the lobby. I thought the rooms were very nice and fit four nicely, and had the bonus of a great view of the harbor/ocean. It's one of the more expensive hotels in the pre-sale, but I feel the rating speaks for itself. Definitely worth it if you're looking for a nicer hotel but don't want to take the risk of going for a downtown hotel.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
yes, i am resurrecting an old post.  I figured folks would like to get an idea of that the early bird hotels looked like last year.  Sorry there isn't a clear price list