Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 117159 times)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
Apologises in advance for this little rant.

I saw Funko advertise a 3 piece Ramona Flowers dorbz set. I went straight to the site and looked to order it as it's limited to 2500.
Turns out Funko only ship to the US. I'm sorry... only to the US???!!! WTF!!!! Do they not realise it's 2017 and worldwide shipping is now a given?! No don't worry Funko. You keep your one country attitude and don't worry about all the other fans around the world. No no I insist. You stick to your antiquated sales methods. Keep those blinkers on.

Rant over. Sorry peeps.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Apologises in advance for this little rant.

I saw Funko advertise a 3 piece Ramona Flowers dorbz set. I went straight to the site and looked to order it as it's limited to 2500.
Turns out Funko only ship to the US. I'm sorry... only to the US???!!! WTF!!!! Do they not realise it's 2017 and worldwide shipping is now a given?! No don't worry Funko. You keep your one country attitude and don't worry about all the other fans around the world. No no I insist. You stick to your antiquated sales methods. Keep those blinkers on.

Rant over. Sorry peeps.
I don't know why they are like that. Seems very narrow minded. I don't know if their shop exclusives show up anywhere else like Pop Cultcha or Forbidden Planet. That's how a lot of the international folks I know get the Funko exclusives from other US stores. I would be willing to order one for you and ship it to you or bring it to SDCC. I bought a set for myself. They are so cool. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 03:05:55 PM »

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
I don't know why they are like that. Seems very narrow minded. I don't know if their shop exclusives show up anywhere else like Pop Cultcha or Forbidden Planet. That's how a lot of the international folks I know get the Funko exclusives from other US stores. I would be willing to order one for you and ship it to you or bring it to SDCC. I bought a set for myself. They are so cool. It's one of my favorite movies of all time.
It's just completely ridiculous. I want to give them money but they won't accept it because of them not moving forward.

Forbidden Planet do get some bits. It's mainly just the standard Funko's rather than the special editions.

It is very kind of you to offer. It still annoys me that I have to rely on the kindness of a fellow nerd to buy a nerd product.

And yes you are correct, it is one of the best films ever. Made ahead of its time. Give it five years and people will finally understand why it's such a great film 😀

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »

Comickaze Presents: Colectivo Mapache Comic Art Workshop
Comickaze - Liberty Station - Barracks 15

Saturday, April 1 at 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM PDT. In conjunction with the Latin American Art Festival, Colectivo Mapache joins us from Tijuana Mexico to teach you CHARACTER DESIGN! Open to anyone 7 years old and up, all you need to bring is your imagination and enthusiasm!! Space is limited but we will have multiple opportunities for participants.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2017, 08:39:12 PM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
GameStop customers, check in:

If you’ve shopped at GameStop.com between mid-September and early February, it’s possible your credit card information has been compromised according to a report by the web security blog, KrebsOnSecurity. After reaching out to the video game retailer about the breach, GameStop confirmed to KrebsOnSecurity that it had been notified by a third party that possible payment card data used for purchases on the company’s internet storefront were being sold on another website.

“That day a leading security firm was engaged to investigate these claims. Gamestop has and will continue to work non-stop to address this report and take appropriate measures to eradicate any issue that may be identified,” the company said in its statement to Krebs. Krebs is also reporting that CVV2s, the three-digit security codes on the backs of credit cards, are among the information that was stolen in addition to credit card numbers, expiration dates, and addresses. CVV2 information isn’t supposed to be stored by online stores, but hackers can use malicious software to copy the data before it’s encrypted and processed.

“We regret any concern this situation may cause for our customers,” GameStop said in its statement to Krebs. “GameStop would like to remind its customers that it is always advisable to monitor payment card account statements for unauthorized charges.” GameStop has not yet responded to a request for comment.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »
8)

San Diego, the Red Bull Air Race is this weekend. Plenty of parking available at  @SDConventionCtr #RedBull #extreme

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:08 PM »
About time somebody wrote about this important topic:

Not a complete discussion, they left out things like spider-webs and airplanes.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2017, 07:57:21 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
Oh thank goodness, they're magnets! I was have having horrific visions of having to run around SDCC for 5 days collecting all of those if they were buttons/pins.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »
R2? Fire up the converters grill:

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2017, 06:09:33 AM »
Long overdue:

James Earl Jones is to be honored at this year’s Tony Awards with a special prize for lifetime achievement in theater.

The awards administration committee announced Thursday that Mr. Jones, a renowned stage, film and television actor with an unforgettably deep voice, would be given the recognition at the awards ceremony June 11.

Mr. Jones, 86, is a theater regular who has appeared in 20 Broadway plays, starting with “Sunrise at Campobello” in 1958. He most recently appeared in a revival of “The Gin Game” in 2015. He has won two Tonys, in 1969 for “The Great White Hope” (when Clive Barnes, a New York Times critic, wrote, “If anyone deserves to become that occasional thing, a star overnight, then Mr. Jones deserves no less”) and in 1987 for “Fences.” About that performance, Frank Rich, a critic for The Times, wrote, “A black man, a free man, a descendant of slaves, a menial laborer, a father, a husband, a lover - Mr. Jones’s Troy embraces all the contradictions of being black and male and American in his time.”

He has performed in multiple television shows, like “The Guiding Light” and “Roots,” and many films, like “Dr. Strangelove” and “The Lion King.” But he is best known as the voice of Darth Vader in the “Star Wars” films.

The Tony Awards previously announced two other honorary prizes: Baayork Lee, an actress, choreographer and director who founded the National Asian Artists Project and is best known as a member of the original cast of “A Chorus Line,” will receive the Isabelle Stevenson Tony Award, which recognizes volunteerism, while two longtime general managers, Nina Lannan and Alan Wasser, will receive Tony Honors for Excellence in the Theater.

The Tony Awards, presented by the Broadway League and the American Theater Wing, honor plays and musicals that are staged on Broadway each season. This year’s award nominees will be announced next Tuesday, May 2.

TravT77

« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
Just found this and thought there would maybe ;) be someone else in here who could appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »
:D

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023