Author Topic: Good places to eat in anaheim  (Read 70720 times)

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
Re: Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 12:00:08 PM »
If you have a car, there are a BUNCH of eateries one exit south of the Disney Drive exit, at The City Dr. There's a mall there, The Block at Orange. Last I was there, they had a Market Broiler, which had some great seafood; they've also got an El Torito, a Friday's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Johnny Rocket's (There's also one at the GardenWalk if you don't have a car).

And if you want to make a 15 min. drive, there's a place in Tustin, on Newport Ave (on the east side of the 5 freeway) called Wahoo's Fish Tacos. BEST FISH TACOS EVER!!!

Yzrfan

Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »
How long ago have you been at the block? It's kind of a dump. You have the same stuff on harbor that you do at the block. Wahoo's are all over.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:57:50 AM »

Yzrfan

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
There is a wahoos closer on chapman.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How long ago have you been at the block? It's kind of a dump. You have the same stuff on harbor that you do at the block. Wahoo's are all over.

The Block has really cleaned up over the past few years. It's one of the nicer outdoor shopping centers now-a-days. It's certainly more popular than GardenWalk.

Yzrfan

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »
Ok when were you last there? Guess we've gone at different times. If people were coming from out of town I would suggest the spectrum over the block. It's much nicer and in a better area too.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
Ok when were you last there? Guess we've gone at different times. If people were coming from out of town I would suggest the spectrum over the block. It's much nicer and in a better area too.

I live in Tustin, I was actually at The Block, Downtown Disney, AND The Spectrum last week. I too prefer the spectrum over the block and Downtown Disney but the block certainly isn't a dump.

Offline Sprzout

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »

The Spectrum IS nicer, but you're looking at a half hour drive. I was never really impressed because it just seemed very shi-shi/upscale where the Real Housewives of Orange County would always hang out.

There are some nice eateries there, but it's a MUCH further drive than the Block.

And as for Wahoo's on Chapman, I didn't know about that one; I knew about the one near South Coast Plaza, the one at the Spectrum, the one on Main in Huntington Beach, and the one in Tustin. :-) I'll have to make a note of the Chapman one for the next time the wife and I go to Disneyland!

Yzrfan

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Sprouts the wahoo's on chapman is by the orange circle.

Yzrfan

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 08:31:50 AM »
TFR i live in Mission Viejo. I too was at Disneyland and the Spectrum last week too. Disneyland was a mess because of the half marathon and the spectrum was kind of nice had to go to apple store

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:08 AM »
Sprouts the wahoo's on chapman is by the orange circle.

If you're gonna go out to there to eat, then Bruxie's is a nice option for waffle sandwiches. There's also Felix's for Cuban. It's probably a bit further out for the out of towners but if you have a car and want to get away from the crowds, it's a nice place to have a meal and then go for a walk. There's are a couple of bars (I'd probably recommend Haven Gastropub).
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Yzrfan

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
Orange circle is a cool area.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »
Oh and definitely for the out of towners, try and hit up some of the food trucks. Most are on Twitter and will be out late. The two that I like most are Dos Chinos and Bacon Mania.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Yzrfan

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
I'm sure they will have a couple at the con.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Bacon Mania? Now that's a place I *have* to try!

Yzrfan

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 10:01:13 PM »
Down the 91 from the 57 is Slaters 50/50. It's been on a couple food shows about bacon. They have the bacon milkshakes and brownies.