Author Topic: It's Stranger Things Day!  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
It's Stranger Things Day!
« on: November 06, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
On this date in 1983, Will Byers disappeared.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: It's Stranger Things Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »
New Coke

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Beginning May 23 at 5 p.m. ET, Coca-Colawill release a limited number of 12-oz. cans of New Coke – yes, the same recipe from 1985 – as part of a bundle that includes two New Coke cans along with a limited-edition and numbered Stranger Things/Coca-Cola and Coke Zero Sugar 8-oz. glass bottle at CokeStore.com/1985.

Fans can also get their hands on New Coke via an “upside-down” Stranger Things-inspired vending machine that will pop up in select cities, starting May 23 in New York, to dispense free cans of New Coke for a limited time. And fans who buy a ticket to the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta or make a purchase of $19.85 or more at Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas on select days during the week of June 3 will have a chance to get New Coke cans as a gift, while supplies last.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:21:34 PM by SamTurtledove »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:47:14 PM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 02:20:41 PM »
Coke site getting an "expected" 504 Gateway Time-Out.

The Stanger Things/New Coke set was listed as  $19.95 with Free Shipping and other ST themed apparel available.

edit actual price looks to be $19.85
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:25:31 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »
Coke site getting an "expected" 504 Gateway Time-Out.

The Stanger Things/New Coke set was listed as  $19.95 with Free Shipping and other ST themed apparel available.

How many were available for that price?  And if it's not too extreme, I hope they ship to Hawaii.  Most places don't.  But it'd be super cool to have them for July 4th.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
How many were available for that price?  And if it's not too extreme, I hope they ship to Hawaii.  Most places don't.  But it'd be super cool to have them for July 4th.

175,000  The website still slow, although the page did load for a second. 

Gift with purchase! Order the Stranger Things Limited Edition Collector’s Pack and receive 2 cans of NEW COKE.

FAQ
•What is included in the Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack?

•Each Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack contains one collectible 8 oz. Stranger Things 3 Coke bottle, one collectible 8 oz. Stranger Things 3 Coke Zero Sugar bottle and two limited-edition cans of the 1985 New Coke recipe. The Stranger Things 3 bottles are 8 oz. glass and the cans are 12 oz. aluminum. Each of the Stranger Things 3 bottles are numbered to reflect their finite quantity.

•How much does the Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack cost? How much is shipping?

•A limited-edition pack, which features two collectible Stranger Things 3 bottles (one Coca-Cola and one Coca-Cola Zero Sugar) plus two limited-edition cans of the 1985 new Coke recipe can be purchased on CokeStore.com/1985 for $19.85. This is inclusive of shipping.
•Your order containing a Stranger Things 1985 Collector’s Pack will receive free ground shipping.   Free shipping will be applied to everything on the order. Any expedited service selected will be an additional fee.
•Regular shipping fees will apply to any order that does NOT contain a Stranger Things 1985 Collector’s pack.

•Can I purchase the can of New Coke separately?

•We love that fans are excited about our summer promotion and this limited-time relaunch. New Coke is not available for individual sale. Fans can receive a limited-edition can of New Coke (the actual recipe that debuted in 1985) with the purchase of a Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack on CokeStore.com/1985 as a gift with purchase or at one of the designated events throughout the country, while supplies last. For a list of events, visit Cokestore.com/1985.

•How long will New Coke be available at CokeStore.com/1985?

•Fans can receive a complimentary limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe with the purchase of a Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack at CokeStore.com/1985 while supplies last.

•How many Stranger Things Limited Edition Collector’s Packs are available on CokeStore.com/1985?

•There are 175,000 available.  They will be available while supplies last.

•Are the Stranger Things 3 bottles customizable?

•No, they are not.

•Will you offer other Stranger Things bottles or merchandise?

•Yes! We’re excited to offer both Stranger Things and New Coke apparel while supplies last at CokeStore.com/1985.

•Is there a limit on how many purchases I can make?

•Yes, there will be a maximum of four Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Packs per order. Fans may place as many orders as they would like

•Why do you have a limit on the purchase?

•We’re excited to extend this offer and want to ensure as many fans as possible have a chance to participate in this limited-time offer.

•Can I return my purchase?

•No returns will be accepted. Please contact CokeStore.com consumer affairs at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or 1-800-557-4616 with any questions.

•What if my shipment arrives damaged?

•If your shipment arrives damaged, please contact You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login within two business days. Please provide a photo as proof of damage.

•I can’t get my order completed at CokeStore.com or the site is not working.

•Please contact CokeStore.com consumer affairs at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or 1-800-557-4616 for questions regarding placing an order. Please note that we cannot process payments over the phone.

•How long will the bottle packs take to ship?

•The Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack will ship in about two weeks. Fans can expect delivery within three weeks for most locations. Please refer to the tracking information you will receive via email approximately two weeks post order for more details. For more information about shipping and handling, visit CokeStore.com.

•Can I apply a discount to this?

•At this time, no discounts can be applied.

•You’re sold out of the New Coke! Where else can I purchase it?

•Fans can receive a limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe at one of the designated events throughout the country, while supplies last. For a list of events, visit [website]. We’re also excited to offer fans additional Stanger Things 3 and New Coke apparel on CokeStore.com which you can find at CokeStore.com/1985.

•Why do I have to purchase the Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack to receive a complimentary can of New Coke?

•We’re excited to offer a limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe as a limited-time gift with the purchase of the Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack on CokeStore.com.

•Where can I find nutritional information for all products in the bottle packs?

•Please see CokeStore.com/personalized-bottle-ingredients.

About Coca-Cola and Stranger Things

•Why did Coke partner with “Stranger Things” Season 3?
•Coca-Cola’s partnership with NETFLIX as part of Stranger Things 3 gives us the chance to be part of one of summer’s most anticipated pop culture moments and do something truly daring – and unexpected – to transport people back to 1985.

•What’s the connection between Coca-Cola and “Stranger Things” Season 3?
•Coca-Cola has been part of Stranger Things since the beginning – from Eleven crushing a Coke can in Hawkins Lab  in Season 1, to using ‘80s Coca-Cola commercials throughout the series.
Coca-Cola worked closely with Duffer Brothers and ensured authenticity by offering access to our company archives and creating replica New Coke props for use in filming.

•Why did you decide to do a limited launch of New Coke for this program?
•Stranger Things 3 is centered around the idea that “one summer can change everything.” Coincidentally, the summer of 1985 changed everything for Coca-Cola. To celebrate – and for the first time ever – Coca-Cola will bring back a limited supply of New Coke this summer – yes, the actual recipe that debuted in 1985.

•Is this the actual New Coke product? Can I consume it? When does it expire?
•This is the original recipe of New Coke from 1985.  It can be consumed. Expiration information is contained on the can.

•Why is there limited quantity?
•As this is not an existing product in the market, we only produced a limited run.

•What are the other events I can attend?
•For a list of events, visit cokestore.com/1985.

•Will you have more cans in the future?
•This offer is only tied to this promotion. We don’t anticipate producing more cans. Thanks!

About New Coke

•When was it launched?
•On April 23, 1985, The Coca-Cola Company introduced a new version of Coca-Cola for the first time in 99 years – intending to reenergize the brand.

•How many cans are being reproduced?
•We are only doing one run of cans to serve CokeStore.com and limited events this summer.

•How long was New Coke sold for in 1985?
•New Coke was sold for 79 days.

•Why did the Company stop producing it?
•New Coke taught us that our fans are extremely passionate about our brand and the great Coca-Cola Classic taste. It’s that fan passion that has helped propel Coke to the iconic brand that it is today.

•Why are you bringing it back if no one liked it / it failed?
•It’s been 34 years since Coca-Cola developed the New Coke recipe and put it into production – but with its cameo in Season 3 of Stranger Things, it was only fitting that Coca-Cola bring back a limited-supply of New Coke in the summer of 2019.

About New Coke Events

•How early can I arrive to the events?
•World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta: The gates to Pemberton Place, home of World of Coca-Cola, open at 8 a.m. Starting at 9 a.m. guests can purchase a ticket to receive the complimentary can per full-priced ticket. This offer is only available at walk-up ticketing on a first-come, first-serve basis. Note that quantities are limited and not guaranteed. Tickets will not be sold online.

•Coca-Cola Store, Las Vegas: Guests are welcome to arrive at Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas on June 4 starting at 8 a.m. to line up. Guests will be lined up on the fourth floor of the sky bridge at Showcase Mall to receive a card to redeem at checkout for a complimentary gift of a limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe with a minimum purchase of $19.85 of merchandise, while supplies last. Guests will be able to enter Coca-Cola Store Las Vegas starting at 9 a.m. This offer is available on a first-come, first-serve basis and quantities are limited. Minimum purchase does not apply to purchases made at the Coca-Cola beverage bar.

•Do I need to purchase tickets?
•World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta: Yes, a full-priced walk-up ticket purchase is required to receive a limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe upon entry to the attraction. Please note that there’s a limit of one can per person, per full-priced general admission ticket.

•Coca-Cola Store, Las Vegas: Tickets are not required to receive a card to redeem at checkout for a complimentary limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe, but quantities are limited to the 1,000 cans that are available. A minimum purchase of $19.85 worth of merchandise is required to receive the complimentary can.

•How many cans will be available at each event?
•There will be approximately 1,000 cans distributed at each event.

•Will I get more than one can if I exceed the minimum purchase or buy more tickets?
•World of Coca-Cola, Atlanta: This offer is limited to one can per person, per full-priced general admission ticket.

•Coca-Cola Store, Las Vegas: Guests will receive a card upon entry to the store. Guests must complete a minimum purchase of $19.85 worth of merchandise and redeem their card at checkout to receive a complimentary limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe. One can per card. First come, first served while supplies last.

•What happens at these events? Are you doing any additional activities? •World of Coca-Cola: After entering World of Coca-Cola, guests can experience all the amenities available with a general admission full-priced ticket. These include: meeting the Coca-Cola Polar Bear, tasting 100+ beverages from around the world and more. No additional activities are planned during this promotion.

•Coca-Cola Store: Guests will experience the same amenities available upon any visit to Coca-Cola Store. These include: meeting the friendly Coca-Cola Polar Bear and enjoying delicious beverages at the Coca-Cola beverage bar. No additional activities are planned during this promotion.

•If I get a card at the Las Vegas store, can I make a purchase at any point during the day to receive my can of New Coke? •Guests can redeem their cards at checkout for a complimentary limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe with a minimum purchase of $19.85 worth of merchandise until 12 p.m. the day of the event. The offer is limited while supplies last so earlier purchases are encouraged to avoid running out of product. Cards that are not redeemed by noon will no longer be valid.

•I already purchased World of Coca-Cola tickets online for those dates. Do I get a can of New Coke upon arrival? •This offer is only valid for tickets purchased at a walk-up ticketing windows at World of Coca-Cola June 4-6, 2019.

•Is this offer valid with my CityPASS or group purchase? •The offer is only valid for full-priced general admission tickets purchased at World of Coca-Cola June 4-6, 2019. The gift is not valid with other purchases including CityPASS or group tickets.

•I missed the event! Can I get a can of New Coke anywhere else? •We’re sorry we missed you! Fans can receive a limited-edition can of the 1985 New Coke recipe with a purchase of a Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack at CokeStore.com/1985, while supplies last. Supplies are limited and are first-come, first-serve. There may be more Stranger Things 3/New Coke events this summer but none that are announced at this time.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 05:35:11 PM »
175,000  The website still slow, although the page did load for a second. 

Oops sorry I meant how many are in each pack but it looks like that's answered in what you quoted:

•Each Stranger Things 1985 Limited Edition Collector's Pack contains one collectible 8 oz. Stranger Things 3 Coke bottle, one collectible 8 oz. Stranger Things 3 Coke Zero Sugar bottle and two limited-edition cans of the 1985 New Coke recipe. The Stranger Things 3 bottles are 8 oz. glass and the cans are 12 oz. aluminum. Each of the Stranger Things 3 bottles are numbered to reflect their finite quantity.

So it looks like 4 for $20 basically.  But they aren't intended for drinking but collecting it looks like.  Which makes sense given the cost.  Definitely don't drink a numbered collectors edition item lol

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 06:18:59 PM »
Oops sorry I meant how many are in each pack but it looks like that's answered in what you quoted:

So it looks like 4 for $20 basically.  But they aren't intended for drinking but collecting it looks like.  Which makes sense given the cost.  Definitely don't drink a numbered collectors edition item lol

Is this the actual New Coke product? Can I consume it? When does it expire?

•This is the original recipe of New Coke from 1985.  It can be consumed. Expiration information is contained on the can.

Confusing, so if it's two per pack, and their production run was around 500,000 cans You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login leaves about 150,000 cans for other onsite events (the two sites would be 4000 cans total)?

direct link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  price $19.85

Guess this site runs on 1985 version of the net!

Waiting...

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 06:52:05 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 06:30:47 PM »
Definitely don't drink a numbered collectors edition item lol

I hope they build cans better now then the used to.  I hoarded coke before new coke came out.  The cans ruptured after a few years.  All but one.  It's the acid and the pressure.  The one blessed can is still intact.

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 07:47:55 PM »
I was just able to put an order in for the collector's pack Sam linked us to.  thanks Sam!  :)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 07:49:48 PM »
Wow, just opened up!  On mobile, after ordering, the page returned to same quantity as if nothing ordered.  However, PayPal and order confirmation came through!

Congrats, @rando

Edit: second order goes better, but confirmation page doesn't stay up long.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:03:17 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »
This will go nicely with my back to the future movie pepsi and funko pop sodas.   ;D

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »
Open now, they fixed the site!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 07:14:08 AM »
Glad to finally get one after the mess.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
I did more than one order, but had no problem getting confirmations.

Coke send out this today.

Thank you for your interest in Stranger Things 3 and New Coke. We want to apologize for any problems you might have encountered with our website when the promotion launched on May 23rd. In some cases, due to technical issues on our site, some customers unintentionally placed the same order multiple times.

We are refunding and cancelling these duplicate orders and will only fulfil the first order placed, as we believe that generally, the subsequent orders were placed inadvertently. This will be done automatically and no action is needed on your part to be refunded for any multiple orders.  Please note that it may take up to 4 business days for refunds to appear on credit card statements or other accounts.

Shipping for all New Coke and Stranger Things Limited Edition Bottle Packs begins week of June 3 and orders will be received within 2 weeks.  There is stock available at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you want to order more product.  Please know that your loyalty and patronage are greatly appreciated.  If you have further questions, please reach out to Coke Store via Contact Us and you will receive a response within the next two business days.

Update:  Got my PayPal refunds for the second and third orders today.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 02:42:05 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 02:34:18 PM »
Baskin Robbins promotion.

The Funko Pop! and other merchandise may not have the same prices at all stores, at least you can get a Demogorgan sundae and other treats!

Edit: more treat options in July

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:37:51 PM by SamTurtledove »