Author Topic: Grand Plaza at Anaheim Convention Center  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Grand Plaza at Anaheim Convention Center
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
SO that picture was taken from the convention center? I'm trying to place the location...

Yzrfan

Grand Plaza at Anaheim Convention Center
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »
It looks like at the entrance of it off of convention way. You have harbor Boulevard in the distance. The Hilton is on the left side and the Marriott is on the right.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:52:24 PM »

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
It was taken from inside the convention center on the 3rd floor balcony.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was taken from inside the convention center on the 3rd floor balcony.

Thank you, I thought it was something like that. It looks very nice!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
Thank you, I thought it was something like that. It looks very nice!

Very cool way of utilizing space.  NAMM used it for pretty much constant concerts all week (this is obviously the back of the stage).  I wasn't around when it was (kind of) raining, so I'm not sure how that worked.  I can't imagine, though, how WonderCon could utilize this space: especially after last year's awful weather.  Comic-Con could really use something like this, though.  I don't think WonderCon has any of the exhibitors outside the way Comic-Con does.  It is a nice, scenic walk approaching the front of the convention center.

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »
Don't be too jealous: it's just as crowded as smells just as funky as Comic-Con  :P

Only a couple places did I feel that the floor was as crowded as comic-con, just at the passages between the halls. NAMM said they expected 100k attendees, up from 95k last year. How come getting into NAMM is such a joy, compared with entrance into comic-con?

The new stage area was beautiful, some of the best sound mix ever, that I've heard in a live venue. And some handy "roach coach" type trucks in the area made it easy to hang there.

Plus as a bonus, lots of people dress up!
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"

Yzrfan

Grand Plaza at Anaheim Convention Center
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
How was it compared to the WB area outside of SDCC last year?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
Only a couple places did I feel that the floor was as crowded as comic-con, just at the passages between the halls. NAMM said they expected 100k attendees, up from 95k last year. How come getting into NAMM is such a joy, compared with entrance into comic-con?

The new stage area was beautiful, some of the best sound mix ever, that I've heard in a live venue. And some handy "roach coach" type trucks in the area made it easy to hang there.

Plus as a bonus, lots of people dress up!

Yeah, the crowds aren't that bad.  I do think the Comic-Con fans are easier to deal with than the NAMM crowds (yes, I'm a musician.  yes, we can be idiotic ding-dongs at times), but I'd put the parties from NAMM above the CCI parties for the most part.  And NAMM is the only place where you can be talking to friends in a room, have to room go into sudden lockdown, and then watch an impromptu concert by Stevie Wonder (happened a few years ago, not this year unfortunately).

I agree that sound was pretty off the hook from the outdoor stage, though I would expect incredible sound from folks at NAMM (NO ONE at NAMM wants to be judged as "meh" by their peers).

True, about the dress up thing, though I think the stench factor of NAMM isn't too far off from CCI (though sometimes the "stench" from a NAMM attendee is of the herbal variety  ;) )