Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50340 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I remember reading somewhere that all US located badges aren't mailed out until June or something like that for consolidation.

It's true that badges won't be mailed out until June.

Q: I usually go to San Diego a week before Comic-Con to vacation with my family, how far in advance will you be shipping badges?

A: The exact badge shipping time frame is still in development, but we hope to ship badges about 4 weeks prior to Comic-Con 2016. During check out, make sure to enter a shipping address that would be valid for you in June 2016.

Yes, I am curious on how the badges will be mailed.  For example my friend (friend # 1) buys me 2 days in pre-reg and my badges gets mailed to her.  During open reg a different friend (friend # 2) buys my other two days.  Then does the second batch get mailed to friend #2 or will it combined and go to friend #1's address?  hmmmm

That's one of the questions I e-mailed to CCI, so hopefully, they'll get back with a response in a timely manner.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:38:37 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2016, 09:18:38 AM »
Ahhhh, I just found out my shipping address will change in the near future (not sure to what yet). I hope I can have them delivered there, or cancel the shipping so I can pick them up on site.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 07:37:12 AM »

Offline LaDracul

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
Has the link to check compatibility been released?
Going to C2E2 and SDCC

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
I don't see it in the instructions and I tried the link from pre-registration.  It doesn't work anymore.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline LaDracul

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2016, 12:23:08 PM »
I don't see it in the instructions and I tried the link from pre-registration.  It doesn't work anymore.

I do hope they'll send one on Friday...
Going to C2E2 and SDCC

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »
I do hope they'll send one on Friday...
I figure a FAQ today and a technical check tomorrow.

If we get another Walkthrough, that'll have the new sale's link to the browser check (I remember someone found it in preregistration!), I bet.

Edit: In prereg was forum member Fazermint's discovery! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:41:36 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »
from Shoutbox
[16|Feb 04:55 PM] AzT: Comic-Con Badge Sale: Your Most Burning Questions! -> [link]

Yeah, we're gonna get a walkthrough video!!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"We encourage you to check this blog daily, as we will be posting more helpful hints, tips, a registration walk-thru video, and important information regarding badge shipment in the days preceding Open Registration."

edit: added [member=2163]AzT[/member] 's Shoutbox posting time and forum archive link.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:27:14 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2016, 10:02:49 AM »
From their twitter feed, a topic which will no doubt be reviewed further in those helpful hints:

Q: Alexis Pond ‏@lexislovesx  17h17 hours ago

@Comic_Con how long does it usually take to get selected/buy a badge? Once you're selected, how long do you have to purchase the badge ...

A: San Diego Comic-Con ‏@Comic_Con  17h17 hours ago

@lexislovesx You will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session. #SDCCOR

(See: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Additional replies to open online registration questions ->

[Also, UT write-up about open online registration ->

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:59:51 AM by AzT »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2016, 02:52:50 PM »
From their twitter feed, a topic which will no doubt be reviewed further in those helpful hints:

Q: Alexis Pond ‏@lexislovesx  17h17 hours ago

@Comic_Con how long does it usually take to get selected/buy a badge? Once you're selected, how long do you have to purchase the badge ...

A: San Diego Comic-Con ‏@Comic_Con  17h17 hours ago

@lexislovesx You will have 15 minutes to complete your entire registration session. #SDCCOR

(See: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Additional replies to open online registration questions ->

[Also, UT write-up about open online registration ->

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ]
For archive

Twitter

UT text

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:57:35 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
[member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]:  Thanks for always archiving images for us on the forums!

(I find it interesting that ALL of the questions asked can be found here on the forums... in different threads, of course.  That's how awesome this community is.  Mwuhahahahaha!)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:38 PM »
CCI got back to me with this response to the questions I asked!

Here are the questions I asked and the replies they gave for each of them.

Question #1:
There is conflicting information regarding shipping addresses for badges:  The FAQs below suggest that the shipping address is final during checkout ("enter a shipping address that would be valid for you in June 2016"), but there was a yellow status bar message during the attendee pre-registration sale that indicates "If your shipping address changes after you purchase a badge today, you will have a chance to update it before we ship!"

What scenario is correct?  Will we be able to update and check the shipping address before badges are sent out in June?

CCI's answer:
If you need to update your mailing address you would need to contact us and we can update the system. Unfortunately we do not have an answer for when badges will be shipped at this time. The badges will only be mailed to the buyer and the address they provide during checkout, if the address needs to be changed the buyer needs to email us directly and we can assist further.

**What this means: At this time, only the buyer can request a change for the shipping address for the badges, and they have to e-mail CCI in order to do so.

Question #2:
Person A buys Person B's Thursday and Sunday badges in pre-registration. Then, during open registration, Person C upgrades Person B to a 4-day badge without Preview Night.  Does Person B's 4-day badge get mailed to Person B or Person C?  Or, are the badges split and mailed to two different buyers, according to whichever they purchased?  What about this situation with 4-day badges with Preview Night?

CCI's answer:
The badges will not be split and mailed to two different buyers, it will be mailed to the buyer who is purchasing the badge at the time of Open Online Registration.

**What this means: If there are two different buyers after open registration, the badges will be mailed out to the buyer from open registration.

*EDIT (February 17th, 2016): See this FAQ from CCI: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Latest FAQ says that the badges will be mailed to the buyer only, even if there is more than one buyer.

Question #3:
The FAQ indicates that a "lost in the mail or stolen badge" can be replaced on-site, but another answer in the FAQ suggests that a "stolen badge" (stolen by the buyer, that is) cannot be replaced on-site.  As the information can be interpreted as contradictory, which is correct?

CCI's reply (verbatim from the FAQs):
RFID technology will allow us to “turn off” your lost or stolen badge and issue you a new one when you arrive onsite. The badge that was lost or stolen will not be valid for entry to Comic-Con.

Question #4:
If the buyer does mail out the badges to everyone that he purchased for and Person B doesn't receive it--either it's lost in the mail, or the package is somehow undelivered--would Person B be able to pick up a replacement badge at Comic-Con, using his or her badge bar code e-mail?

CCI's reply (they copy-and-pasted this directly from the FAQs, like for #3's answer):
Comic-Con will ship all badges purchased during a registration session to the buyer only. If the buyer does not give you your badge, Comic-Con is unable to intervene on your behalf or send you a new badge. Make sure that you personally know and trust the people you are working with in a buying group.

Question #5:
Is there a fee to have a lost or stolen badge replaced on-site at Comic-Con?  If so, what is it?

CCI's reply:
We cannot advise at this time if there will be a fee for a lost or stolen badge onsite.

**What this means: This is a sugarcoated way of saying: "We don't know if we're charging people for replacing lost or stolen badges."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:41:32 PM by Zero »

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2016, 04:22:15 PM »
Thank you Zero
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
I may have to e-mail them again to clarify about lost or stolen badges and rephrase the questions more appropriately.  Their copy-and-paste responses were not satisfactory, nor did they clarify exactly what they mean.   

By the sounds of it, I believe it can be interpreted that a badge lost at-con, lost badge in the mail (meaning the buyer didn't receive it at all), and a badge stolen at-con can be replaced on-site.  However, the way they keep referring to trusting the buyer (if you're working in a buying group) suggests that they won't replace a badge if it was delivered to the buyer.  Basically, I think they're saying that they're not responsible after the badge has been delivered to the shipping address, and if the person doesn't receive the badge from the buyer, they're out of luck.

This would imply that they may have a record or database to keep track of delivered or undelivered badges...  Maybe, maybe not, but we shall see.

E-mail round two begins!  (You won't hear the last of me, Comic-Con!  HA!)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:41:56 PM by Zero »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2016, 04:49:20 PM »
Let the #ClarityGames begin ->

In one corner, From Zero's great post #205 above:

Question #2:
Person A buys Person B's Thursday and Sunday badges in pre-registration. Then, during open registration, Person C upgrades Person B to a 4-day badge without Preview Night.  Does Person B's 4-day badge get mailed to Person B or Person C?  Or, are the badges split and mailed to two different buyers, according to whichever they purchased?  What about this situation with 4-day badges with Preview Night?

CCI's answer:
The badges will not be split and mailed to two different buyers, it will be mailed to the buyer who is purchasing the badge at the time of Open Online Registration.

**What this means: If there are two different buyers after open registration, the badges will be mailed out to the buyer from open registration.

And in this corner, from:

Q: I bought three badges during Attendee Preregistration, and a friend was able to get me one more during Open Registration. Which buyer will my badges be sent to?

A: All badges will be shipped to the buyer only, regardless of when they were purchased. The three badges you purchased during preregistration will be sent to you, and the last badge purchased during Open Registration will be sent to your friend.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2016, 05:16:22 PM »

Q: I bought three badges during Attendee Preregistration, and a friend was able to get me one more during Open Registration. Which buyer will my badges be sent to?

A: All badges will be shipped to the buyer only, regardless of when they were purchased. The three badges you purchased during preregistration will be sent to you, and the last badge purchased during Open Registration will be sent to your friend.

ok, now i'm wicked confused......
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5