Author Topic: WB Legendary Films (Pacific Rim ), Hall H, 2:30-5:00  (Read 8623 times)

Offline robertee

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
WB Legendary Films (Pacific Rim ), Hall H, 2:30-5:00
« on: May 25, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Legendary Pictures: Pacific Rim-From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' epic sci-fi action adventure Pacific Rim. When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes -- a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) -- who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse. Pacific Rim also stars Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, and Charlie Day. Hall H
Modified to include^^

It looks like a Pacific Rim (or Legendary Pictures, like last year) panel is strong possibility:

Legendary Pictures, the production company that made their name with films like 300 and Batman Begins, have set their sights on yet another ambitious project.  Teaming with horror and monster movie director Guillermo del Toro, 2013 will bring us our first ever epic level giant monster vs giant robot movie.

We’ve been privy to some of this project behind the scenes since very early on and trust us - this isn’t quite what you’re expecting. In a good way.  For those that are going; look for a first reveal during this years San Diego Comicon.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Official synopsis:

From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ epic sci-fi action adventure “Pacific Rim.”

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:35:58 AM by alyssa »
SDCC 2011-12, 2017-19, 2022 | E3 2017-18 | PAX West 2017

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Pacific Rim
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:59:08 AM »

by Josh Wigler in News
"Pacific Rim" has so many of my favorite things. It's a Guillermo del Toro monster movie. It's a callback to Kaiju and anime culture. It stars actors from three of my all-time favorite shows: Charlie Hunnam of "Sons of Anarchy," Charlie Day of "Always Sunny," and Idris Elba of "The Wire" (bonus points for "Luther"). I do not need to know anything else to guarantee my attendance on opening day. <snip>"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

yep- that's on my short list, of course my short list will be very long ....  :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:07:14 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: WB Legendary Films (Pacific Rim ), Hall H, 2:30-5:00
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:24:04 AM »

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
Re: Pacific Rim
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »
So much potential win in one movie. I trust Del Toro as a filmmaker but I don't want to get too exited just yet, the potential for a letdown is huge.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »
i gotta admit, this panel's gonna be fun
I'm looking forward to all three movies, I just hope to see some footage of Kaiju!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
This isn't Godzilla that I've heard mentioned elsewhere is it?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 02:35:01 PM »
This and Del Toro's reboot of The Haunted Mansion that they announced years back are my two most looked forward to films in the next 3 years.

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
pacific rim
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »
just saw the poster for pacific rim  ;D what kind of presence will it have at comic con it doesnt say much just comic con 2012. for those who havent seen it its mecha vs giant monsters a guillermo del toro project.