Author Topic: CCI 2012 Room Shares  (Read 39373 times)

Offline redneckotaku

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
Re: CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
Name: Redneckotaku
Hotel: Any hotel on a shuttle line, Light rail or Downtown

Days Needed: Must have July 11-15, but would love a room until Monday
Price: Maximum $300-350 including Tax and Tip
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, please. Sensitive Lungs. Drinking is fine as your not stupid.

Preferences and Description:

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? Would like a bed. As long as I share a bed, I'm not worried about total numbers in a room.
    Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? Over 18. No gender preference.
    Include a brief description about yourself:  I'm a 34 year old gentlemen who doesn't smoke and rarely drinks (even at cons). Not a cosplayer. Just a chilled veteran anime and comics fan who wants his mind blown by meeting great guests like Scott Snyder.
    Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Be reasonably clean. The rest will work itself out.

If interested in having me as a roommate, email me at tstidman at verizon dot net. Put SDCC Roommate in tag line.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:59:57 PM by redneckotaku »

Offline cystikone

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »
Name: Morgan (a guy, not a girl, lol)

Hotel: Westin San Diego Emerald Plaza Downtown

Days Booked: 11th - 16th.

Price: If the room is divided by 3 the room will be $383 for the full 5 days. If the room is divided by 4 people the room is $287 for the full 5 days.  Also, if you are not staying the full 5 days we can work something out for a shorter time.

Smoking/Drinking: No/Yes.

Spaces Left: It's currently me and my cousin. We are looking for 2 extras. Read above for the cost of splitting it.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? A double room with double beds. It can fit 3 - 4. Possibly 5 with a rollout.

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?: 18 - 25. Female or Male.

Include a brief description about yourself: We're very laid back, respectful, open minded and clean. This will be our first time to the Con or out west so we're looking to have a good time and meet new people and enjoy San Diego. We are into all of the typical con stuff but we like to have fun and party. Nothing crazy, but we will be checking out the local nightlife while we're there.

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? Clean, non-smoker. Drinking is fine. Organized (don't leave your things laying everywhere). Respectful. We'll be partying so no early birds who want to call it a night at 11PM. Cosplayers and their gear are also fine.

Contact Preferences: You can get in touch with me on facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or via my email at [email protected]

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:05:36 AM »

Offline mccoypauley

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »
Name: mccoypauley (PM me for details)
Hotel: Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown

This hotel is a 10m walk from the convention center:

I didn't exactly want the more expensive bay view suite, that's what I got stuck with from the hotel lottery. I'd love to split it up with 3 or 4 people, there is a place to sleep for 3 already.

- This is a big 2-room suite with a balcony, facing the water
- There is a sofa *AND* a sofa bed
- It's a 1 king bed. If there are 3 of us, we could alternate each night. Or, if you're a couple, I'm willing to give up the bed for you guys. There's plenty of floor space too, since it's one of the larger bay view suites, but if you're not on the bed there's still the sofa and the sofa bed.

You can see all amenities here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Days Booked

I have it from Wednesday 11 - checkout on the Sunday 15th.

Price: $292 + 12.58% tax

I have 1 roommate so far, so:
- Us + You: $109.58/night ($438.31 total)
- Us + You + 1 Other: $82.18/night ($328.73 total)

Smoking/Drinking: No smoking, drinking is OK

Spaces Left: I have 1 roommate so far, so 2 spaces left.

- Parking: If you need parking, the hotel offers valet only, which is $29.00 USD per day.

- Preferences: I have no gender/age preferences as long as you can pay your share and you're a legal adult. No underage children please. Again, if you're a couple, that's great, you can have the king bed.

- Paying: I have to call to confirm what the hotel allows with respect to splitting the bill; if we can each put our card on file for check out, that's fine, but if not, then I may need everyone to pay the hotel in cash on check in. I'll update once I find out.

- About Me: I'm a male twenty-something web designer from Boston. Big on hygiene and personal space. Cosplay stuff is okay as long as you're not insane about it. Neatness and politeness goes a long way. Please no big messes, leaving your stuff everywhere, or parties in the room (unless we come up with something brilliant and everyone is okay with it).

Finally, if you're interested, please send me some kind of evidence that you're not a crazy person or a superintelligent dog, like, I dunno, a LinkedIn or Facebook profile. Happy to share mine.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:49:17 PM by mccoypauley »

Offline celestial_maiden

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »
Name: Tanya

Hotel:  Residence Inn Gaslamp *2 blocks from the convention, and they offer FREE breakfast!*

Days Booked: July 10th -16th, 2012 Tuesday - Thursday ( 6 night stay)

Price: $615.00

Smoking/Drinking: (No)

Spaces Left: Only one space is available. There will be a total of 6 people in the room. My hubby, and I will be sharing a bed, (2) others will be sharing the other. We will be bringing (2) twin air mattresses, so that no one has to sleep on the floor.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? One bedroom suite 500-600 sqft with a full kitchen.  (Only 5-6 people max)

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? Yes. Age 21+ Male or Female

Include a brief description about yourself: I am a 31 year old female cosplayer. This will be my first time attending SDCC, and I can't wait!

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.

Contact Preferences: You can PM me, or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
Name: Tanya

Hotel:  Residence Inn Gaslamp *2 blocks from the convention, and they offer FREE breakfast!*

Days Booked: July 10th -16th, 2012 Tuesday - Thursday ( 6 night stay)

Price: $615.00

Smoking/Drinking: (No)

Spaces Left: Only one space is available. There will be a total of 6 people in the room. My hubby, and I will be sharing a bed, (2) others will be sharing the other. We will be bringing (2) twin air mattresses, so that no one has to sleep on the floor.

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? One bedroom suite 500-600 sqft with a full kitchen.  (Only 5-6 people max)

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? Yes. Age 21+ Male or Female

Include a brief description about yourself: I am a 31 year old female cosplayer. This will be my first time attending SDCC, and I can't wait!

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.

Contact Preferences: You can PM me, or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

So, it's $615 total for the last slot?
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)

Offline celestial_maiden

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »
So, it's $615 total for the last slot?

That's correct.  :)

Offline ttttt2007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
Hello, I just obtained a professional pass from SDCC yesterday. This will be my 1st SDCC.

I am a designer from North Carolina, 44, married, non-smoker, don't drink, neat and tidy. I want my own bed for sure. I do snore.  :P

I haven't book any airline tickets yPlanning to arrive on the 11th and depart on the 15th.

I am looking for something very close to the convention center. Not interested for hostel.

Offline yuki

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
Want to share space in a room at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, right next to the Convention Center?

Here's the plan. I have a confirmed reservation at the Marriott Marquis for 4 nights, 7/11-7/14.

The cost for all 4 nights is currently $300 per person, and it's due by June 27th, 2012 to guarantee your spot. You'll get details via e-mail on how to pay your share using PayPal, credit/debit card, money order or check (checks due by 6/20/12).

This cost may change as people are added to the room. If the cost is lowered below what you have paid, you will receive an immediate refund of the difference. The $300 amount is based on the cost of the hotel, estimated to be around $1300, and the number of people who have expressed interest, currently 4.

If I can get more people, any reduction will be applied evenly and proportionally - so everyone pays the same amount. I'm hoping to get at least 6 to 8 people - maybe even more.

If you're not comfortable with paying such a large amount up-front, you can reserve your spot with a partial deposit of $50. The remainder is due on arrival and can be paid via cash, paypal or credit/debit card. Sorry, no I-O-Us.

Rules:

- Storage of unsecured cash, jewelry, electronics, irreplaceable items, other valuables and prohibited items (including controlled substances you might legally possess) is not permitted; the room coordinator(s)'s liability for all purposes, over the entire time, is limited to $200.

- 50% cancellation penalty after 6/4/2012, no refunds after 6/11/12 for no-shows. Your space is transferable.

- A full payment by 6/27/12 guarantees access to any room I receive. In the unlikely event that the reservation is "bumped" at check-in (for example, due to flooding at the hotel), your space will be honored for whatever room I stay in on that weekend.

- Also, no smoking in the room, pay for any room charges you create, and drink responsibly.

E-mail techpoc at gmail * com for information on how to reserve your space.

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
    • FaceBook
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2012, 07:54:43 AM »
Want to share space in a room at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, right next to the Convention Center?

Here's the plan. I have a confirmed reservation at the Marriott Marquis for 4 nights, 7/11-7/14.
E-mail techpoc at gmail * com for information on how to reserve your space.

I've sent email to you on how to reserve space.  Will there be a safe in the room or can we rent one inside the hotel?

Offline spilledmilk

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Hotel: Looking for a room for two!!

Days Booked: Thursday thru Sunday
Price: n/a
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking no, drinking maybe (I don't want a party room...)
Spaces Left: 2 people

I'm looking for a room for two people. It's for me and my girlfriend, we are both female and are a couple. We would like our own bed (don't worry, we won't have sexytimes or anything).
Preferably would like to stay with other female(s) ages 18-30 (negotiable), NO kids or tweenies.
We are both 22 yr olds working in the fashion industry, and its our first comic con (though we have gone to plenty anime cons). We are looking to stay with normal, non-crazy/creepy people with preferably a max of 4 people in the room.

I would like to stay with people who are clean (but not psycho about it), practice proper hygiene, don't talk too much and like to turn in at a decent hour (staying up late is fine, just let me sleep please)

Offline willtowne16

• Freebie Table
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
Im just looking for room to store my stuff and shower in for 2-3 nights. I only have a saturday and a sunday badge and wll get there friday afternoon. email me if interested [email protected]

Offline Xiomarasword

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »
I have a gold card for the Marriot.  That means free access the the concierage floor and all the nice amenities that comes with it.( free breakfasts, upgraded room,drinks , snacks, desserts at night, grazing rights all day long) e.t.c.   So if you have a room to yourself, and would consider just one room share, contact me.

I already have one night gratis, but have to leave for another Marriott if I can't convince them to extend the stay.

[email protected]

Offline Aurra

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »
Made the last minute decision to come down. Now I need roomies!

Name: Aurra
Hotel: private condo

Days Booked: Wed. - Mon.
Price: $350 per person (for all 5 nights)
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking - No, Drinking - fine
Spaces Left: 2 (condo sleeps three)

Condo is within walking distance to the Con - though a bit of a longer walk than some. But only a couple of blocks away from the shuttle if you have lots of stuff to carry. Has the benefit of being a full condo with kitchen, so might be able to save a couple of bucks on food. I'm looking for two people to take the bedroom - queen bed, and your own bathroom. Private and quiet! I'm looking for female roomies, or possibly a couple. Looking for people who are tidy and respectful of others. Seriously, I just want to sleep at night! I'm fine if you're into cosplay - there should be sufficient room to store stuff. Myself - I'm female, early 30's, who is heading down for NerdHQ.

Contact Preferences: PM
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:42:45 AM by Aurra »

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
    • FaceBook
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »
Made the last minute decision to come down. Now I need roomies!

Name: Aurra
Hotel: private condo

Days Booked: Wed. - Mon.
Price: $350 per person (for all 5 nights)
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking - No, Drinking - fine
Spaces Left: 2 (condo sleeps three)

Condo is within walking distance to the Con - though a bit of a longer walk than some. But only a couple of blocks away from the shuttle if you have lots of stuff to carry. Has the benefit of being a full condo with kitchen, so might be able to save a couple of bucks on food. I'm looking for two people to take the bedroom - queen bed, and your own bathroom. Private and quiet! I'm looking for female roomies, or possibly a couple. Looking for people who are tidy and respectful of others. Seriously, I just want to sleep at night! I'm fine if you're into cosplay - there should be sufficient room to store stuff. Myself - I'm female, early 30's, who is heading down for NerdHQ.

Contact Preferences: PM

I sent you a PM. 

Offline princessology

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
Editing this post as we are now looking to transfer our reservation!

Name: Chaka!
Hotel: Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside. There are two double beds!
Days Booked: July 11-15
Price: We were offered a spot in a different room with more people in it and are looking to transfer our reservation to someone else. We paid a $400 deposit on it and are looking for $240 to recoup at least some of the deposit. So your cost would be $240 to us for the deposit, and then once you get to the con, two nights at $179 to the hotel, for a total of $595 before tax for the weekend. Not a bad price!
Smoking/Drinking: N/A
Spaces Left: Whole room will be yours!

Basically it's just a regular hotel room with two double beds at the Holiday Inn Bayside, which is apparently about 5 miles from the convention center, but is on the shuttle route. We are looking for someone to take over our reservation so we don't lose the entire deposit we paid on it. PM me if you are interested! First come first served as we are looking to get rid of it pretty quickly!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:28:26 AM by princessology »