Author Topic: CCI 2012 Room Shares  (Read 39374 times)

Offline BloodAgentComic

• Sails Pavilion
    • The Blood Agent
  • Liked: 0
Re: Room Shares
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
Name: AJ - BloodAgentComic
Hotel: Looking for bed, shower and place to keep my stuff within walking or shuttle distance to con.

Days Booked: Right now I need Wednesday night thru Sunday. But there is a good possibility I will either get there Thursday or not stay Sunday. I'd be willing to pay for the day though to hold a good affordable spot.
Smoking/Drinking: Would Prefer neither, can deal with smoking.
Spaces Left: N/A

Preferences and Description:

* What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? I'd like my own bed to sleep on, or couch is fine too.
    * Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? I'm 36, married. I gotta go with male or a couple, no single ladies.
    * Include a brief description about yourself: I am a 1st time Con attendee to SD. I love comic art but I am a complete newbie to comics. What I know its from cartoons, movies and articles here and there...in other words, I know nothing!I will be volunteering at the con.
    * Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I prefer one that is happy!, clean, and a non-drinker, not loud while I'm trying to sleep, does not bring a crowd back to room.
    * Any additional notes/comments you would like to add? I'm easy going, laid back, but not a partier. Love meeting new people and if you can draw AWESOME!

Contact Preferences: PM here or [email protected]
Stay Enlightened!

Offline Voluptuous Donuts

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
*** Update ***
I forgot to mention that if I can't, or someone can't get their hands on Friday/Saturday tickets I'd be willing to share the cost of the room. I've seen first-hand how mobs of geeks can be mayhem so empathy rears is beautiful head. Anyhow, good luck to those of you still searching.

BTW - don't forget to try a carne asada burrito...MINT!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Room Shares
« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:02:18 AM »

Offline BustAGroove

• Exhibit Hall
  • Nerd Gurl In Search Of A Peaceful Soul
    • FaceBook
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 10:18:25 AM »
I'm considering a different approach for lodging for Comic-Con San Diego 2013. I'd like stay in a private home, condo or apartment within a few miles from Convention Center. I've researched options which seem to be more reasonably priced than staying in a major chain hotel near the Convention Center. Most of the options I've found don't charge for double, triple occupancy, etc. which is a savings.

For example: Condo in the heart of Gaslamp Quarter that sleeps 4 with a queen bed in master bedroom and queen sofa bed (air mattress) OR sleeps 5 with twin mattress pad. Cost would be $899 divided by 4 = $224 per person from July 17-21, 2013.

I'm focusing on rental options providing a full refund at least 5 days prior to check-in date, in case I can't get Comic-Con badges. At this time, I don't want to post a link in this forum to the sources since I'm discovering that some private homes and apartments are already being gobbled up. You're welcome to send me a PM.

Plan "B" -- Budget, hostel accommodations.
Geek Out - Comic-Con Madness (Pinterest)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
two different people i know have gotten a condo close to the con & neither of them have had *any* problem filling them! 
I think if you get a good price on a condo without hidden fee's etc  you'll have no problem filling them.  Good luck!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Nerosonic

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 01:42:54 AM »
i am looking for a place to stay actually or i could just book my own hotel either one would be fine. i am also looking for people to get to know and become friends with that way i am not alone at the convention lol. i am from wisconsin and if i did go i would be flying out to California. if anyone is interested please let me know.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 02:05:01 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Just a general reminder to use the following formatting.  (The easiest way is to copy and paste the layout and then enter your information as requested.)

Please edit/modify your post if your room is full, or if you made any changes to the room. This is so that people can see which rooms are available and which aren't.

It'll definitely make it easier to find roommates in the long run, especially as we get closer and closer to Comic-Con.  Good luck!

Thanks,
Zero
Friends of CCI Global Moderator

------------------------------------------

Name: (This is optional; you can use your forum username instead)
Hotel: (Which hotel you are staying at?)

Days Booked: (Include which days)
Price: (Include calculated hotel tax and the like.  If you're looking for a room, just write "N/A" here.)
Smoking/Drinking: (Yes or No)
Spaces Left: (In other words, how many people do you want to be in your room? Don't forget to include yourself.  Is there bed space available?  Is there floor space available?  Will you ask for roll-out beds?)

• What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
  • Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates?
  • Include a brief description about yourself: (Ex: I am a cosplayer, so I have props and other cosplay items that will take up a portion of the room.)
  • Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? (Ex: I prefer one that is organized, clean, and a non-smoker.)
  • Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?
Contact Preferences: (Do you want people to contact you via PM?  Otherwise, include either your e-mail, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:16:40 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline simplyskyy

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
Name: Skyy
Hotel: Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel

Days Booked: Wed-Mon
Price: 289.00 I don't have tax rate yet
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces Left: 2 People wanted

I received my 2nd choice which was the Hilton. I am coming alone and would love a roommate or two to help with the cost of the hotel. I will require deposit and name will be added to reservation.

Offline Prejudice182

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 12:35:26 PM »
Name: Skyy
Hotel: Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel

Days Booked: Wed-Mon
Price: 289.00 I don't have tax rate yet
Smoking/Drinking: No
Spaces Left: 2 People wanted

I received my 2nd choice which was the Hilton. I am coming alone and would love a roommate or two to help with the cost of the hotel. I will require deposit and name will be added to reservation.

Wondering if this is still available. Me and my brother are coming from Ireland, and need a place to stay as everywhere close is booked up.

Offline Charlie Utter

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
Name: Darrin
Hotel: Hilton Bayfront

Days Booked: Wed-Sun
Price: Your part will be $125 a night.
Smoking/Drinking: No/Social
Spaces Left: 1 spot left.  We have a Quad Room and 3 people in it.

* What type of room is it?  Quad Room - 1 spot left!

* Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? None

* Include a brief description about yourself: There are 3 people in the room currently. ME(44) - longtime fan of Comics/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Gaming/Cons - Been to many conventions, this is my 2nd SDCC.  My Girlfriend (40) - Fan of Sci-Fi but new to the Con Scene.  This is her first SDCC.  Family Friend (42) - A Con veteran, been to many SDCCs and is an awesome costume maker!  The man is legendary! :)

* Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? We are all pretty tidy and laid back.  Would like someone that is as well.

* Any additional notes/comments you would like to add?  We are laid back and casual.  We are non-smokers and socially drink.  We like to enjoy the con and have fun and are not huge party people so we would be bringing people back to the room and being raucous and keeping you awake.  Looking for someone that is the same.  We have the Room from Wed Night until Monday Morning.  My girlfriend and I are from Florida and our friend lives in California.

The beds are supposed to be 2 queens, so you can either sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag or share the 2nd bed.  Whichever you and the other person that has claimed the 2nd bed decide! :)

Please contact me here or at [email protected].

Thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:45:16 AM by Hollowman »

Offline eserei27

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
LOOKING FOR ONE ROOMMATE.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF INERESTED.
Name: Sara Irvin
Hotel: Marriott Marquis and Marina

Days Booked: July 10- July 16
Price: $3908.55 to be divided 5 ways, or $781.71 per person
Smoking/Drinking: No smoking in room; other than that, do not care
Spaces Left: one  (there are already 4 people committed to this room)

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? Two beds and 1 rollaway
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? female; no age preference (all current occupants are female)

Contact Preferece: Please PM me and I we can talk via email.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:43:03 PM by eserei27 »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 02:54:28 PM »
Zero/Alyssa -

Was thinking it might help as part of the template to include if there will be a bed available or space on the floor or sleeping bag or if the plan is to get a rollaway or :eek: sharing beds!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »
Zero/Alyssa -

Was thinking it might help as part of the template to include if there will be a bed available or space on the floor or sleeping bag or if the plan is to get a rollaway or :eek: sharing beds!
I can add that into the "spaces left" section.   Good suggestion. ^_^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 08:26:19 PM »
Name: Chris
Hotel: Looking for someone with a room either on the shuttle line or within walking distance of the convention center

I'm a 31 year-old male from Georgia who is coming to the convention as a volunteer. I keep to myself, am quiet, and low-key. I'll be arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon or evening. I'm good with either floor space, couch, sharing a bed, etc. I just need a place to shower, sleep, and change clothes. I'm a big comic books, horror movies, sci-fi, video game geek.

Please let me know if anyone has space available. I can give a deposit if need be.

Offline cosplayer nation

• Sails Pavilion
  • http://www.youtube.com/CosplayerNationTV
    • Cosplayer Nation Videos of Escapism
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 12:54:43 AM »
Name: Cosplayer Nation: The Documentary
Hotel Staying: Manchester Grand Hyatt, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rooms: 2 doubles / Each room comes with 2 king-double beds
Floor Space: Yes
The GOODIES:
- 5 min. walk to convention
- 8 min. walk to Ralphs Market for cheap food, liquor, etc ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )
- a firepit & jacuzzi & pool (4th floor),
*Internet has a fee

Days Booked: July 11 Weds to July 15 Sun
Price: Depends on how many people are rooming.  For now, it stands at 178.00 per person.  This will cover you all 4 nights.
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking No.  Drinking?  Heck yes.
Spaces Left: 8, but please message us first.

Greetings, we are Cosplayer Nation: The Documentary (see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).  So we will have camera stuff.

We like to party BUT WANT CLEAN NON-SMELLY PEOPLE.  Also cosplay props are fine, but nothing gargantuan.
Age or Gender, should be 50/50 males & females.  Preferably 21+

Please ask if there's any questions, best way to reach us is to shoot message on facebook: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:03:42 AM by cosplayer nation »
Cosplayer Nation is a nationwide documentarian project on American cosplayers.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 02:23:29 AM »
Room full!

Name: oneroomdisco
Hotel: Westin Gaslamp
Days Booked: July 11-15
Prices: $250 for bed spots, $225 for floor spot
Smoking/Drinking: No/No
Space left: 3 (2 bed spots, 1 floor spot)

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit?
This is a two bed room.  Right now, it’s just my sister and myself, so there should be plenty of room for 3 more people (I won't go above 5 people in the room).  If you want the floor spot and want to request a roll away bed, that’s fine, but you will be responsible for the cost.

Roommate Preferences:
I prefer girls but either gender is fine as long as they’re respectful of others.  I don't care much about age, although I prefer 18+.  Roommates should be capable of being clean, organized, and mature.  Also, if you’re a light sleeper, be forewarned that my sister and I will likely be heading out very early each day.

Cosplayers are fine, but please no storing HUGE props in the room.

About Us:
23 year old female graduate student and my 15-year-old cosplayer sister.  I’m pretty calm and friendly, if a little shy at times.  We’re both very neat in hotel rooms and generally keep most of our stuff in our suitcases, unless we’re using it.  This is our first Comic Con, but I’ve run rooms multiple times for Anime Expo.

Payment: 1/2 due in order to reserve spot.  The second half will be due by June 15th.  Paypal is vastly preferred, although I will also take checks.

I don’t do at-con payment.

If you interested, e-mail me at sakurajade @ gmail . com.  You can also PM me. 

Either way, please make the subject of your message: Comic Con Room.  In your message, please include the following:
-   Name
-   Which type of spot you want
-   Plus any other questions you might have  :)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:46:16 PM by oneroomdisco »