Author Topic: GOT Panel  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Kguthrie5

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
GOT Panel
« on: July 03, 2019, 10:17:56 AM »
This is my first time attending the Con and I’m going solo. Just wanted to see what everybody’s advice is on getting into a late afternoon panel like GOT on Friday? Is really my only chance is by getting in a line buddy group and sitting through all the panels that day? I really only want to see the GOT panel and I don’t really care where I sit. Anybody think I could possibly line up and get in closer to the panel time?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:22:00 AM by Kguthrie5 »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: GOT Panel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 10:27:12 AM »
If you don't care where you sit, it's possible to walk in later in the afternoon, but not at all guaranteed.  There's a lot of really competitive stuff in that room on Friday.  Lining up overnight may only be required to get a good seat, but you might have to at the very least get there early in the day and sit through panels you aren't interested.  This is speculation though, of course, as things always fluctuate.  Right now, though, the Friday programming looks way more competitive than Saturday so you likely won't be able to walk in right before the panel.

Good luck, friend, and enjoy the con!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:34:07 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 10:56:11 AM »
If you decide not to line up, one key tip is to check twitter using HallH or #HallH etc. People are good about posting what the line situation is like or if it is walk in. It also helps if you are in the general vicinity of course :)

This works for all of the big panel rooms.

Offline Pinoy225

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »
Yes follow HallH on twitter to keep tabs on the line. I went a couple years ago for a Saturday panel and monitored twitter and found that they were still handing out wristbands for Hall H at 7:00 am in the morning. I was able to get a wristband and get inside. Throughout the course of the day I was able to move closer to the stage as other panels let out.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is my first time attending the Con and I’m going solo. Just wanted to see what everybody’s advice is on getting into a late afternoon panel like GOT on Friday? Is really my only chance is by getting in a line buddy group and sitting through all the panels that day? I really only want to see the GOT panel and I don’t really care where I sit. Anybody think I could possibly line up and get in closer to the panel time?

The ebbs and flows of the room are really hard to gauge.  There's a possibility many people will leave after earlier panels.  But, it's not a certainty.

Right now, the Game of Thrones panel is the 2nd most scheduled panel on MySched with 2,141 people having it on their schedule (and not everyone uses MySched).  Walking Dead isn't as popular as it once was.  It's a surprising #25 on the ranking with just 998 people scheduling it.

The Russo Brothers and Endgame panels that are the first in the morning are #5 and #7.  If there is an outflux, it might be after those panels.  There are some movie people who aren't into TV shows.  But, that's a guess.