Author Topic: SE: Thanksgiving Group Dinner?  (Read 6702 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
SE: Thanksgiving Group Dinner?
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »
Hey all,
if folks are coming in to town early, would you be interested in meeting for food on Thursday at one of the following restaurants?

There's a great selection but we should book early so we can sit together.

If you're interested comment here and indicate how many guests you'll bring. If there is enough interest we'll get a sheet together.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

tagging for folks that might be interested
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this one has my interest
Wear your stretchy pants and enjoy a 3 course Thanksgiving dinner for $25, $20 bottle of wine, and $5 smashing pumpkin shots. Then later at 9PM get your holiday boogie on with DJ Yodah.
I may have to Uber in tho LOL
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:01:56 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Re: SE: Thanksgiving Group Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 02:03:06 PM »
Just me.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:43:11 PM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:18:19 PM »
I'm not sure. While I will be there on Thursday, our schedule is very much on hold until we learn whether or not CCI will allow badge pickup on Thursday late afternoon/evening. We are really hoping that they do, so that we can get our badges before Friday. If badge pickup on Thursday is announced, that is our first priority.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 06:13:27 AM »
I'm not sure. While I will be there on Thursday, our schedule is very much on hold until we learn whether or not CCI will allow badge pickup on Thursday late afternoon/evening. We are really hoping that they do, so that we can get our badges before Friday. If badge pickup on Thursday is announced, that is our first priority.
I think that's everyone's priority ;)
I believe the places in that article are mostly in the GasLamp.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 08:57:26 AM »
Hey all,
if folks are coming in to town early, would you be interested in meeting for food on Thursday at one of the following restaurants?

If you're interested comment here and indicate how many guests you'll bring. If there is enough interest we'll get a sheet together.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

this one has my interest  I may have to Uber in tho LOL
Everyone at my place: an 1100 square foot condo only 20 mins drive from Convention Center!!!
*talk to wife* oooooooooooh
Never mind  :-X
(maybe I can get her to make a desert if the group isn't too huge  :P )

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 11:15:25 PM »
Hey all,

this one has my interest  I may have to Uber in tho LOL
You may want to check the links because that info is old. One is from 2017. Some links least to error or a random page.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 10:56:08 AM »
You may want to check the links because that info is old. One is from 2017. Some links least to error or a random page.

Agreed, if folks want to do supper on Thanksgiving, we'll have to verify their doing thanksgiving for '21. I'm assuming most folks who live in the area will be doing supper with their family's ;)

I started this thread for folks who are in town and don't have supper plans.

Offline starlucy

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 12:38:10 AM »
Hello!

I just found this forum via the SDCC thread on Reddit. I'll be headed down to the Special Edition SDCC in a couple of weeks, traveling solo as my friends don't want to attend this year over Thanksgiving weekend. I'd love to meet up with y'all if you're still planning on a Thursday night gathering?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 04:49:54 AM »
A Thanksgiving get together sounds like a fun idea, but it looks like I'll be doing Thanksgiving dinner with my father and his family on Thursday and coming down to San Diego sometime on Friday.
Based on the CCSE schedule so far, I don't think I'll miss much if I come into town Friday afternoon.

Hopefully there will be other opportunities to meet up.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 06:13:14 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear if there will be badge pickup on Thursday...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 12:46:55 PM »
This place looks interesting
Cafe Sevilla
For a Spanish flair to your Turkey Day, dine at Cafe Sevilla while listening to live Latin and rumba music. Their three-course Thanksgiving menu features Spanish twists to Thanksgiving staples, such as roasted turkey breast with glazed Black Forest ham and barbacoa pineapple chutney along with homemade pumpkin pie with cinnamon ginger whip.

Price: $49.50 per person

Notes from the Business
For Thanksgiving reservations, please call us directly at 619-233-5979 (online reservations not taken). On Friday/Saturday, we accept reservations until 7pm. After 7pm, we seat tables on a first-come first-serve basis & our wait time is usually never more than 30 minutes. For parties of 6-8, please call us (online reservations not allowed). For parties 9-25, please call us (online reservations not allowed) and La Familia menus are required. Parties 26+ are considered an event, please visit our event page for details here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

About
 Good for Groups  Great Date Spot  Casual Attire  Street Parking
Cafe Sevilla has been dedicated to providing the true essence of Spanish culture, music & cuisine since 1987. Located in the heart of downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp, Cafe Sevilla is proud to offer the most authentic Spanish ambiance in their tapas bar, restaurant & nightclub. Cafe Sevilla is proud to offer: -Award Winning Spanish Cuisine -Live Music in the Tapas Bar 7 Nights a Week -Salsa Dance Classes -Flamenco Dinner Shows -Late Night Dining -Sunday Brunch Featuring Bottomless Mimosas -Happy Hour Specials 5 Days a Week -Private Event Spaces & Group Dining Experiences -Dog Friendly Patio Cafe Sevilla specializes in Spanish tapas or small plates, which are great for a fun, interactive & sharable dining experience. Menu offerings include a variety of over 30 award-winning tapas as well as traditional paellas, fresh seafood and savory meat dishes. We also feature a large variety of Spanish wines, refreshing sangrias & craft cocktails. One can enjoy live Gypsy Kings style music in the tapas bar & Flamenco Dinner Shows on the weekends! Or transport yourself to the nightlife of Spain at Sevilla Nightclub, showcasing performances by local musical talent & top-tier DJ's. Cafe Sevilla also offers private event spaces & group dining experiences that will leave a lasting impression on your guests. Tailor your event with special menus & entertainment options including Flamenco dance performances, rumba guitar & salsa dancing. Cafe Sevilla has something for everyone! Ole!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 12:50:29 PM by alyssa »

Offline starlucy

• Freebie Table
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 04:26:58 PM »
It looks amazing! I'd be down to meet there.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2021, 07:18:41 AM »
so list

me
maybe You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login +3  I assume your fam is all coming? Or is it just a +1 ;)

I'm going to make a reservation for 6- and we can adjust +/- when plans get more finalized.

Offline starlucy

• Freebie Table
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »
Sounds fun and thanks for planning this!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2021, 07:31:55 PM »
I've got reservations for 4 people at 5pm. So far it's me & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
when i spoke with them there didn't seem to be an issues with reserving a place for 6 people, it would have incurred a deposit. I declined as the implication is that we can get more space if needed. I also think the time can be adjusted if people want to do it later. They open at 4pm for dinner

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login lmk