Author Topic: Cosplay chat  (Read 95479 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Cosplay chat
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
WIN!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2017, 08:22:26 AM »
O0

19 Cosplayers At ECCC 2017 — From Gender Bender To An Avenger Made Of Comics

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 03:56:57 AM »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »

I've never cosplayed before.  This year my daughter has convinced my we should do Wonder Woman together.  I get to be Hippolyta, she is WW, and her friend is the other young person :).  Should be interesting.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »
This won't be ready in time for WC, but is anyone planning on trying it out for the big show in July - or making their own version?

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When Spider-Man (played by Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland) appeared in Captain America: Civil War, one of the most notable changes about the new Spidy vs. the older silver screen incarnations was his emotive eyes-which are possibly camera lenses. The shutter lenses or emotive eyes are the kind of effect that CGI can handle for a big-budget film, but for somebody like Spider-Man mega-nerd Lenses Factory HK, who’s definitely working with a smaller budget, it’s go practical or go home.

Spider-Man’s eyes having an emotive quality are a staple of the comic books, and now with Holland’s Spider-Man they’re going to be on the big screen as well. But in real life, it’s not like this level of detail and ingenuity shows up at any given Con. (Maybe Lenses Factory HK has more in common with Tony Stark than Peter Parker?)

According to Lenses Factory HK’s Facebook page, “You can see, even if I’m singing, the lenses won’t move except [if] I trigger the mechanism behind the faceshell with my jaw…” Which is definitely ingenious, although there has to be some wear on your jaw after a few too many surprised! faces.

The masks with the shutter lenses will be available in April, and you can find more details on Lenses Factory’s Facebook page. He also apparently offers a ton of other variations on the suit and mask, although no word about any Hulkbuster suits.

Offline Techtronic

• Sails Pavilion
  • Praise the Sun
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
Going to attempt a Rorschach costume, this is my first time at SDCC so I want it to be as good as possible!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2017, 08:09:58 AM »
"A fan's expression of his or her love for a favorite character..." yes:

In our very first podcast we tackle and try to untangle the history of cosplay and the history of the word cosplay. Who was the first person to dress up in a sci-fi costume? Who first invented the word cosplay? When did people first start cosplaying in Japan? We answer all these questions and more. Both in video version on You Tube and available for download on SoundCloud (and soon: ITunes).

Offline Loliiz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2017, 08:41:41 AM »
I was thinking of trying cosplay as wonder woman but is out of my budget, another idea I had was dress up nice and put on a Court of owls mask, but the version of the mask that is used in "Gotham"

Enviado desde mi XT1563 mediante Tapatalk

Offline everlastingwhy

• Exhibit Hall
  • TV nerd + GIFmaker
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
Doing two different Queenie Goldstein (Fantastic Beasts) cosplays for SDCC - the other days I have an Agent Carter dress and probably just nerdy shirt and shorts another day

Gonna have to figure out how to do her hair tho! My hair is curly but a bit longer than hers - lots of bobby pins I'm guessing

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2017, 09:59:03 AM »
Check out my article on 'Getting Your Cosplay Convention-Ready' on the FoCC Blog!

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »
Great article, [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] ! Of course, I never manage to follow even half that advice... if I had all my costumes completed 3 weeks before an event my husband would think I'd been body-snatched, lol.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2017, 11:18:26 AM »
Great article, [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] ! Of course, I never manage to follow even half that advice... if I had all my costumes completed 3 weeks before an event my husband would think I'd been body-snatched, lol.

LOL, you have to build in extra time for delays, that's for sure! It's easy to have the cosplay go over. I've had some delivered just days before a con.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
LOL, you have to build in extra time for delays, that's for sure! It's easy to have the cosplay go over. I've had some delivered just days before a con.

Well, I make my own, so I AM the delay, unfortunately. :P At the moment I have two cosplays about 75% done and one not even started. And yes, these are all for SDCC.

TravT77

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »
Ok.  So I am finally working on my Black Knightrider cos. Wish me luck! I've done a lot of Halloween costumes for my boys but this is my first cosplay attempt ever! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2017, 04:22:48 PM »
That looks fantastic!

TravT77

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
That looks fantastic!
Thanks! Just getting started really. Trying to have it ready for a test run at Hickory Con this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk