Author Topic: Funko Off Topic Chat  (Read 111415 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: Funko Off Topic Chat
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Marvel Collector Corps "Infinity War" box looks pretty cool.  Apparently there is quite the kerfluffle from folks who can't sign up to subscribe, and the box is only available for folks who are already past subscribers.  I hadn't bought a box in quite a while, but figured I might as well jump on the last one while I could.

Yeah, it seemed that interest kind of peaked right as they were winding it down. The Animal Instinct box sold out. If you were a past subscriber the other older boxes are available for just $15 on the site.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »
Yeah, it seemed that interest kind of peaked right as they were winding it down. The Animal Instinct box sold out. If you were a past subscriber the other older boxes are available for just $15 on the site.
The Animal Instinct box was the best one in a while (DH is a huge Rhino fan, so that might be part of it). I also think that the Black Panther glow chase may have fueled the sales.

I did order the Infinity War box, and the final boxes for LoC and Smuggler's Bounty.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #212 on: Today at 02:40:36 AM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2018, 09:11:36 PM »
originalfunko In celebration of this week's Opening Day of Baseball and the upcoming 25th Anniversary of Sandlot we're excited to announce our new Sandlot Pop!s, coming this June! #Sandlot

Offline Lord Bacon

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 33
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »

Really looking forward to this set! One of my favorite movies growing up.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »
It's like growing up all over again. 

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #215 on: April 12, 2018, 10:02:24 PM »
Not sure if others feel this way too but it seems like collecting the mystery minis has been super super super tougher this year, more so than in the past.    I missed out on the initial cases of LOTR at my local Hot Topics and they seemingly never got more in and so I never had a shot at Eowyn or the Witch King.   

It's also a lot more harder to complete sets, especially with so many store exclusives, so many 1/6's and 1/72's...I gave up on completing the Last Jedi set because of that.    And although I have a Game Stop just 3 blocks from where I live, that hasn't helped out with Funko collecting all that much since their stock is horrible both for Pops and minis.   

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #216 on: April 12, 2018, 10:30:30 PM »
It's also a lot more harder to complete sets, especially with so many store exclusives, so many 1/6's and 1/72's...I gave up on completing the Last Jedi set because of that.    And although I have a Game Stop just 3 blocks from where I live, that hasn't helped out with Funko collecting all that much since their stock is horrible both for Pops and minis.   

I strongly feel this way about Target's Funko exclusives, especially the new 10 inch Funko Pops, since they're hella hard to get. I've been watching Brickseek at work to track inventory and most, if not all, Target stores in the Bay Area are sold out of the Thanos or Porg 10 inch pop.

As for Gamestop, I'm lucky enough that the Gamestop in Downtown SF has a ThinkGeek shop in the basement where they have a whole wall of just Funkos. It's great for collectors but dangerous for my wallet :P

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2018, 12:14:03 AM »
I strongly feel this way about Target's Funko exclusives, especially the new 10 inch Funko Pops, since they're hella hard to get. I've been watching Brickseek at work to track inventory and most, if not all, Target stores in the Bay Area are sold out of the Thanos or Porg 10 inch pop.

As for Gamestop, I'm lucky enough that the Gamestop in Downtown SF has a ThinkGeek shop in the basement where they have a whole wall of just Funkos. It's great for collectors but dangerous for my wallet

Thanos live! [member=1908]jazzyj[/member]

Porg live!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:39:58 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2018, 07:09:20 AM »

As for Gamestop, I'm lucky enough that the Gamestop in Downtown SF has a ThinkGeek shop in the basement where they have a whole wall of just Funkos. It's great for collectors but dangerous for my wallet :P

Target's inventory system never seems to be right for hard to find pops, I've basically given up on them. And it looks like the online release sold out fast, both links now go to a "product not found" page. At SVCC there were some people carrying around 10'' Thanos trying to unload it and maybe this is a sour grapes thing for me, but I didn't really like it that much. I will probably wait and go for the Hot Topic (behatted) Thanos in a chair.

edited to make Thanos 10 inches versus 10 feet #stonehenge
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:09:16 AM by mark »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

Thanos live! [member=1908]jazzyj[/member]

Porg live!

Thanks for the heads up [member=1732]SamTurtledove[/member]! Unfortunately it looks like I missed the window by A LOT since I was asleep. Oh well, time to move on to the next release

Target's inventory system never seems to be right for hard to find pops, I've basically given up on them. And it looks like the online release sold out fast, both links now go to a "product not found" page. At SVCC there were some people carrying around 10' Thanos trying to unload it and maybe this is a sour grapes thing for me, but I didn't really like it that much. I will probably wait and go for the Hot Topic (behatted) Thanos in a chair.

The Hot Topic Thanos actually looks pretty sick so I think I'm going go for that one when it's released.

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »
So, I went to my local Target and a 10" Porg followed me home this morning. Thus, dinner should be good tonight! Hehehehe! I hear that Porgs taste like chicken.  >:D

As for Thanos, I'm not feeling this one. The HT Thanos I will try for.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2018, 10:42:32 AM »
I have lerand but mite be wrong, is that any funko related to popular movies are gonna sell out cause fans or flippers will buy all they can and just resale for higher price later after or before movies are cause the movie wil make people want stuff more and so keep flipers busy before and after movies are out i guessing. so i go for any at resonable price that i want most if at all. i wont pay the crazy so to speak hi prices lol. i by chance saw some at 99 cent store for like 2 bucks and was wow. i have so much but have learned as almost everyone has that all we have is just material lol. so keep what u need and grab what u crave most lol.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #222 on: April 13, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
Some of these speciality funkos do have appeal.  That HT Thanos in $30 range, next week.  Target Fridays timing, how do they keep topping themselves?!

As for events, on Monday (releases before Earth Day) online and in stores.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Pop! figure and box it’s in are both made from recycled materials.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:57:12 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #223 on: April 13, 2018, 01:09:42 PM »
Some of these speciality funkos do have appeal.  That HT Thanos in $30 range, next week.  Target Fridays timing, how do they keep topping themselves?!

Do we know when they'll be on sale next week?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #224 on: April 13, 2018, 01:47:37 PM »
Do we know when they'll be on sale next week?

If anything if i was u , i would try check site at random times of any the links above. i guessing any hardcore funko or not collectors will get some kinda emails or notice and be all over it just cause it wall-e and earth day all in one. so guessing they limited or exclusive ones for the event. i not be shocked if flippers stockpile any and resold for any on ebay later by chance. i have checkd for stuf i even got at stores and by chance the same stuff was saling on ebay for about same or more on ebay later.