Author Topic: Funko Off Topic Chat  (Read 111284 times)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Re: Funko Off Topic Chat
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Like a gazillion......my heart broke when I didn't get my cereal monsters. My faves besides Elvira and Disney.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The 404 error was not helpful to anyone!   I started refreshing in the phone and desktop and finally got through.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
Found my first ever chase in the wild today. Not one I particularly wanted but still, it's a chase :)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #392 on: Today at 06:53:53 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2018, 10:26:05 PM »
Found my first ever chase in the wild today. Not one I particularly wanted but still, it's a chase :)

So the question is since you didn't particularly want it did you leave it or buy it.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #393 on: October 20, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »
So the question is since you didn't particularly want it did you leave it or buy it.

I totally bought it, might be the only wild chase I ever see :) I guess to phrase it better, it isn't something I was looking for but I am happy to have found it if that makes any sense. One of my next cave themes will be Marvel, so it'll go on display. Have to decide if I try to pick up the Killmonger chase to go with it. (I also guess it isn't technically the first one I've gotten, I did get a chase through an online purchase once but this was the first time I actually saw one sitting on a shelf.)

Speaking of Black Panther pops, had another odd thing happen. I had ordered the Okoye exclusive from amazon, it arrived packed in a way too large box, without any packing material whatsoever, and somehow the box was in perfect condition. Weird.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #394 on: October 20, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
You got lucky!

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
I totally bought it, might be the only wild chase I ever see :) I guess to phrase it better, it isn't something I was looking for but I am happy to have found it if that makes any sense. One of my next cave themes will be Marvel, so it'll go on display. Have to decide if I try to pick up the Killmonger chase to go with it. (I also guess it isn't technically the first one I've gotten, I did get a chase through an online purchase once but this was the first time I actually saw one sitting on a shelf.)

Speaking of Black Panther pops, had another odd thing happen. I had ordered the Okoye exclusive from amazon, it arrived packed in a way too large box, without any packing material whatsoever, and somehow the box was in perfect condition. Weird.
I did the same thing with A Box Lunch limited exclusive.  I was so happy to snag one that I didn’t think about whether or not I really wanted that specific Chase or if I really wanted to succeed with just an order getting through.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »
I was just about ready to leave work and a coworker asked if he could take out my Munsters car and Pops out of the box to play with them! I said no. He said "I'll tape up the boxes when I'm done". I wanted to scoop up everything on my desk but instead I firmly told him not to touch anything and pointed out the camera right above my desk that can see who has been screwing with my stuff. So far, so good! Has anyone else had dopes like this at work?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »
I was just about ready to leave work and a coworker asked if he could take out my Munsters car and Pops out of the box to play with them! I said no. He said "I'll tape up the boxes when I'm done". I wanted to scoop up everything on my desk but instead I firmly told him not to touch anything and pointed out the camera right above my desk that can see who has been screwing with my stuff. So far, so good! Has anyone else had dopes like this at work?

Yikes, I haven't had problems at my current job. I think it helps that there are a fair number of collectors in the same building I am. I have had situations where some of my books would mysteriously disappear. Was not happy about that.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2018, 03:00:33 PM »

He wants to play with them? I am all for adults catering to their inner child-but do it with your own stuff (like I do, lol)! How long have they been on your desk? Did it occur to him that there was a reason they were displayed in the box?
I can't have anything valuable here at work-it would certainly walk off. My friend has had loose hot wheels disappear. Imagine what would happen with a carded one.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2018, 06:39:19 PM »
Now I'm thinking about that Seinfeld episode...

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »

I had a dream there was a video game chase on the shelf and I left it.  So I haven't seen one in the wild yet but I am confident if it is video game related I won't buy it.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2018, 11:35:08 PM »
He wants to play with them? I am all for adults catering to their inner child-but do it with your own stuff (like I do, lol)! How long have they been on your desk? Did it occur to him that there was a reason they were displayed in the box?
I can't have anything valuable here at work-it would certainly walk off. My friend has had loose hot wheels disappear. Imagine what would happen with a carded one.
He's a guy I actually worry about. Not that he will open boxes, but go postal. He hates his job but he's too lazy to find another. He has a journal and keeps writing over and over "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"!!!! (Shining anyone?!!) I even told the Onions if there's a shooting at work, it's this guy. When he gets angry, he breaks his pen and smears ink all over the desk or scratches it. We just got new really nice desks a year ago and he's already ruined 3.
I rotate my stuff, but my desk has been festive forever. He just moved next to me Oct 10. I quickly informed him no touchie. So far, so good. If he touches anything, we just have to look at the tape. The camera is pointing at my desk (so much for picking my nose or adjusting my stockings). Ha

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2018, 05:47:50 AM »
He's a guy I actually worry about. Not that he will open boxes, but go postal. He hates his job but he's too lazy to find another. He has a journal and keeps writing over and over "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"!!!! (Shining anyone?!!) I even told the Onions if there's a shooting at work, it's this guy. When he gets angry, he breaks his pen and smears ink all over the desk or scratches it. We just got new really nice desks a year ago and he's already ruined 3.
I rotate my stuff, but my desk has been festive forever. He just moved next to me Oct 10. I quickly informed him no touchie. So far, so good. If he touches anything, we just have to look at the tape. The camera is pointing at my desk (so much for picking my nose or adjusting my stockings). Ha

My Spider-sense is tingling.  What a nut job. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »

Our next Funko Shop release is coming at 11AM PST today! Don't miss out! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

originalfunko Coming Soon: Voltron Pop! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
Grabbed my 3 Marvel Studios gold Pez

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"