Author Topic: Saturday 9:00 am Limited Drawings Team-Up  (Read 6187 times)

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
Saturday 9:00 am Limited Drawings Team-Up
« on: July 04, 2015, 01:32:57 AM »
I'm strongly considering going for a limited autograph drawing at 9:00 am on Saturday. Would anyone be interested in teaming up?

The idea is that we help our teammates by waiting in line with them after we draw our own winning tickets to maximize the odds of everyone getting what they want. And even if things don't turn out perfectly, we at least will have met some new people and had guards for our stuff when we ran off to the restrooms. ;)

Here's what's available on Saturday at 9:00 am:

This is my first time doing any kind of team-up like this, so if anyone has advice about where/how to meet up, how best to coordinate once inside, etc., feel free to chime in.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
Re: Saturday 9:00 am Limited Drawings Team-Up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 07:48:59 AM »
Are you looking for a team up as a line buddy?

I'm not sure how a team
Up will help for the raffles.
When you enter the raffle area, you choose the raffle you want to pick.
Win or lose, you leave the area and then go to the back of the line.
Which will be long.  mostly likely you won't get another chance to get through the line again. A team up would only help if the people with you have no desire for any of the autographs and they can just pick a raffle ticket for you.
Now, it does happen that you might get a second chance if you are early enough but it's long odds.

If I misunderstood, please ignore my post and let me know.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:44:47 AM »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »
I believe the volunteers also put a wristband on you as soon as you win so you can't go back in line to try again anyways.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 02:49:49 PM »
In my experience, only WB does wristband which you can not get off and trade or give to someone. All the others you just get a ticket you need to have when you come back for the actual signing. That could always change though.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 06:55:36 PM »
Are you looking for a team up as a line buddy?

I'm not sure how a team
Up will help for the raffles.
When you enter the raffle area, you choose the raffle you want to pick.
Win or lose, you leave the area and then go to the back of the line.
Which will be long.  mostly likely you won't get another chance to get through the line again. A team up would only help if the people with you have no desire for any of the autographs and they can just pick a raffle ticket for you.
Now, it does happen that you might get a second chance if you are early enough but it's long odds.

If I misunderstood, please ignore my post and let me know.
But you are only going to the end of the line for the individual raffle, not all the way back out to the marina where the massive "Everything Else" line ends, so it wouldn't be that bad.... right? Maybe I'm underestimating the potential length of each line.

If I do go through with this, I would want to line up super early. Early like I-want-a-seat-in-B20 early. The way I see it, if we're going to do this, might as well go all-in and not do a half-a$$ed job. I would hope that would help provide more than one opportunity to draw a ticket.

I believe the volunteers also put a wristband on you as soon as you win so you can't go back in line to try again anyways.
This I have not heard about before and would be problematic. I hope someone else who knows for sure can clarify.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:12:26 PM »

In my experience, only WB does wristband which you can not get off and trade or give to someone. All the others you just get a ticket you need to have when you come back for the actual signing. That could always change though.

Yeah the WB wristband one is going to be hard to get around. However, it's not that you can't go back in line. You can. I've seen ppl with 2-3 different WB show wristbands on the same wrist. But I like the line buddy idea overall though. Are we allowed to save like one spot for 'a friend' if we're in the WB line? I've only been in a WB line once 2 years ago and I don't know what autograph line etiquette typically is.

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 01:56:54 AM »
Yeah the WB wristband one is going to be hard to get around. However, it's not that you can't go back in line. You can. I've seen ppl with 2-3 different WB show wristbands on the same wrist. But I like the line buddy idea overall though. Are we allowed to save like one spot for 'a friend' if we're in the WB line? I've only been in a WB line once 2 years ago and I don't know what autograph line etiquette typically is.
I'm actually talking about the 9:00 am autographs (listed in OP) and not the 7:00 am ones (WB, Fox, etc.) but I'm guessing the process is the same, minus the wristbands. Regarding spot saving, I think this is greatly frowned upon because people are basically cutting the line. But since there are no wristbands here, it does end up happening.

Offline friedminded

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:34:39 AM »
Welp, looks like my inexperience and lack of knowledge about drawings has caused this plan to flop before it even started. :P

If anyone is interested in being regular ol' line buddies on Friday night/Saturday morning, feel free to PM me. I'd still be interested in that.