Author Topic: Beware! Residence Inn Downtown San Diego Pacific Hwy guests  (Read 2110 times)

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
Please check your charges for incidentals. I just had an issue on my credit card where it was charged twice, once upon check in with the room and then again separately  the next day. But whomever charged it typed in my CC# the second time. I spoke with the hotel and they had no idea of the charge and since they didnt and i had no idea, my bank removed it and categorized it  as fraud. I had to get a new business card, in the middle of the con. Luckily my accounts are my own and linked.

Im not accusing the hotel but someone on their staff is sneaky and figured i wouldn't notice it because you know, Comic Con, we spend big money...i guess they figured I'd see it as hotel charges... but a $90 hotel charge does not go unnoticed!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: Beware! Residence Inn Downtown San Diego Pacific Hwy guests
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:45:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please check your charges for incidentals. I just had an issue on my credit card where it was charged twice, once upon check in with the room and then again separately  the next day. But whomever charged it typed in my CC# the second time. I spoke with the hotel and they had no idea of the charge and since they didnt and i had no idea, my bank removed it and categorized it  as fraud. I had to get a new business card, in the middle of the con. Luckily my accounts are my own and linked.

Im not accusing the hotel but someone on their staff is sneaky and figured i wouldn't notice it because you know, Comic Con, we spend big money...i guess they figured I'd see it as hotel charges... but a $90 hotel charge does not go unnoticed!

Thank you! Will keep an eye out, for sure!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:57:26 AM »

Offline litex2x

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 12:12:23 AM »
I don't notice any usual charges yet but I will keep this thread posted.

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 12:39:11 PM »
Mine happened the next day after i checked in. I was about to go into the Exhibit Hall and was checking my account thru mobile app to make sure my money was in the right account and thats when i saw it. I called and all who i talked to kept telling me it was for incidentals, and i'm like no, you guys tack that on when i check in... i had to leave the Con and come back to the hotel and speak with the hotel accounting person and figure things out. My saying something, probably red flagged the person who did it. who knows, but just in general watch your charges. People like to take advantage of us Con-folks because they figure we got money to blow...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 01:04:41 PM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Moved from "CCI General Discussion" to "SDCC Housing, Parking, and Transportation" forum.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...