Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211084 times)

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1695 on: April 16, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
Does anyone know if you can change and/or add names to the reservation at some point? I reserved a quad occupancy but mis spelled one friend's last name and spaced out to add friend 4's name lol

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to have instead of 2 queen beds, 1 queen and 2 twins? I got Marriott gaslamp. If not then one of the guys has to get a roll away or something I guess or share the bed haha.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #1696 on: April 16, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know if you can change and/or add names to the reservation at some point? I reserved a quad occupancy but mis spelled one friend's last name and spaced out to add friend 4's name lol

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to have instead of 2 queen beds, 1 queen and 2 twins? I got Marriott gaslamp. If not then one of the guys has to get a roll away or something I guess or share the bed haha.

Roll away is possible. they will charge for it.  Rolls aways will be first come first serve.  No room will have 1 queen and 2 twins in it.  Don't worry about the names. it doesn't even matter. They'll turn the info over to the hotel and the hotel won't even check.  All the care about is the guy paying for the room.  ID matching the CC on the reservation.
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1697 on: Today at 08:26:35 AM »

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #1697 on: April 16, 2019, 03:44:44 PM »
Roll away is possible. they will charge for it.  Rolls aways will be first come first serve.  No room will have 1 queen and 2 twins in it.  Don't worry about the names. it doesn't even matter. They'll turn the info over to the hotel and the hotel won't even check.  All the care about is the guy paying for the room.  ID matching the CC on the reservation.

You can change names if you go into the onpeak page with your reservation. There is a little word bubble icon to the right and if you click it you can edit names.

But yea all you need is the name the reservation is under. I have had to get rollaways every year and have had some luck calling the hotel the morning I arrive and requesting them. It really depends on the hotel though.

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1698 on: April 16, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
Thinking optimistically, if you have diamond status with Hilton, I think some of the hotels waive the charge for the third person.  Does anyone know if that applies in this situation?

Thanks!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #1699 on: April 16, 2019, 03:50:06 PM »
Edit oops wrong thread

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1700 on: April 16, 2019, 03:52:19 PM »
Thinking optimistically, if you have diamond status with Hilton, I think some of the hotels waive the charge for the third person.  Does anyone know if that applies in this situation?

Thanks!

I have booked thru CCI hotel reservation systems for over 10 years, i ALWAYS request double occupancy, double beds.  Always have 3+ staying in the room.  Never been charged extra.  I just make sure to send my friends to the lobby bar or something while i check in.  They don't ask, i don't tell.  I've had as many as 5 people stay in a room. Still only paid double occupancy rate.  Tip your housekeeping staff.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:56:55 PM by SynXack »
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
« Reply #1701 on: April 16, 2019, 04:05:15 PM »
You can change names if you go into the onpeak page with your reservation. There is a little word bubble icon to the right and if you click it you can edit names.

But yea all you need is the name the reservation is under. I have had to get rollaways every year and have had some luck calling the hotel the morning I arrive and requesting them. It really depends on the hotel though.

Thanks, I am looking but I don't see it haha. Oh well I guess it is not a big deal really

Offline pegleg1204

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #1702 on: April 16, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
Third year in a row we didn’t get an email.  One of our computers was in before 903 and the second one right after that.   I’ll never understand this system.  We had no duplicate names addresses etc and still nothing.   Now we wait

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #1703 on: April 16, 2019, 04:13:45 PM »
I have a questions about First Wave placements and Second Wave.  Is the entire hotel inventory available for all requests submitted or is some of the inventory held back for the Second Wave?  And if so, any idea on how they decide what is offered and what is held back?

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1704 on: April 16, 2019, 04:16:11 PM »
I have a questions about First Wave placements and Second Wave.  Is the entire hotel inventory available for all requests submitted or is some of the inventory held back for the Second Wave?  And if so, any idea on how they decide what is offered and what is held back?

No one knows. Theories everywhere. Nothing ever confirmed. OnPeak never says a thing. The most silent company in the world.

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #1705 on: April 16, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
I have booked thru CCI hotel reservation systems for over 10 years, i ALWAYS request double occupancy, double beds.  Always have 3+ staying in the room.  Never been charged extra.  I just make sure to send my friends to the lobby bar or something while i check in.  They don't ask, i don't tell.  I've had as many as 5 people stay in a room. Still only paid double occupancy rate.  Tip your housekeeping staff.

Thanks!  Good to know there's some leeway there.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #1706 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »

No one knows. Theories everywhere. Nothing ever confirmed.

This should be OnPeak's motto honestly.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #1707 on: April 16, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted data or filled out the google form! ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Still no Pendry sightings this year :(

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1708 on: April 16, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted data or filled out the google form! ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Still no Pendry sightings this year :(

The elusive pendry... makes me want to go there this year and see if I can snag a guest and interview them lol

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #1709 on: April 16, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »
The elusive pendry... makes me want to go there this year and see if I can snag a guest and interview them lol

omg Why do they even bother being part of the sale? I mean Bristol pulled out for what I assume is private booking reasons (could be wrong) so if Pendry is going to do that, just don't put yourself in the sale at all.  Come one my dudes.