Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211469 times)

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1815 on: April 17, 2019, 05:25:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It can be waved at MGH. I wasn't charged for it last year for being part of their reawrds program :)
Idk how it works with MMM but yeah

That is absolutely correct. It can be waived with their rewards program.  Hyatt I believe is the only one that has that perk though, and I think you have to be tier 2 or higher correct?
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #1816 on: April 17, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
It can be waved at MGH. I wasn't charged for it last year for being part of their reawrds program :)
Idk how it works with MMM but yeah

I have been part of the Marriott reward program for a while but the only time I use it is for Comic Con so don't have any status so fingers cross that maybe they will do it for me, I can only ask and see if they will do it.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1817 on: Today at 11:39:50 PM »

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #1817 on: April 17, 2019, 05:30:03 PM »
That is absolutely correct. It can be waived with their rewards program.  Hyatt I believe is the only one that has that perk though, and I think you have to be tier 2 or higher correct?

Not tier 2
I just signed up a week before the con last year lol
And I asked at front desk if I can have it waved they said yeah no problem you're a member :D

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1818 on: April 17, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »
Me, drinking up all this good MGH tea. Keep it coming guys!

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #1819 on: April 17, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »
It seems like it is this year's go-to downtown hotel for OnPeak to give away when people's top choices were taken.

Last year it was MMM - I ended up with like 6 rooms there last year, and it wasn't even in my top 6!

how do u get more rooms in a hotel? Do you reserve it during the onsale?

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1820 on: April 17, 2019, 05:54:35 PM »
Not tier 2
I just signed up a week before the con last year lol
And I asked at front desk if I can have it waved they said yeah no problem you're a member :D

Did you ask at check-in or check-out?

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #1821 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
I've gotten the fee waived at MMM before. I just tell them that I'm only there to sleep and won't be using anything and will pay for the internet as I want it and they haven't charged their daily fee. I've also gone and paid for the whole remaining balance upfront, which could have a factor in them waiving those fees on me. They've just said they will restrict access to ordering anything and that if I want to I can come pay for internet on the daily at the front desk.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1822 on: April 17, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »
I've gotten the fee waived at MMM before. I just tell them that I'm only there to sleep and won't be using anything and will pay for the internet as I want it and they haven't charged their daily fee. I've also gone and paid for the whole remaining balance upfront, which could have a factor in them waiving those fees on me. They've just said they will restrict access to ordering anything and that if I want to I can come pay for internet on the daily at the front desk.
Haha yea, that wouldn't be an option for me. My wife likes to rack up a tab on the room via the pool bar. She only goes to con for the night time stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #1823 on: April 17, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
how do u get more rooms in a hotel? Do you reserve it during the onsale?

My wife, daughter, and I all put requests in last year. Each request was for two rooms.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #1824 on: April 17, 2019, 06:48:31 PM »
I still can't believe this worked out, but OnPeak changed our Embassy Suites room from the 1 King to the 2 Doubles (that I had selected).  :) They told me yesterday that they were submitting a support ticket, but I didn't expect it to be changed and even if it did, I didn't expect it to happen before the deposit was due. But they called me to let me know that they were able to change it and the reservation has been changed to reflect the 2 beds. Happy news!
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1825 on: April 17, 2019, 06:58:32 PM »
I still can't believe this worked out, but OnPeak changed our Embassy Suites room from the 1 King to the 2 Doubles (that I had selected).  :) They told me yesterday that they were submitting a support ticket, but I didn't expect it to be changed and even if it did, I didn't expect it to happen before the deposit was due. But they called me to let me know that they were able to change it and the reservation has been changed to reflect the 2 beds. Happy news!
Wow.... Onpeak... The onpeak?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline nerdftw

• Ballroom 20
  • "Eleven's the best; you'll cry your eyes out"
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #1826 on: April 17, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »
Just a question about MMM I went to book some bookend dates on the Marriott website but notice that there is a $30 destination Fee does anyone know if this will be charges on top of the Comic Con rates and does every room have a fridge or will I need to request one. Also which view do you believe is the best bay view or city view?
They will give you a fridge, you just have to ask. My sister in law went while she was pumping and they gave her a fridge to keep her milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oswin: Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy?

The Doctor: Doctor. You call me the Doctor.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #1827 on: April 17, 2019, 07:22:20 PM »

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #1828 on: April 17, 2019, 08:19:16 PM »
They will give you a fridge, you just have to ask. My sister in law went while she was pumping and they gave her a fridge to keep her milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll request one when they transfer the booking then.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:51:27 PM by ShannonCooper87 »

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #1829 on: April 17, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »
Thanks I'll request one when they transfer the booking then.

Three years ago when I stayed at MMM I was unable to get a real fridge.  I requested one ahead of time when the rooms were transferred from OnPeak.  When I checked in on Thursday morning they were unable to fill my request.  My wife was pumping at the time.  We had to use the in-room drink cooler/mini fridge and lots of ice.

Maybe you have to get there Wednesday to get one but that year we couldn’t make it until Thursday.