Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210971 times)

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2310 on: April 25, 2019, 06:03:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[member=8132]puppy[/member] just overwrite the original information with your own payment information and you should be good to go.
Remember to also add yourself in as an occupant on the same page.
After you pay, click on the person's name in the upper right corner and change the contact information to yourself, that way your will receive all the emails from then on.

By contact information, do you mean the email address?  That part has been changed.  Can the name in the upper right be changed or will it stay the same? 

If the original reservation name is not changed, can we leave it that way or will that cause a problem?  Should we call OnPeak to change it?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 06:14:53 AM by puppy »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2311 on: April 25, 2019, 06:28:00 AM »
By contact information, do you mean the email address?  That part has been changed.  Can the name in the upper right be changed or will it stay the same? 

If the original reservation name is not changed, can we leave it that way or will that cause a problem?  Should we call OnPeak to change it?
You can and should change both the email and phone number.  You will not be able to remove the original owners name unless you call onPeak and ask nicely.
You will want to change the email address so that any confirmations or updates to the reservation are sent to your email address and not the original owner.

If you do not remove the original name, they will always be tied to the reservation as the owner, but not necessarily considered an occupant.  Therefore, You should not get charged extra for their name being on the reservation.
It is really up to you whether or not you want to give onPeak a call.

And, of course, if you do call, please post back any experiences you can share about your interaction with onPeak to help the rest of us out.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2312 on: Today at 03:53:42 AM »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2312 on: April 25, 2019, 06:58:37 AM »
You can and should change both the email and phone number.  You will not be able to remove the original owners name unless you call onPeak and ask nicely.
You will want to change the email address so that any confirmations or updates to the reservation are sent to your email address and not the original owner.

If you do not remove the original name, they will always be tied to the reservation as the owner, but not necessarily considered an occupant.  Therefore, You should not get charged extra for their name being on the reservation.
It is really up to you whether or not you want to give onPeak a call.

And, of course, if you do call, please post back any experiences you can share about your interaction with onPeak to help the rest of us out.

Ack!  I guess my friend put in her credit card info but could see any spot to change the occupants.  She was able to change triple occupant to double occupant but she didn't see a spot anywhere to change the occupant.  Should she call OnPeak or is it better to ask the giver to call?  I don't want to trouble the kind person who gave this to us, but I don't want my friend to be too frazzled, either.

UPDATE:  The call to OnPeak was easy.  They fixed everything.  The giver did not have to call.  Thank you for you help [member=3710]SteveD[/member] .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:28:10 AM by puppy »

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2313 on: April 25, 2019, 07:30:26 AM »

Ack!  I guess my friend put in her credit card info but could see any spot to change the occupants.  She was able to change triple occupant to double occupant but she didn't see a spot anywhere to change the occupant.  Should she call OnPeak or is it better to ask the giver to call?  I don't want to trouble the kind person who gave this to us, but I don't want my friend to be too frazzled, either.
The only place you can change occupants on a single room reservation is on the form where you enter your credit card and personal information.
It is listed under Room Shares at the bottom of the form.
Once you're past that page, you will need to call onPeak to make those changes.  Because her credit card was used to pay, they may make the changes without needing the original owner.
Make sure to have the onPeak reservation ID and email address as listed on the email with the subject line, CONFIRMATION.  Then give them a call and see what they say.
Hopefully they will just make the changes for you.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

Offline Namron83

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #2314 on: April 25, 2019, 08:54:42 AM »
Would to hotels care if wether or not how many people stay in the room? I know prices would usually go up a bit when the number of occupants increases, but the sdcc hotel prices are set regardless.

We have some late additions and went from 5 (2 kids) occupants to 7 (3 kids). Anyone ever roomshare with way too many people? How much is too much for a standard room because I'm thinking anything over 5 is alot.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #2315 on: April 25, 2019, 09:00:51 AM »
Would to hotels care if wether or not how many people stay in the room? I know prices would usually go up a bit when the number of occupants increases, but the sdcc hotel prices are set regardless.

We have some late additions and went from 5 (2 kids) occupants to 7 (3 kids). Anyone ever roomshare with way too many people? How much is too much for a standard room because I'm thinking anything over 5 is alot.

Even during SDCC most hotels charge extra for additional occupants, I know MGH does for sure.  I wouldn't let them know you have so many people in the room  ;)

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #2316 on: April 25, 2019, 09:44:07 AM »
My two rooms that I passed on had no issues changing the name when they called OnPeak.  Below is the path I took, and both worked out.

1. Open original email
2. Change email, password and phone to person you're giving to
3. Have them log in and apply the deposit on their card
4. Wait till confirmation comes in
5. They call and ask to get name changed.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2317 on: April 25, 2019, 10:47:20 AM »
The only place you can change occupants on a single room reservation is on the form where you enter your credit card and personal information.
It is listed under Room Shares at the bottom of the form.
Once you're past that page, you will need to call onPeak to make those changes.  Because her credit card was used to pay, they may make the changes without needing the original owner.
Make sure to have the onPeak reservation ID and email address as listed on the email with the subject line, CONFIRMATION.  Then give them a call and see what they say.
Hopefully they will just make the changes for you.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

The update was below but I'll just recap.  She called OnPeak and they fixed everything.  The giver did not have to call.  My friend never did see the box for adding occupants.  OnPeak said that was weird.  We're not sure what happened.

Offline sisustylegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 55
« Reply #2318 on: April 25, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »

We did it a couple years ago.  We had 5 adults and it was super tight.  I can't imagine 7, even if 3 are kids.  That's one small room and bathroom. Yikes!  You are braver than I am.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #2319 on: April 25, 2019, 11:51:48 AM »
We did it a couple years ago.  We had 5 adults and it was super tight.  I can't imagine 7, even if 3 are kids.  That's one small room and bathroom. Yikes!  You are braver than I am.
My thoughts exactly. Noooooo thanks. Lol even sharing a room with a 3rd person is a big ask for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #2320 on: April 25, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
Me too! It's funny, I have a group of friends that has been room stuffing for years and years, even as they got married and got increasingly better jobs. It always baffled me, but apparently this year is finally the year that all the couples decided to switch to one room per couple. Finally!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #2321 on: April 25, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »
Last year was the last year I would do 4 to a room!  I am over it, I have a decent paying job and deserve my own bed.  I think my friends thought I would change my mind, they seemed shocked this year when I stood my ground and said I wasn't doing 4 to a room.

All I could think was I gave you a years notice!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #2322 on: April 25, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
Last year was the last year I would do 4 to a room!  I am over it, I have a decent paying job and deserve my own bed.  I think my friends thought I would change my mind, they seemed shocked this year when I stood my ground and said I wasn't doing 4 to a room.

All I could think was I gave you a years notice!

I really want my own bed but it's difficult to get one and also get downtown.  But at least it's only one other person in the room with me. 

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2323 on: April 25, 2019, 12:18:46 PM »
4 to a room (with 2 queens) is the most I would do. Some of those rooms are really tiny! It's way too crowded with 4. I can only imagine having more.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #2324 on: April 25, 2019, 12:21:09 PM »
I really want my own bed but it's difficult to get one and also get downtown.  But at least it's only one other person in the room with me.

I am looking forward to it!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion