Author Topic: Anyone Collect Mondo/Art Prints?  (Read 87028 times)

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
Re: Anyone Collect Mondo/Art Prints?
« Reply #540 on: November 26, 2019, 12:25:15 PM »
They have never marked up the price on previous flat file sales.  If they do for this it would be a major shift in the sales process over ones they have done in the last 10 years.  Also almost betting their contracts with most properties lock in prices .

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #541 on: November 26, 2019, 04:24:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
They have never marked up the price on previous flat file sales.  If they do for this it would be a major shift in the sales process over ones they have done in the last 10 years.  Also almost betting their contracts with most properties lock in prices .

They marked up the prices at their flat file sale at Thought Bubble a couple weeks ago.

Hard to make out, but Stout GOTG was 240 eur, Stout SW 1200 eur. First time they've done it, I know. But with the prices recently raised and ThoughtBubble, I'm pretty sure we may be seeing some prices above retail.

I mean, hopefully not. The prices are still pretty low when you look at what they are currently valued at, but part of the fun of the flat file sale was getting something at cost.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #542 on: Today at 05:25:51 AM »

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2019, 10:37:15 AM »
WELP. I was hoping to pick up the Francesco Francavilla The Invisible Man, but as soon as I hit checkout, it was gone. Then I thought about Vertigo. Gone too. Then The Rocketeer. Gone. The only thing I was able to get was the Laurent Durieux Bambi poster.
Handle for most social media & gaming accounts: @Xircuits

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »
WELP. I was hoping to pick up the Francesco Francavilla The Invisible Man, but as soon as I hit checkout, it was gone. Then I thought about Vertigo. Gone too. Then The Rocketeer. Gone. The only thing I was able to get was the Laurent Durieux Bambi poster.

I love Durieux's work. This is the first time I've had luck in this sale and I probably spent too much. I'll forgo the Grey Matter mystery tube as penance. Whalen Samurai Jack, Kilian Eng Silver Surfer, Olly Moss Die Hard, and Wm Stout Nosferatu (Key Line). Was really hoping the Struzan Gunslinger would pop up but if it did I missed it.

And yeah, it really seems like some of the really $$$ posters did go live and were purchased.

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #544 on: November 29, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »
I love Durieux's work. This is the first time I've had luck in this sale and I probably spent too much. I'll forgo the Grey Matter mystery tube as penance. Whalen Samurai Jack, Kilian Eng Silver Surfer, Olly Moss Die Hard, and Wm Stout Nosferatu (Key Line). Was really hoping the Struzan Gunslinger would pop up but if it did I missed it.

And yeah, it really seems like some of the really $$$ posters did go live and were purchased.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I got it. But it was like 5th on my list. There were other Durieux works I wanted before this. Like the Vertigo one. I don't even want the variant...just the regular with the saturated orange background. That was #2. I just can't believe people are selling the Invisible Man for $900 on Ebay.

You know what I didn't see that I thought was going to be available during the sale? Kevin Tong's Mulholland Drive. I was ogling that while browsing through their archive.

I'm going to take the money I couldn't spend at Mondo over to Josh Budich's store - he's got free shipping as part of his Black Friday deal. Anyone seen any good Black Friday deals?

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #545 on: November 29, 2019, 11:29:40 AM »
Nothing on my list that I had bookmarked popped up... so I just loaded up on [too many] Mitchell portraits  :-\

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
Mad Duck has a sale, there's a new Kevin Tong Blue Velvet poster too.

Not really a sale, but Anthony Petrie opened his shop up for Black Friday, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #547 on: December 02, 2019, 03:24:44 PM »
In case anyone missed this. Matt Taylor Endgame poster dropping tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #548 on: December 02, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »
Alice X. Zhang has Cyber Monday deals. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jonathan Burton opened up his shop for holiday shopping. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #549 on: December 02, 2019, 08:00:20 PM »
Alice X. Zhang has Cyber Monday deals. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jonathan Burton opened up his shop for holiday shopping. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think I'm all shopped out but those GoT prints on Jonathan Burton's are great. I'm really wanting this now You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #550 on: December 02, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »
I think I'm all shopped out but those GoT prints on Jonathan Burton's are great. I'm really wanting this now You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh man, I almost got into collecting Folio Society books. My husband just shook his head no...like don't do it! LOL - we are both big readers and I think we've both agreed that we'd only buy if they were at a good price and if they were deemed staples and must-haves in any library. But we do have an Alice in Wonderland from Folio Society and a copy of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn from First Edition Library. I believe a few years ago I bought a Heritage Society Frankenstein. At the time I was determined to have a collection of classics all in slip covers.

Here are some pictures:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:52:28 PM by Xircuits »

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #551 on: December 04, 2019, 07:18:06 AM »
Having a hard time not pulling the trigger for the TMNT and foil Watership Down poster at Bottleneck Gallery today. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #552 on: December 04, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
tell me about it
i've still got a foil Watership in my cart
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #553 on: December 04, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
I got an endgame variant yesterday
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Xircuits

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2019, 01:28:00 PM »
I got an endgame variant yesterday

You have some lightning fast fingers my friend. Those variants went in a blink of an eye.  ;D